cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to upgrate plan and keep $10 off promotion

mike55
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi! Looks like I use more data than I thought. Just activated a new account a few days ago and would like to upgrade from 4.5gb -> 8gb plan. From what I read it looks like I should wait until I am nearing thje next billing cycle before upgrading, is that correct? Will my promotional offer of $10 off/ month remain if I do so? 

Also, is it possible to get the CNY2020 promotion added retroactively? 

8 REPLIES 8

mike55

This is all really excellent advice! Thanks so much I've already made the changes you recomend! 🙂 

@mike55  Too bad you can't hotspot off my excess data! I found that fizz service available in Quebec has an interesting concept of allowing your plan data to roll over only expiring after 60 days. They also allow you to gift plan data to another customer. Very unique and certainly sets them apart from other providers.

There are lots of ways to conserve your data. Theres no point in changing your plan to the $50 when your getting 5gb for a bargain $28. I'm on a similar promo but have more than I need. But why switch to the 1gb $25/$23 plan w/autopay to save $5?!!

First set your data tracker to your 30 day renewal dates. Set your data warning to 50% of your plan data so you can properly assess your use rather than getting the 90% used warning on day 7! Enable your data saver and ensure all updates only occur on WiFi. Restrict the background data on 95% of your apps leaving only the OS and a couple of really needed apps with background data usage allowed like core apps, maps, filters, texts and I allow photos. Everything else operates  just fine without background usage on.

Download your music library onto your phone or a micro sd along with any video you want to watch. YouTube consumes data like a ferocious beast so avoid using these kind of apps while on mobile data. Take advantage of free WiFi spots and have your phone automatically connect to spots you frequent on a regular basis but you can turn off the feature that automatically scans for open networks once you establish a list of regular hotspots.

If your not using it just turn your mobile data off when you don't have use of or have access to your phone. You will be amazed at how much wastage you can clawback and use by just plugging most of the holes in your data bucket.

Oh and welcome to public mobile!

mike55

Thanks for the replies all. I will do as suggested and manage my data better and stick wiht the current plan. Thanks for all the answers. 🙂

@kselmak  I think the promotions are pretty clear and coded to automatically eliminate the promo discount once changed unlike promotions last fall previous to the black friday sale. I think its a waste of time for both sides.

kselmak
Mayor / Maire

Yes you will lose the promo I'm not sure if mods can help as it's upgrade.

The promo is still on, you do have an option to open another account and abandon the one you have now, but if you ported your number or would be more expensive to port out then back on again.

Why don't you ask moderators if upgrade will cancel the promo like downgrade does

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@mike55 wrote:

Hi! Looks like I use more data than I thought. Just activated a new account a few days ago and would like to upgrade from 4.5gb -> 8gb plan. From what I read it looks like I should wait until I am nearing thje next billing cycle before upgrading, is that correct? Will my promotional offer of $10 off/ month remain if I do so? 

Also, is it possible to get the CNY2020 promotion added retroactively? 

If you are on a plan that has the $10 off for 8 months, it says you can't change your plan or it will remove the promotion.  What do you mean to apply the promo retroactively it is automatically added when you activated during the promo period.  If you don't activate during that time you can't get the promo.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

According to terms.

If you switch your rate plan, OR fall into a suspend or inactive state while on the promotion, you will no longer be eligible for this promotion.

When did sign up for your account as the Lunar year  promo is still in effect ?

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@mike55  I'm afraid any change of plan will cause you to lose the promotion. Can you curtail your data use and use data saving options to stay with your current plan?

Need Help? Let's chat.