cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

have 90 day plans been eliminated?

I'm sending a referral to a friend and have recommended a 90 day play but he can't find them in the plan offerings.  Have they been eliminated?

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Oracle

Re: have 90 day plans been eliminated?

Yes 90 day plans, the plan builder and full lte plans have been removed. You can only choose from pre built plans. 

Edit. Just in case referrals now use a code not your tel number. 

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
Oracle

Yes 90 day plans, the plan builder and full lte plans have been removed. You can only choose from pre built plans. 

Edit. Just in case referrals now use a code not your tel number. 

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Is there a difference? 90 day plan. Or pay for your plan for 30 or 90 days in advance?

Found on PM website today. Or website is not up to date?

7AE857DC-2FD9-46FB-91A7-96B9C8AEE8E6.jpeg

Highlighted
Oracle

@88cranston   90 day plans exist for customers who had them, ie they are grandfatered. New customers can only get 30 day plans.

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

@88cranston wrote:

Is there a difference? 90 day plan. Or pay for your plan for 30 or 90 days in advance?

Found on PM website today. Or website is not up to date?

7AE857DC-2FD9-46FB-91A7-96B9C8AEE8E6.jpeg

For new customers, the 90 day plans are not an option. For those on grandfathered 90 day plans, they can still use autopay and get the autopay credit.

Customer certainly can pay 3 month in advance still if he chooses, but the plans are only 30 day duration now. Payment will come out on renewal date along with autopay as long as customer has a valid credit card on their account.

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

@carolyndyma 

There is no advantage of getting the 90 days plan except the full LTE speed 90 days plan back in 2016 IIRC.

For subscribers with refer-a-friend reward, if one of your referee left PM on the day before your 90 days plan renewal, you will be out of $3 reward.  If you have a 30 days plan, you will get $2 reward instead of $0

Highlighted
Oracle

@popping  I have to disagree with the statement no benefits for 90 day plans. its a moot point now but except for hose on 90 day plans.   Initially there were 2  then 1 then none.

the first was there was a slight discount for 90 day plans, but that was removed.

the second abeit a double edged sword was that you could spread your data usage over the 90 days,    one had higher usage than another.  or you could accidently use all your 90 days of data on the first day of the plan.  

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

@mimmo wrote:

@popping  I have to disagree with the statement no benefits for 90 day plans. its a moot point now but except for hose on 90 day plans.   Initially there were 2  then 1 then none.

the first was there was a slight discount for 90 day plans, but that was removed.

the second abeit a double edged sword was that you could spread your data usage over the 90 days,    one had higher usage than another.  or you could accidently use all your 90 days of data on the first day of the plan.  

Thank you for the info.  I was not with PM long enough to know that PM gave discount on 90 days plan over 3x30days.

Highlighted
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Grandfather 90-day plan. Should I make the jump to 30-day plan?

Hi Everyone,

First of all, Happy New Year 2020! 

Secondly, I need some suggestions? I have been grandfather on a 90-day plan. Should I make the jump to a 30-day plan? I like the 90-day plan ($120 total) because I didn't have to worry about paying for 90-days, and at the time I signed up, the plan that I was on was okay. Yes, I know I could either use all my data on one day or spread it across the 3-months. My plan is a bit dated, but do-able, at 7.5 gigs of data for 90-days. 

A 30-day plan would give me an outstanding 5 gigs at the same rate of $40 a month. I would still get the same discount from my autopay and loyalty. I didn't have any referrals. The occasion community reward here or there.

Am torn what to do, should I make the change from a 90-day plan to 3 monthly plan? 
I think the only benefit is the additional data of another 2.5 gigs of data to 5gigs? 

Thoughts

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

Re: Grandfather 90-day plan. Should I make the jump to 30-day plan?

@mpcdesign 

All things considered you have two main advantages/disadvantages to decide between: data speed and data amount. For some data speed is a deal breaker. 4G or 3G. Many people won't even consider switching to public mobile because 4G speed is essential to their needs. I really can't notice the difference except you can burn thru your data quicker at 4G due to certain apps like YouTube sensing the higher speed will use more to offer you better resolution etc...thus more data speed but do you really need this kind of better quality on your phone? Pertaining to your quandary this can be a distinct disadvantage because at 4G you also have half as much data per "month" averaging 2.5gb rather than 5gb.

Now for others the plan data allotment would be a no brainer. So many cannot make it thru 30 days with 8.5gb let alone 2.5gb or in their cases they would burn thru all 7.5gb before 30 days let alone 90 days. 5gb per month for you would put aside any need for conservatism you may experience in your final 30 days of your 90 day plan knowing you had used a little more than usual in your first 60 days. Even an accidental high use by an app running background data is easily remedied because your renewal is at most 29 days away rather than 50, 60 or 80 days later.                The need to change plans "now" wouldn't mean the loss of value of many days because the length of your plan is much shorter. You gain the flexibility of being able to change plans to suit your needs on a thirty day basis. Summers at the cottage or cabin where there may be little or no WiFi you can easily schedule change at next renewal to a higher data plan for a month or two. Alternatively  in winter knowing you spend a few months cosying up to the fireplace at home on WiFi you could lower your plan down to the $25 if you wanted to save an extra $15 per month.

If I was making the choice after considering all the factors and knowing it's a permanent one because you cannot return to 90 day plan or a 4G data speed I think I'd take the step into the 2020's and leave the 90 day plan in the past. I dont think 4G speed makes a big enough difference with throttled 3G and you use a little less at that speed and double the amount of data per month. Gaining flexibility gives you a lot more control over managing the cost of your bill and your needs at different times of the year even making it easier to suspend your account for a longer holiday overseas than with a 90 day plan.

Finally the convenience of paying your bill quarterly is not lost....you can continue to top up your account with enough funds to cover 90 days if you wish. But if you're a little short on funds you don't have to scrimp together a larger payment but just enough to cover 30 days. Best of luck with your final choice.