cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to get a refund

yardie
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Ineed to get back my money. I had $66 in my account. I added the add on 1gb of data. My balance dropped to $46. Realized that i needed Talk, Text and Data so I did add on for that.  I accepted and ok payment for that. Well now my account is now showing $26. There is no add on phone service and my money is gone.

15 REPLIES 15

Acekiller
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

good for you that you got the refund!

yardie

I have received my refund and thanked the moderators. I believe my case was quite simple and straight forward.  

yardie

I do plan to contact the CRTC about this issue if I am not satisfied. 

I notice that I'm not the only persom whom needs to get a refund. I provided required info. 

yardie

Re the questions, what made me think I could replace one add on with another and is it US add on?

I was not trying to replace. I mistakenly bought only US data. 

Then I attempted to buy US Talk, Text and Data. $20 dollars was deducted from my account but the Talk,Text and Data (250) has not been activated. 

My $20 should be refunded because the service has  not been provided.  

@eerriinn wrote:

Currently in the USA and added US talk text and data bundle on Tuesday night and not working since I landed Wednesday.... tried to do it again and charged twice and no luck.

How can I get this to work or my money back.

thank you 

@eerriinn

Adding add-ons is a two step process. If you log into your self-serve account and find the money in your available funds, you need to "buy" your add-on again.

If your add-on is active in your self-serve but the service doesn't work on your phone make sure that your phone's roaming capability is turned on. Public Mobile's roaming partners are AT&T and T-Mobile if you want to select the provider manually. You might also want to double check the APN settings.

Here are the official roaming facts: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Knowledge-Base/Learn-all-about-US-Roaming/ta-p/75772

Should everything above fail you can contact the @Moderator_Team here. Include all relevant information in your message, such as account number, phone number, in depth description of your problem

More information on contacting the mods: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Knowledge-Base/Updated-Contacting-our-Community-Moder...

eerriinn
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Currently in the USA and added US talk text and data bundle on Tuesday night and not working since I landed Wednesday.... tried to do it again and charged twice and no luck.

How can I get this to work or my money back.

thank you 

Tracytong23

I followed the steps as instructed on the Public Mobile site and still have not had any success. It's been over 24 hours and I will be not be requiring the US Data roaming any longer within 48 hours.

Tracytong23

I turned my roaming on and I had changed my APN settings according to the instructions. It still did not work.

@Tracytong23, if your US addon didn't activate I would take a look into your self serve and I bet you will see the $20 in your Available Funds.  Purchasing addons is a two step process.  The first step just adds money to your account you then need to purchase the addon again and have the money taken from your Available Funds.  If you have no money showing there you may have had roaming turned off or some other setting as the US addon has been a pretty solid service.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Tracytong23

My US data roaming service did not activate. I would like a refund of $20 since I will no longer be needing this.

pakmode
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Hopefully this gets sorted out for you OP. 

CS_Agent
Customer Support Agent

@Yardi, Please check your mailbox, I just sent you a private message 🙂

Cheers,

Aïssata_B

@NDesai Another 😞

MoreYummy
Mayor / Maire

In this case, only a mod can do modification for you.

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

Are you referring to US add-ons? What made you think that if you buy another add-on, it will replace the one you already bought? 

Anyways, send a private message to the Moderator_Team with your ph# and account#. They will see what you have done. Usually, there is no refund since its's a prepaid service.

Need Help? Let's chat.