cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

get message saying I do not have a talk plan although I do

logical7
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi - I have a plan with unlimited provincial talk, unlimited international text, and 3GB 90 day data. I recently went to the US for a week so purchased the $20 unlimited US text and talk with 400 mg of data. The whole time I was in the US I could not use my phone for talk or send texts to another Ontario phone number (although I could receive texts). And now I am back in Ontario for 24 hours and when I try to make a local call it says that I do not have a talk plan. My plan is still valid and active and paid up for another month. Please help.

11 REPLIES 11

logical7

14 hours after I sent a private message I still have not heard from anyone. I do not understand why there are so many complications from just adding a US 'add-on'. Surely this is done all the time.

logical7

yes, I have used only a little more than half my 3G. When I enter my phone number on PublicMobile website it says it is invalid. (although I am able to make talk calls and can send texts to some (but not all) of my contacts.

Mary_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Good morning @logical7,

thanks for the update !

Have you logged into your self-serve account to make sure that you have data remaining on your plan ? If so, we will look into it for you - please allow us some time to get back to you.

Cheers,

Mary

** Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum. **

logical7

guess I spoke too soon. Now my data is not working. It worked fine last week in the US. But my Canadian plan is still active and paid up for anther year. Why would it not work just because I have a US add-on?

Mary_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

awesome, thank you for confirming 🙂 @logical7

Cheers,

Mary

** Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum. **

logical7

okay - they did a reboot and it works now. Thanks

Mary_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

I can see that my colleague is looking into it - please expect a reply shortly 🙂 @logical7

Mary

logical7

Dear Mary

I did receive a response from my private message. It asked to verify my personal information which I sent an hour ago. Still waiting for a response. Kind regards,

Mary_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hey @logical7,

thank you for getting in contact with us !

We have received your private message regarding your inability to use your domestic services. Please allow some time for our mod team to get back to you 🙂

Regards,

Mary

logical7

Thanks Luddite

I did send a private message to the moderators around 15 minutes before the 7:00 pm close and did not get an answer. Hopefully they will answer in the morning. I did reboot my phone after I got back from the US but it did not work. Kind regards,

Luddite
Oracle
Oracle

Unfortunately you will need moderator assistance. Click this: message to moderators to send a private message to the moderator team with your phone number, account PIN, and an explanation. Moderator hours are: Monday - Friday 9AM (ET) - 9PM (ET); Saturday - Sunday 9AM (ET) - 7:00PM (ET).

Meanwhile, if you need to make phone calls try an application like that from fongo.com. It provides free calling across Canada from wherever you are connected to wifi.

Certainly try rebooting your phone, but I am not hopeful.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.
Need Help? Let's chat.