cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

free one-time 5GB of data text.

jukos
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I manage my daughters account and she got a text from pm stating the subject line... is this ligit?

686 REPLIES 686

Looks as though that was the same suggestion back on February 6 as well. Assuming that contacting the moderators didn’t happen back then?

AE_Collector

@Ottawatech 

As long as you signed your mom up to a $25+ plan then she was eligible for the 5gb data bonus. Contact the moderators as instructed by @esjliv .

@Ottawatech wrote:

I signed my mom up awhile back now she never got the one time free 5GS but she did get that one month free 

anyway to get those 5gs ?

@Ottawatech are you sure the 5GB was not used up? Once it is used up it disappears from the account. Check the usage history to make sure if doesn't show all the data used.

If you know the 5GB was not used up and never received, yet your mom was eligible for 5GB promo, then contact the Moderators to inquire about this.

To contact the Public Mobile Moderator_Team, there are two ways to reach them:

1 -  Faster Method - Click the bubble comment circle on the bottom right hand side of your screen, or use this link to: Get Help With SIMon the Public Mobile chatbot

OR

2 – Slower Method - Use this link to:

Private Message to Public Mobile Moderators (PM Customer Service Representatives)

Ottawatech
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I signed my mom up awhile back now she never got the one time free 5GS but she did get that one month free 

anyway to get those 5gs ?

@Ottawatech wrote:

signed up last month or little before end of dec.. yes she got her second month free, but still no 5G's yet.. i know about the 30 days wait but still waiting 😞

@Ottawatech She will need to contact a moderator if the time has passed.

How to Open a Ticket / Contact Moderators

1. Click Chat Bubble and type "Open Ticket"

2. Click "Contact PM Support"

3. Select "Account Specific Question"

4. Click "No, I Need A Human Now"

5. Select the link "Click Here To Submit A Ticket"

6. This opens a new window. Log in with Community Account NOT your self serve. Follow prompts.

Ottawatech

signed up last month or little before end of dec.. yes she got her second month free, but still no 5G's yet.. i know about the 30 days wait but still waiting 😞

@Ottawatech wrote:

My mother didn't get her 5G's when i signed her up to public mobile.

Why has it worked yet?

@Ottawatech You would be better served starting your own thread as opposed to tacking on to page 68 of a thread.

As to your question, when did she activate? Did she get the second month free? If she met all terms and conditions of the offer, both rewards should be in the account within 30 business days.

Ottawatech

My mother didn't get her 5G's when i signed her up to public mobile.

Why has it worked yet?

Qh1264
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Any one time free data text sits on the account indefinitely until you use it all up.  It does not expires.

Plan minutes and plan data refresh every (30-day) plan cycle.

Add-on minutes and add-on data are one-time provisions which remain attached to the account (across plan cycles) until they're fully used up.

@gpixel wrote:

@geena any unused data, carries on every renewal

Know what you meant but “Any” can be interpreted as .. well ... ANY.

As @JoyLuck pointed out.. any of the 5Gb Data Add-on that isn’t used rolls over, not “any data rolls over”.

AE_Collector

ooops too late

@geena wrote:

Does the 5GB of data carry over month to month if you don't use all of it, or does it expire after one month? 

If it was the one time 5 GB “bonus” data it will carry over until consumed. Data included with your plans do not carry over.

@geena any unused data, carries on every renewal

geena

Does the 5GB of data carry over month to month if you don't use all of it, or does it expire after one month? 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@popping wrote:

@Riverman 

It would be nice if PM allows us to donate the unused add-ons to charity.

My mother's $10 50/50 plan has 7GB data add-on. lol

Or to shuffle around to other accounts. Or to "gift" to others as Naepalm suggested a while ago.

@JasonPhilippon wrote:

I recieved a text message about me getting a 1000 minutes and 5 gb of data for free. I was told to log in and i would be able to claim them but there nowhere to found

If you didn't also reply "YES" as the text directed you...you won't get the gift.

Log into your account and scroll down to My Data and Add-ons to see if the gift has been added to your account.

