cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

free one-time 5GB of data text.

jukos
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I manage my daughters account and she got a text from pm stating the subject line... is this ligit?

686 REPLIES 686

Cynth
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I was offered a bonus 1GB via text claiming it was public mobile. How do I find out if it was legit?

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@Odgy wrote:

Thanks for your explanation.  As a newbie, it was quite confusing to get 2 great offers in a matter of a couple of weeks.  I'm certainly happy with my extra minutes and gigs!

@Odgy   You didn't have to be newbie to be confused by the free data/mins gifts, the roll out was kinda messed up by PM and confused many newbies/or not.  Also remember that because the gifts are an add-on they will only expire when they've been completely used up by you so, depending upon your usage, they may stay on your account for weeks, months or even years.

Odgy

Thanks for your explanation.  As a newbie, it was quite confusing to get 2 great offers in a matter of a couple of weeks.  I'm certainly happy with my extra minutes and gigs!

Lowufo
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

No you don’t get both. All of my accounts got 5Gb data and 1000 minutes. All are on $15 plan

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@Odgy wrote:

New user to PM.  Initial plan 100 minutes Can wide 250 MB data.  On Aug 15 message that I could get one time 1 GB  of data + 1000 Can wide minutes.  I agreed.  Then I get message from PM saying Tmr wea?? will be adding 1000 free one time Can wide mins to acct. making bonus 5 GB + 1000 mins.

So should I now be seeing 6 GB of data plus initial 250 and 2100 minutes of LD talk???

My acct says I have an additional 5GB os bonus data plus 1000 LD calling but doesn't show the 1000 minutes offered Aug 21st along with 1 GB data....

Anyone able to offer explanation please?  thanks 

Anyone able to help please

@Odgy   As mentioned by @BeachNBeer  the total free bonus offer for everyone who received the text, is for 5GB and 1000 mins.  You won't be getting 6GB. 

BeachNBeer
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

I think that is the max you will get. The first offer was certain people in certain provinces on certain plans get 1 gig + 1000 minutes and others get 5 gigs.

With all the screw ups PM had. Some getting wrong offer applied etc. I believe PM decided to give everyone in that offer 5 gigs and 1000 minutes instead of trying to fix accounts one by one.

I don't think you'd be entitled to both.

Jennifer33

I also have the $15 plan...I had the exact same messages and I only have five gigs now and 1000 minutes so I’m kind of in the same boat as you I think that they meant that We would only get five gigs altogether and 1000 minutes I think that’s just a bonus that they’re giving to everyone at this point

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

Depending on the plan you have then you would be eligible for one of the rewards.  I don't think you would get both.

Odgy

New user to PM.  Initial plan 100 minutes Can wide 250 MB data.  On Aug 15 message that I could get one time 1 GB  of data + 1000 Can wide minutes.  I agreed.  Then I get message from PM saying Tmr wea?? will be adding 1000 free one time Can wide mins to acct. making bonus 5 GB + 1000 mins.

So should I now be seeing 6 GB of data plus initial 250 and 2100 minutes of LD talk???

My acct says I have an additional 5GB os bonus data plus 1000 LD calling but doesn't show the 1000 minutes offered Aug 21st along with 1 GB data....

Anyone able to offer explanation please?  thanks 

Anyone able to help please

@Korth 

Agreed. Maybe some on $25/1Gb plans where 1Gb is always more than enough. But generally not too many will do that.

AE_Collector

@AE_Collector wrote:

Interesting that indeed the 1000 minutes WILL show up on the unlimited accounts. Makes sense I guess as in the future you may step down the the $15 account where they would be of use.

I think most people with Unlimited Talk plans actually chose them for the greater Data increments. Not many would ever use much Unlimited Talk, Limited Talk intermittently beefed up with a $5 add-on (and Unlimited Incoming calls) would probably be adequate.

So I think it unlikely many people will downgrade their plans and rely on their new add-ons for a cycle or two. A few will, the majority won't. Data is too precious to them, they already chose to buy a certain balance on price-vs-data, and that perceived bang-for-the-buck value of that balance isn't changed by the gifts.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@AE_Collector wrote:

@Anonymous 

Interesting that this latest change added the remaining account for you as well as bumping the other.

My second (wife’s) $15 account still has nothing (though received offer, replied and confirmed) but I have now received the request to validate from a moderator concerning it.

@AE_Collector 

All 3 got something the first round. Whether appropriate or not 🙂 All 3 got the second round.

With my comments about complaining, I would say that if you got the text, replied to it, got the confirmation - then got nothing...then that would in my opinion warrant the request.

In my case, one account didn't get the first text. Oh well. It got the first round anyway. Another account was suspended but got the text and inappropriate first round anyway. Oh well. Win some lose some. But in your case, I would ask.

Interesting that indeed the 1000 minutes WILL show up on the unlimited accounts. Makes sense I guess as in the future you may step down the the $15 account where they would be of use.

AE_Collector

Gonzo
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

This morning my unlimited account has the 1000 minutes added, in addition to the 5GB already added. My $15 account has the 5GB and 1000minutes as of this morning, too. Both accounts had received the SMS offer (and been accepted).

