cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

free one-time 5GB of data text.

jukos
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I manage my daughters account and she got a text from pm stating the subject line... is this ligit?

686 REPLIES 686

BeachNBeer
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

One this thread (member another username) received the text regarding the 1000min / 1gig) and the system applied the 5gig.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Plans-Add-Ons/free-one-time-5GB-of-data-text/td-p/582...

Check your account as @Dunkman @Anonymous mention. You will still have to contact moderators to get it sorted.

@Terry55 

You should have received a text when the promo is applied to your account.  Several people already have gotten their promotion.  Some customers got 5GB data promo add on instead.  Check your self service account.  

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Terry55 wrote:

On August 24th I opted in for 1000 free minutes and 1gig of data and they have not appeared in my account

Perhaps your data & add-ons shows 5gb of data instead of the 1gb and 1000 minutes.

BeachNBeer

I believe the promo was to August 23rd 11:59 EST but the text did read the 24th...

When you log into your account nothing shows under my data and add-ons?

Did you reply YES to the text message? Did you receive a reply?

You can open a ticket for moderators to look into your account by clicking the question mark ? On bottom right or by sending them a private message at link below.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Terry55
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

On August 24th I opted in for 1000 free minutes and 1gig of data and they have not appeared in my account

@sunflowershine wrote:

@Anotherusername you probably have to upgrade your flip phone to a smartphone!

@sunflowershine good advice.  😀 👍

@Anotherusername , seek moderator team assistance to switch the bonus as suggested.  If things don't work out, all is not lost.  The data bonus is non expiring.  It could come in handy in the future.  

sunflowershine

@Anotherusername you probably have to upgrade your flip phone to a smartphone!

Contact a moderator.

Here’s when and how to contact the Moderator Team:

• Get help with your account the easy way by starting a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon. It’ll take you to relevant help articles, or if it’s something more urgent, it can help you submit a ticket to the Moderator Team. Click here to get started.
  • Alternatively, you can send a private message to the Moderators by clicking here. You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work.

@Anotherusername wrote:

got as text stating free one-time 1GB of data + 1000 canada wide minutes I replied yes but got 5GB data instead on 2 phone numbers. one of my phones is a flip so the data is useless, I want the free one-time 1GB of data + 1000 canada wide minutes instead

Go to the top of this page and click Get Help / Talk to Simon for moderator assistance.

Hi @Anotherusername ,

You will need to request this with the moderators.

To contact the Moderator_Team, there are two ways to reach them:

1-Click the question mark on the bottom right hand side of your screen to talk to SIMon the chat bot.

esjliv_0-1598743561843.png

OR

2-Contact the Moderator_Team via private message using this link.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

@Anotherusername hi contact customer support mods here

make sure to check your inbox(top right corner envelope icon) periodically, for a response

Anotherusername

got as text stating free one-time 1GB of data + 1000 canada wide minutes I replied yes but got 5GB data instead on 2 phone numbers. one of my phones is a flip so the data is useless, I want the free one-time 1GB of data + 1000 canada wide minutes instead

@AE_Collector 

Better something rather than nothing.... it's the bf that needs the freebie. I'll use it but don't need it. As mentioned I now have 13gb of 4G and 18gb of throttled 4G LTE so ill use it eventually......?

@kdli wrote:

Public Mobile sent me a text saying that I was being offered a one time bonus of 1000 Canada wide minutes free of charge.  I do not see where the 1000 bonus minutes are and don't want to go over my usual number of minutes.

You wont be able to go over your usual number of minutes if the 1000 minutes or another minutes add-on Plan isn’t in place. Being prepaid you just get cut off if you run out of available minutes.

AE_Collector

@darlicious 

Probably so. I was just slightly “Oh sure...I switch down to the $15 plan and wind up staying there because of Covid-19 (No summer cabin time this year for us) And wind up getting 1Gb instead of 5Gb because of it”. But I had been meaning t buy 500 minutes of Canada calling for awhile now so 1000 minutes for free solves that. But ultimately seeing that I got 5Gb of data instead made me say “Thank You PM, I will spring for the 500 minutes for $5 on my dime”!

