cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

i just renewed my plan is says its active in self serve but it wont let me send or receive text

jroc506
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

i just changed my plant to unlimted texting only because its all i had enough money for it says that it is active in the self serve section but it will not let me send or get text it says the payment went thru can someone please tell me how i can fix this im starting to wish i didnt go with public this is the second time ive had problems within the 2 months i have had this service and its very difficult to get them solved because there is no call center thanks in advance 

6 REPLIES 6

jroc506

the plan that i had before was ulimited texting and calling i just had to take calling off for this month as i wasent able to pay for both plus i dont use calling very often thanks for the help everyone 

jroc506

i honestly im not entire sure how or why it works the reason i tired it is because it was the only method i could personaly think of that i could suspend my service temporarly and then re start it i tried the phone reboot which normally will fix it but it wouldnt work after that i decided i miswell try to suspend my service i had nothing to loose it wasent working anyways so i did it and within seconds of me turning it on i used a texting app (textnow) to text my phone and i got it so i replied on my phone to the texting app and it worked 

@jroc506, that method you’ve found to fix an issue by reporting as lost or stolen is great. But it makes no sense to me why.

What made you try that?

Perhaps this could be the fix for everyone with a wonky issue preventing service from working properly???

jroc506

hey guys i  tryed rebooting it didnt work but what did work was reporting it lost or stolen suspending my service and waiting 10 minutes and then turning my service back on thank you for the reply 

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@jroc506, try rebooting your phone, see if that helps. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey @jroc506, What plan did you have before?  Did it include text (and was it working)?  Also, have you restarted your phone since you paid/changed plans?

Need Help? Let's chat.