cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

got 500MB AutoPay bonus data and $10 savings/month on 30-day 3G data plan

saje_ward
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

So my above $10 savings per month for 6 months bonus is coming to an end. My teen uses the plan and does use the data and needs to be able to text. We signed up for the $30/m 500mb +500mb plan on Dec 31, 2018. It has unlimited intl text and Cdn wide calling.

It would seem to me that the I could drop down to the current $25/m plan with 500mb and 500mb bonus and be getting the same thing.

Am I missing anything? Sometimes these deals are convoluted and I don't spent much time on these boards staying up to date on all of the details.

Thanks so much!

14 REPLIES 14

saje_ward

Awesome advice, thanks so much everyone! You've been so helpful!

@kselmak wrote:

@GinYVR wrote:

@saje_wardI would recommend switching the plan a day or 2 before the actual renewal cycle begins.. as moving from a lower price plan using autopay is known to cause problem.

What i did was load the account with funds in advance and no problems. Actually i always load the account prior to renewal because renewal is setup the last minute and if anything goes wrong ( on either pm side or credit card side or anywhere in between) there is no chance to fix the problem before renewal. I still get all the autopay rewards even though i load manually

@saje_ward  That is a good strategy. Just make a one-time payment into your account 1 day before renewal so that you have enough funds to cover the renewal of your old plan ($30.00) that way if there is an issue with AutoPay and/or the plan change your account will not go into suspension. If everything goes well then you will have a $5.00 balance in your account funds that will be used up on your next renewal.

@saje_ward wrote:

Thanks for your reply, but I am not sure that I understand. Both plans seem to have the same inclusions. Am I missing something?

You will see this a lot around here, this plan went up and down by $5 couple of times and there was also version without 500m bonus. Just before one of the 6x10 promotions it was 25 than it went up by $5, that couple of days later promo kicked in, then a week or so after promo it was taken down and reappeared with 25 price tag again. When was it dressed up with data bonus i switched from 35 (1g) to 30(.5+.5) because. 1g was more than enough (and i didn't need 1+.5) than it got even better and went down to 25 but i was not done with muy promo. In a meantime they killed it went back to 30. I managed to postdate the switch, felt really lucky. But then it came back again.

I'm sure it happens for other plans too, i just never followed close enough.

@GinYVR wrote:

@saje_wardI would recommend switching the plan a day or 2 before the actual renewal cycle begins.. as moving from a lower price plan using autopay is known to cause problem.

What i did was load the account with funds in advance and no problems. Actually i always load the account prior to renewal because renewal is setup the last minute and if anything goes wrong ( on either pm side or credit card side or anywhere in between) there is no chance to fix the problem before renewal. I still get all the autopay rewards even though i load manually

saje_ward

Okay thanks. I'll be dropping his plan down to the $25/m plan starting upon his next renewal.

@saje_ward Just plans get commodified and get cheaper over time.. that's what you are missing.

saje_ward

Thanks so much everyone! I appreciate your confirmation. Some times these deals are a bit detailed and I really appreciate you taking a minute to help a fellow PMer out!

Have a great day!

saje_ward

Thanks for your reply, but I am not sure that I understand. Both plans seem to have the same inclusions. Am I missing something?

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@saje_ward wrote:

So my above $10 savings per month for 6 months bonus is coming to an end. My teen uses the plan and does use the data and needs to be able to text. We signed up for the $30/m 500mb +500mb plan on Dec 31, 2018. It has unlimited intl text and Cdn wide calling.

It would seem to me that the I could drop down to the current $25/m plan with 500mb and 500mb bonus and be getting the same thing.

Am I missing anything? Sometimes these deals are convoluted and I don't spent much time on these boards staying up to date on all of the details.

Thanks so much!

Yes.  You can schedule a plan change at your next renewal date to the new $25 plan with the same feature of your $30 plan.  PM lower the $30 plan to $25 after your activation.

bravo_md

you're right going to th $25 plan is a good move.

mh1983
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

The $25 plan is the same. You can switch to it and get the same coverage whilst saving $5/month. I'd recommend to switch to the plan upon next renewal. If you switch now, you don't get a prorated refund for unused portions of the $30 plan. 

Hope that helps. Happy saving!

wywang97
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

You aren't. Public Mobile gives you a discount when you have text/call and when you have both you get an even bigger discount.

kselmak
Mayor / Maire

Yup you're right go for it

I did it with one of my plans

Just remember to schedule the change for that renewal day so you don't lose what you already paid for.

Cheers

Need Help? Let's chat.