But my wife’s $15 plan would be far better to have the 5Gb data as sometimes she finishes the 30 days using zero minutes but doubles the 250Mb data usage. Sooo.. I just know whats going to happen...she will get the promised 1Gb & 1000 minutes. Will stop holding my breath now!

AE_Collector

@kdli 

It's only $5/500 min for the calling add on . Why not just purchase it?

@kdli 

When you look in your plan and add ons section do you see 5gb bonus add on data instead? Most people got this instead of the 1000 minutes and 1gb of data they thought they were getting. Value wise its better $75 vs $25 but may not suit your needs better. Contact the moderators or wait for an announcement  addressing this issue.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@kdli wrote:

Public Mobile sent me a text saying that I was being offered a one time bonus of 1000 Canada wide minutes free of charge.  I responded saying yes to the offer.  Another text from Public Mobile said that the offer was now in effect and that I could check the status by logging into my account.  I do not see where the 1000 bonus minutes are and don't want to go over my usual number of minutes.  Does anyone know where I would be able to check?  'Thanks for your help.

You should see a line under data & add-ons on the overview page of your self-serve saying something about 1000 minutes.

@kdli , have you checked your self serve account to see if the bonus minutes are there?  If you have and don't see them, you could contact the moderator team and have them follow up.  The moderator team can be reached via private message using smartforms which is initiated by clicking on the ? on the lower right corner of the webpage or try using this link. The guided process will facilitate documentation of the issue or concern and the required resolution which will be submitted to the moderator team. Refer to this announcement link for additional details on smartforms and the ticketing system for moderator team interactions. If use of smartform brings no joy, then use the following direct link to private message the moderator team. Refer to the following knowledge base article for additional information on the moderator team.

@AE_Collector 

I think given the deadline and the text telling you its been added that anyone else is being patient figuring theyll get it in the next couple of days.

kdli

Public Mobile sent me a text saying that I was being offered a one time bonus of 1000 Canada wide minutes free of charge.  I responded saying yes to the offer.  Another text from Public Mobile said that the offer was now in effect and that I could check the status by logging into my account.  I do not see where the 1000 bonus minutes are and don't want to go over my usual number of minutes.  Does anyone know where I would be able to check?  'Thanks for your help.

I haven't seen many “I didn’t get my bonus today” comments but I have been running around most of the day and not able to keep up with everything here. Do we think that they did them all today or just got a good start?

I mention this because both my $15 plans were offered the 1Gb & 1000 minutes bonus, both were responded to and both got the “Good Choice” reply. This morning I saw the first text and checked the account to see that I had received the 5Gb bonus instead of 1Gb & 1000 minutes which works for me. But the day has gone by and no second text and nothing added to the second account yet. Yes I know, they have until Aug 31. Just surprised I’m not seeing many many more “what happened to my bonus” comments on here today.

AE_Collector

@Anonymous 

You just have the Midas touch!

Anonymous
Not applicable

@darlicious wrote:

@Anonymous 

Apparently some can fall on their sword while loudly protesting they are not and still get their cake and eat it too......while others in their humbleness only get their humble pie.

But I didn't whine and complain and snivel about it. The magic just happened all on its own.

@Anonymous 

Apparently some can fall on their sword while loudly protesting they are not and still get their cake and eat it too......while others in their humbleness only get their humble pie.

@kevin9054 

Hmmm....a little too late to try now but many had success with texting YES to 5179 and theyve recieved the freebie.....but alas some like my bf tried everything including contacting the mods to no avail. The moderator confirmed not everybody got the offer....doesnt seem fair but there it is.....

baseelo

I'm on the $15/month 100mins/250mb plan and replied "Yes" to the offer of 1GB/1000mins of Canada-wide calling.

Like many others here I received 5GB bonus data.

Perhaps due to this error EVERYBODY should receive the 5GB AND the 1GB/1000mins.
🙂
Here's hoping!

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Korth wrote:

Only the most ill-mannered of folks complain about the gifts they were given vs the gifts they wanted.

Apparently, according to some folks, that's called falling on ones sword. Who knew. /s

Need Help? Let's chat.