cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how do I cancel account

jimirving
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Is there any way at all to dpeak with a real voice? I am trying to cancel father's account because he is too old to cope. But you do not recognize my email and I do not recall setting up a PIN for the AutoPay. Help please!

9 REPLIES 9

@yybfss   

" I have been trying using the website and have accomplished nothing"

what did you try?  you tried to login and failed?  if so,  did you already ported the number away? if you have ported,  the account would have closed already. 

if you ask have the service now and unable to login My account,  you can remove Autopay via *611 as well, if you know the 4 digits PIN. 

if you don't know the PIN, unable to login My Account and you sure Autopay is still enabled, then you have to open a ticket with PM to reset the password.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@HALIMACS wrote:

If you have an available balance to draw upon, it will continue to draw upon until the balance is zero, then the account will suspend. 

...or less than your plan cost...not necessarily zero.

@yybfss : Official policy says you can ask them to cancel the account at any time. But the fact that it's a prepaid service and no refunds...just stop paying.

@yybfss wrote:

Can someone tell me how to cancel my account with Public Mobile I have been trying using the website and have accomplished nothing other than to become extremely frustrated!

It's very simple.

Just don't pay on the next cycle renewal and your account will suspend. 

If you have auto-pay set up, remove the payment card from the auto-pay screen and it will not charge to cover your next renewal.

If you have an available balance to draw upon, it will continue to draw upon until the balance is zero, then the account will suspend.  The available balance is non-refundable, so if there's funds left, might be best to keep the service until it's gone.

If you're porting out to another provider, once the new provider has been activated, it will automatically close your account with Public Mobile.

That should about cover it.

@yybfss If you have autopay setup then remove your credit card to cancel your account.

To update or remove your credit or Visa debit card details, sign in to Self-Serve. Once signed in, click on the ‘Payment’ tab, then scroll to the bottom of the page and select ‘Manage my card’. Here, you will have the option to either select ‘Replace this card’, where you can enter the details for your new card, or ‘Remove this card’. You will need to review and confirm this change to your account and then you’re all set..

yybfss
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Can someone tell me how to cancel my account with Public Mobile I have been trying using the website and have accomplished nothing other than to become extremely frustrated!

CS_Agent
Customer Support Agent

Hi,
If you have any questions concerning the cancellation of your account, just send a private message through the following link, and provide your public mobile phone number and PIN and explain whats going on :
https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Knowledge-Base/The-Public-Mobile-Moderator-Team/ta-p/...

Regards,

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@jimirving wrote:

Is there any way at all to dpeak with a real voice? I am trying to cancel father's account because he is too old to cope. But you do not recognize my email and I do not recall setting up a PIN for the AutoPay. Help please!

If you can't access your account to remove auto-pay you will need to message the moderators.  

To send a private message to a moderator click this link.  In your message please include:

- PM Phone Number

- 4 digit PIN (or at least 3 of the following to verify your identity)

- account number

- date of birth

- complete address listed on account with postal code

- email address on account

- most commonly called numbers

- alternate number listed on the account

- last payment date and amount

- last 4 digits of the credit card

-Detailed explanation

Community Moderators are available from Monday-Friday 9am(Eastern) to 9pm(Eastern) and Saturday, and Sunday from 9am(Eastern) to 7:30pm(Eastern)

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Anonymous
Not applicable

@jimirving, With Public Mobile, there is no call center.  All account support is done via private messages.

If you need to cancel an account, you have 3 choices...  If you pay by voucher, then simply stop adding funds to the account.  If you pay by credit card, simply remove the credit card from the account.  If you do not have access to the account (It seems this is your situation), you will need to contact a moderator via private message and ask them to do it for you.  Note that there is currently a delay of several days until you get a response.

Click here to send the moderator team a private message. Their hours are: Mon-Fri 9AM-9PM(EST) & Sat/Sun 9AM-7:30PM(EST)
You can find information regarding the moderator team by following this link.

Need Help? Let's chat.