Did you mean: 

how to port my number over to public mobile

fitzroy1967
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

how to port over my number from my current provider

6 REPLIES 6

Yiatiohi
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Just search your account settings and you will figure it out. 

jp2
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

As far as I know all carriers cancel your account automatically when you port your number out

Donderick23
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Just a quick question in regards to this topic.

Does the previous provider automatically cancels your account when we transfer the number?

i got a call from freedom today twice and an email regarding “not having a valid number in account please sign in using old number “

when i I tried signing in...it said “Login failed” with correct number and password. ASSUMING that they had cancelled my account already when I transferred to pm.

@its_lena wrote:

I just did this yesterday! 

1.  Log into your PM mobile account.

2.  Click on "Plan and Add-On-Ons" (top left)

3. Click on "Change Phone Number" (top right under your Account #)

4.  Click on "Transfer a wireless or wireline number....

5.  It will ask you to provide the number so it can check for eligibility - this may take a minute or two

6.  If all is good, it will ask you for certain information, only one field is required to be filled out for the three that are starred red * (Old Account Number, IMEI, can't remember the thrid).  I used IMEI number.  And the name of the account holder.

7.  Once you submit your information, your number should port pretty quickly - about an hour or so!

Good Luck!

Nice write-up, @its_lena!

Couple of things to add:

- The account with the number-to-be-ported needs to be active and in good standing at the time of the port.

- If your previous provider has account numbers (SpeakOut for example doesn't) using the account number as found on your bill are the safest bet.

- Make sure that the "I'm the authorized account holder." (or something along those lines) is checked.

its_lena
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I just did this yesterday! 

1.  Log into your PM mobile account.

2.  Click on "Plan and Add-On-Ons" (top left)

3. Click on "Change Phone Number" (top right under your Account #)

4.  Click on "Transfer a wireless or wireline number....

5.  It will ask you to provide the number so it can check for eligibility - this may take a minute or two

6.  If all is good, it will ask you for certain information, only one field is required to be filled out for the three that are starred red * (Old Account Number, IMEI, can't remember the thrid).  I used IMEI number.  And the name of the account holder.

7.  Once you submit your information, your number should port pretty quickly - about an hour or so!

Good Luck!

jp2
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Do you want to do it in store or online?

Need Help? Let's chat.