Jennifer33

it came on my account this morning... maybe check it again

@Anonymous 

Interesting that this latest change added the remaining account for you as well as bumping the other.

I too now have 1000 minutes this morning as well as the 5Gb that was added Friday to my $15 account.

My second (wife’s) $15 account still has nothing (though received offer, replied and confirmed) but I have now received the request to validate from a moderator concerning it.

AE_Collector

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have it all now 🙂

All 3 accounts on $10 plan.

"Main" account - got text, replied, got confirmation, got 1gb/1000 minutes, got text, got 4gb

"Data" account - no text, replied anyway, no confirmation, got 1gb/1000 minutes, got text, got 4gb

"Dormant" account - was suspended, got text, replied, got confirmation, reactivated, got 5gb, got text, got 1000 minutes

Thank you Public Mobile!

@Zeinaq2018 you had to reply by the 24th of August. If all the conditions were met then contact the moderators and ask them to look into it for you. There are 2 ways to contact the Moderator Team:

• Faster response- Get help with your account the easy way by starting a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon. It’ll take you to relevant help articles, or if it’s something more urgent, it can help you submit a ticket to the Moderator Team. Click here to get started.
  • Slower- Alternatively, you can send a private message to the Moderators by clicking here. You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work.

Once connected to Simon, you will be asked to log in again with your community user name and password.  Please do, this allows you to continue and send your message.
- Check your private message sent box (click on the envelope top right of your screen) to make sure the message was sent.

- Keep an eye on the envelope top right of your screen.  The mods answer will show up there.  When it does, you will be asked to verify your self service account, with your password and login. Doing so allows the process to continue. Stay safe

Here’s when and how to contact the Moderator Team:

• Get help with your account the easy way by starting a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon. It’ll take you to relevant help articles, or if it’s something more urgent, it can help you submit a ticket to the Moderator Team. Click here to get started.
  • Alternatively, you can send a private message to the Moderators by clicking here. You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work.

Zeinaq2018

I got a text message saying I will get 5GB data bonus added to my account and I replied YES.but until now nothing was added to my account 

I never received a text offer but on a lark, after reading about the offer here, I texted Yes to 5179. I never received a confirmation but I did receive both the 5GB and the 1000 mins. Kicking myself now for not doing the same on my other phone.

4star60
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

People please don't get greedy.  Perhaps next time you will get an offer and I won't.  Certainly has happened to me many times in my 72 years.  I do not dwell on it.

For example I was in Systems work also and pretty well a genious (at times anyway)and I don't have the home or investments that Bill and Melinda Gates have.  That's life!!  🙂

@darlicious 

PM evidently applies some sort of private criteria to determine who is worthy and who is unworthy. It could be anything. Payment history, usage profile, statistical demographic, geographic assignment, phone model, random lottery, whatever.

You've received these gift offers yet your boyfriend hasn't. So perhaps if he wishes to receive gift offers from PM in the future he should simply try to be more like you?

@darlicious 

weird.... 

AE_Collector

@AE_Collector wrote:

@darlicious wrote:

@AE_Collector 

My bf is feeling pretty bummed right now despite trying everything to get the offer he's still denied. We even unsuspended his account after only one week to get the offer when he was quite happily using my spare account. It makes no sense to respond to a regional competitors offer and then leave a select few high and dry. That could make some want to switch for being left out.

So how did the conversation go? Just “you aren't eligible” but no disclosure why? He received no initial text offer, did the YES reply to 5179 anyway and got no Confirmation?

AE_Collector

@AE_Collector 

I asked if there was anything he should do other than texting YES, START, UNSTOP, HELP, SUBSCRIBE to 5179 to get the offer.

The moderator replied:

Regarding promotions, the system is sending the notifications for the promotions to the customers and the customers redeem them via SMS usually. If you get a text message with a promo, you are eligible for it.

Which I replied:

So just to clarify the SMS text offer was not sent to every customer in BC and Alberta just most of them. As long as you got a reply to YES then you are eligible. If not you're just unlucky......lol.

The moderator answered:

That's exactly right!

I also had the moderator confirm the bf does have his text notifications for promotions on so if he was going to get the offer he should have done so....

@darlicious wrote:

@AE_Collector 

My bf is feeling pretty bummed right now despite trying everything to get the offer he's still denied. We even unsuspended his account after only one week to get the offer when he was quite happily using my spare account. It makes no sense to respond to a regional competitors offer and then leave a select few high and dry. That could make some want to switch for being left out.

So how did the conversation go? Just “you aren't eligible” but no disclosure why? He received no initial text offer, did the YES reply to 5179 anyway and got no Confirmation?

AE_Collector

brettster99
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@darlicious 

It would definitely make me feel they don’t care about my business. And make me start looking for other options. 

It’s a shame. Public mobile needs to do better. Let everyone at least in those provinces have it automatically applied to accounts because of this failure of mass proportions.

@AE_Collector 

Rosguru
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

My Public Mobile said the free 1000 mins will be added on Sept 2.  Perhaps yours will be too?

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@Jb456and @brettster99   It wouldn't surprise me if PM made some sort of gesture towards everyone at this point, on the whole the roll out of this has been bit of mess, not that I'm complaining about my free gifts.  😁

Need Help? Let's chat.