cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

free talk from U.S. to Canada

longder1
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I snowbird in florida.  I have signed up to change to the $60 plan on my next billing cycle Sept. 19.  

I remain confused about the plan details.  It mentions Canada-U.S. talk is included, but it does not say U.S.-Canada or 'vice-versa'.

Is U.S. to Canada talk included in the $60 plan?

Simply put, with the $60 plan, does it include the following?

1.  when in the U.S.,  can I receive calls for free from canada?

2. when in the u.s., can I phone from u.s. to canada for free?

3.  or, do I need to buy u.s. add-ons to do 1 and 2 above?

7 REPLIES 7

samanthaburton

@longder1 

Have you thought about using Whatsapp? We use this for all our US/Can calling to family and friends and the only challenge is if you need to call businesses.

In the original announcement of this plan there is lots of good info (25 pages worth and growing) including at least one response from someone who switched to it and tried it out.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/Get-8-5-GB-at-3G-speed-2-GB-of-US-Data-...

Terry

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

US roaming is included in the plan so you can call within Canada/US so you can text and use data up to 2 GB.  Note for calling to some area codes are excluded.

Calls made to numbers starting with the following six digit combinations are not included in U.S. Roaming talk Add-Ons or U.S. calling from Canada and will not be completed when dialed: 712-432, 605-562, 641-552, 605-475, 605-477, 712-775, 559-726, 530-881.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@longder1 wrote:

I snowbird in florida.  I have signed up to change to the $60 plan on my next billing cycle Sept. 19.  

I remain confused about the plan details.  It mentions Canada-U.S. talk is included, but it does not say U.S.-Canada or 'vice-versa'.

Is U.S. to Canada talk included in the $60 plan?

Simply put, with the $60 plan, does it include the following?

1.  when in the U.S.,  can I receive calls for free from canada?

2. when in the u.s., can I phone from u.s. to canada for free?

3.  or, do I need to buy u.s. add-ons to do 1 and 2 above?

1. Yes

2. Yes

3. No

It's not free per se...you pay for it in the total plan cost...but not extra.

GR
Mayor / Maire

@longder1   you can call from anywhere in Canada and the US to anywhere in Canada and the US.  You can also receive calls anywhere in Canada and the US. The text will send and receive in Canada and the US. The data you will have 2gb I think it is fot use while in the US 

longder1

how do I ask questions of a moderator?  I appreciate other customers sharing insights, but I need a definitive answer from a moderator regarding the $60 plan details.

How do I connect with a public mobile employee?

Need Help? Let's chat.