cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how do I monitor / manage data usage while on a US roaming Add On?

pjstock
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I purchased an Add On for roaming in the US recently but was unsure how to monitor my data usage on that Add On (the amount of data allowed is so small that one has to be very careful not to just let it run away.)

I am going to the US again tomorrow and will need another Add On. But this time, I would like to know how to monitor/manage my data while on that Add On.

thank you.

Peter

6 REPLIES 6

@Anonymous wrote:

@srlawren wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@will13am wrote:

@pjstock, Public Mobile does not really offer any tools for monitoring roaming data usage.  The only means is brute force; login to the account and check.  If you phone has data tracking, that is about it.  Sorry for the bad news.

Really? I've never bought roaming add-ons. So there's no counter in the add-ons area or add-ons area View My Usage?

@Anonymous there IS--that's what @will13am meant by "login to the account and check."

I asked due to him saying "brute force" which I took to mean perhaps looking at each data hit and adding them all up.

What's the problem with logging in to have a look? Of course the only other way is to have a local program to view your consumption but the counters on the overview I should think should be fine.

Maybe I might entertain using VBA or javascript or something to automate that. Hmm

Let me try to defend myself here.  Brute force is referring to a lack of eloquence.  When someone asks about this, it is quite evident that they are looking for something different than going into the account, perhap an app.  

Anonymous
Not applicable

@srlawren wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@will13am wrote:

@pjstock, Public Mobile does not really offer any tools for monitoring roaming data usage.  The only means is brute force; login to the account and check.  If you phone has data tracking, that is about it.  Sorry for the bad news.

Really? I've never bought roaming add-ons. So there's no counter in the add-ons area or add-ons area View My Usage?

@Anonymous there IS--that's what @will13am meant by "login to the account and check."

I asked due to him saying "brute force" which I took to mean perhaps looking at each data hit and adding them all up.

What's the problem with logging in to have a look? Of course the only other way is to have a local program to view your consumption but the counters on the overview I should think should be fine.

Maybe I might entertain using VBA or javascript or something to automate that. Hmm

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Anonymous wrote:

@will13am wrote:

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

all you have to do is go into settings celluar data scrol down  see current usage reset if you like and follow it that way it is pretty accurate always worked for me have a great trip! 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@will13am wrote:

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

Need Help? Let's chat.