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Riverman 

It would be nice if PM allows us to donate the unused add-ons to charity.

My mother's $10 50/50 plan has 7GB data add-on. lol

@JasonPhilippon you should see them there by now look in the data and add ons section of the overview page. Stay safe. I didn't get them, but that's where they should be.

20200419_140531.jpg

JasonPhilippon

I recieved a text message about me getting a 1000 minutes and 5 gb of data for free. I was told to log in and i would be able to claim them but there nowhere to found

@Riverman it comes in handy if you ever decide to go down to the $15 plan. Stay safe. 

Riverman

Not sure why I'm offered Free 1000 CAN LD mins when my $25 plan already has unlimited canada wide calling.

jor123
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

It's nothing to do with one source of info being more "official" than the other, I did not see that post amongst the 66 pages in this thread and I just asked them about it as myself and a few others I know didn't get any texts along those lines. Absolutely nothing wrong with that. 

@computergeek541 

I was referring more to the countless little discounts and flash sales which PM shotgunned around, especially in the first couple Telus-operated years. These offers sometimes sustained far more attention on Eastern Canada. I can't recall any differences in base plan prices, though. (Ignoring all the differing provincial/territory tax rates which are beyond PM's domain.)

@Korth wrote:

Eastern provinces have received some certain deals and bonuses unavailable to Western provinces in past years. It seems likely to happen again, especially if they've been excluded from these free gifts.

Telus network is clearly dominant in BC and AB. Telus also has a fairly strong presence elsewhere (along Hwy 1 corridors and near large urban centers) but Bell still clearly dominates the other half of Canada. This coincidence might be meaningless, but I think it's probably a big factor in how PM choose to distribute this round of gifts. We know Telus and Bell have a network sharing agreement, we don't know how much their agreement might limit either side from imposing (costly) demands and obligations onto the other.

The regional offer thing is relatively new. Back in April when Public Mobile offered a regional plan in Quebec, that was the first time that Public Mobile had ever offered a regional plan. There has never been a regional offer by Public Mobile in any other eastern province.

Eastern provinces have received some certain deals and bonuses unavailable to Western provinces in past years. It seems likely to happen again, especially if they've been excluded from these free gifts.

Telus network is clearly dominant in BC and AB. Telus also has a fairly strong presence elsewhere (along Hwy 1 corridors and near large urban centers) but Bell still clearly dominates the other half of Canada. This coincidence might be meaningless, but I think it's probably a big factor in how PM choose to distribute this round of gifts. We know Telus and Bell have a network sharing agreement, we don't know how much their agreement might limit either side from imposing (costly) demands and obligations onto the other.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@computergeek541 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Yet we heard from a smattering of folks from elsewhere that they got it. Not widespread. But some (one?). We also know it wasn't everybody in BC/AB either. Myself included.

If someone in provinces other than AB or BC got it, I wouldn't say that too loudy because it wasn't suppsoed to happen. 

Well it wasn't me. And what the hey others in BC/AB also didn't get it. Either, either text, or gifts. Even though they ought to have. So for those that might have got anything beyond those criteria...well good for them.

We all know it was a shamozzle only to then have people complain.

@Anonymous wrote:

Yet we heard from a smattering of folks from elsewhere that they got it. Not widespread. But some (one?). We also know it wasn't everybody in BC/AB either. Myself included.

If someone in provinces other than AB or BC got it, I wouldn't say that too loudy because it wasn't suppsoed to happen. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Korth wrote:

@computergeek541 

Apparently statements from Oracles are not considered as "official" as statements from Mods.

I've noticed it several times before, on other threads about other things.

I think it's not even about the differences between Oracles and Mods as much as about public perception (or confusion) about what the titles and roles really mean.

Of course things that Oracles say aren't official statements, but Oracles are constantly in direct contact with Public Mobile marketing statff, sometimes on a daily basis.  When something comes up, Oracles sometimes ask the marketing statff about it.  It doesn't mean that something can't be misinterpreted, but I do know with absolute certainty based on officially provided information from Public Mobile that this promotion was only for Alberta and British Columbia. 

Need Help? Let's chat.