cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

Re: Grandfather 90-day plan. Should I make the jump to 30-day plan?

@mpcdesign  I have included a screenshot of my thoughts on your dilemma. Sorry if its a little long i have a bit of a problem with that! But just a note to all those who give me the lovely constructive criticism which i do appreciate......this is what happens when I use the edit button to fix a paragraph that is out of place........happy reading @mpcdesign  hopefully the wall of text doesn't deter you!   Lol! (You know who you are......?!!)Screenshot_20200106-013428.png

Highlighted
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@darlicious, thanks for the suggestion. It has been nice to get 4G speeds, but I would think that PM would eventually be moving from 3G to 4G as it should be the norm by now. especially with 5G. 

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

@mpcdesign  I have two accounts and I changed one to the $10 plan just before it was eliminated so my free data add ons still enjoy 4G but it makes very little difference in day to day needs. But if I need to hunker down in the tent during a soggy and raìny day at the lake this summer I know I can stream a movie with no issues.

Highlighted

@darlicious , so if I change my 90-day plan to a 30-day plan, I lose my 4G and go back to 3G?

Even though my plan says it's 3G but I get 4G on my phone?

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

@mpcdesign wrote:

@darlicious , so if I change my 90-day plan to a 30-day plan, I lose my 4G and go back to 3G?

Even though my plan says it's 3G but I get 4G on my phone?

There are no LTE plans any more except $30 data-only plan. Everything else is 3g speed.

Highlighted

I think if I can recall when they were changing those plans, I may have missed the boat didn't I?

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

@mpcdesign  @cellphoneuser1 is correct the 4G on your phone is just there for show if you are currently on a 3G plan. Before they recently eliminated the $10 plan it was the only one other than the data only plan to be able to recieve 4G as a plan with no data included would default to 4G.

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

@mpcdesign  I wasnt here during that time are you sure you have 3G? It is likely you have 4G on your 90 day plan. When did you get it?

Did you choose 3G or 4G ? If you chose 3G at the time and your account shows that....it makes the decision to move to a 30 day plan even easier.

Highlighted

I got the plan way back in July 2017. I have no idea how to test the phone for 3G or 4G speeds. I guess I could Google it on my phone.

@cellphoneuser1 did make a good point, and quite possibly as well as you did that there aren't any LTE plans except for the 1 gig data plan add-on at this time. 

@darlicious, I was just thinking that maybe it is for show on my phone. It's been like that since they were changing plans. I didn't make the switch thinking I was getting LTE for nothing! I think if I was out and about, I do check to see if there is a wi-fi spot as my cable company has hotspots, and I get 500 gigs versus my 2.5 gig of data. 

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

@mpcdesign  The only way to find out if your account does not specifically list it would be tobdo a speed test off wifi. Caution speed tests use a lot of data and considerably more data on 4G. It's only recommended to do so on the last day of your plan cycle if you have extra data to burn. I can perform a speed test on my 3G to show you the amount of data used for it. I left 3.4gb on the table at my recent renewal so I can spare it. But I won't waste it on my 4G plan.