cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Re: Grandfather 90-day plan. Should I make the jump to 30-day plan?

@darlicious wrote:

@mpcdesign  The only way to find out if your account does not specifically list it would be tobdo a speed test off wifi. 

This is not necessary. All plans that are set to 3Mpbs 3g speeds state 3g in the data and add-ons section of the account.

Highlighted
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Don't waste your data on me, please. I feel bad for taking your precious time in this forum. 

I have been on the fence for the past month in switching plans. 3G or 4G. 30-days vs 90-days.

making sure there are funds in account vs 80 days make sure funds in the account. 5 gigs vs 2.83 gigs (I get 6+1.5gig +1gig promo for 8.5 gigs for 90-days).

I do like the stated facts in your long message from the pros and cons. 

I may have no choice to do the speed test to make sure if this is for real or not! 

Highlighted

@computergeek541 , but my phone says 4G. Is this for show?

Highlighted
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@mpcdesign wrote:

@computergeek541 , but my phone says 4G. Is this for show?

All customer have access to the LTE network if the phone is compatible.  The "3g" aspect is only a speed reduction. Also,  the phone showing "4g" could mean anything. Some phones display a 4g icon but it's really on a HSPA-type network, while on some other devices, 4g means LTE.

Don't waste your data. If it doesn't say in your account, you have a full speed plan.

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

@mpcdesign  I can easily show you a 3G speed test but 4G can use 10x or more to do a test which is why in song do it on my 4G and I don't recommend you do either (unless you are on day 89.) Screenshot_20200106-025134_Chrome.jpgScreenshot_20200106-024254_Settings.jpgScreenshot_20200106-025330_Settings.jpgScreenshot_20200106-024542_Settings.jpgScreenshot_20200106-025337_Settings.jpgScreenshot_20200106-024744.pngScreenshot_20200106-025458.png

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

@mpcdesign  Note: my phone is showing 4G while on mobile data it's set on 3G in my settings.

Highlighted

@darlicious thanks for doing the data test. I most likely will be changing it up. I mean, its nice to have a 90-day plan and not to worry about things. Instead of getting 8.5 gigs for 3 months, it would be 15 gigs of data. Not sure what I would be doing with so much data, but I guess I could stream more now!

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

@mpcdesign  You can certainly do a lot more data tests!