cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

free one-time 5GB of data text.

jukos
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I manage my daughters account and she got a text from pm stating the subject line... is this ligit?

686 REPLIES 686

@rufus78    If you bonus offer didn't get added to the account, do as suggested and contact the moderators and they will manually apply it for you.  I had to do that for one of my accounts even though it received the text offer.

So based on what I'm getting here the limited minute eligible  accounts are getting 1000 minutes and 5 gigs. And the other eligible accounts 5 gigs? Thanks.

dabr
Mayor / Maire

Just to add more information here, apparently anyone who received 1GB+1000 mins will also be getting another 4GB.  Just got the text.  

Too bad that it's for the account the isn't active all year round and one active account has received nothing.  But I'm happy that two accounts got the bonus.

Thank you PM 😁

@SomeFriend  thanks friend for the link and info. Good to know👍

SomeFriend
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Jb456 It’s in that massive thread about it...  since every thread that mentioned about it got merged to there.  Here’s a link to roughly where it starts discussing about it: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Plans-Add-Ons/free-one-time-5GB-of-data-text/td-p/582...

It’s also from my personal experience!  I got the 5GB addon and earlier today, I got a text from Public Mobile saying that I’m getting a 1000 minute addon that will be applied tomorrow!

SomeFriend

By Public Mobile’s error, I heard that most, if not all, got the 5GB addon only.  They’re making it up to people by letting people keep that 5GB addon and also give out 1000 minutes to everyone eligible as well!

There shouldn’t be different bonuses anymore.  Everyone should end up with 5GB and 1000 minutes by tomorrow.

@SomeFriendgot any link from PM or anything that says this? 5gig and 1000 min? 🤔

haven't been on today so to lazy to read old posts 🤣

@popping  great point!!

@rufus78  it was either 1gig and 1000 minutes or 5gig. As @@popping  mentioned. Did you by chance get 5gigs?

SomeFriend

Everyone got the 5GB one time addon instead (for those eligible in BC & AB and replied “YES”) so they are making it up and offering an additional 1000 nationwide minutes, which will be applied on September 2 (tomorrow) instead.

The bonus suddenly got better!  Everyone eligible now gets 5GB and 1000 minutes, all free of charge!

@rufus78 as long as all the requirements were met. C9ntact the moderators and ask them to look into it for you. There are 2 ways to contact the Moderator Team:

• Faster response- Get help with your account the easy way by starting a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon. It’ll take you to relevant help articles, or if it’s something more urgent, it can help you submit a ticket to the Moderator Team. Click here to get started.
  • Slower- Alternatively, you can send a private message to the Moderators by clicking here. You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work.

Once connected to Simon, you will be asked to log in again with your community user name and password.  Please do, this allows you to continue and send your message.
- Check your private message sent box (click on the envelope top right of your screen) to make sure the message was sent.

- Keep an eye on the envelope top right of your screen.  The mods answer will show up there.  When it does, you will be asked to verify your self service account, with your password and login. Doing so allows the process to continue. Stay safe. 

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@rufus78 wrote:

Hi,

I opted in for the 1000 minute free add-on. However, it did not show up in my account. 

Does anybody have the same issue?

Thanks!

Rufus

The PM offers are 1GB + 1000 minutes OR 5GB data.

How much data did you received?  1GB? or 5GB?

Edit:

@SomeFriend is reporting that PM is giving everyone with 5GB data + 1000 minutes now instead of the original offer.  

So you received the text and you replied back to the text. Did you get a confirmation text back?

In your account scroll down to my data and add-ons it would appear in that section. If it's not showing contact the moderators to look into it for you.

1-

Simon.JPG

2- or via private message at link below.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

rufus78
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi,

I opted in for the 1000 minute free add-on. However, it did not show up in my account. 

Does anybody have the same issue?

Thanks!

Rufus

SomeFriend

@BrentKilboy might as well downgrade to the $15 plan!  Plenty of data addons and minutes to use, it should be enough!  That is, unless you make an ungodly amount of outgoing calls...  (incoming is free and, unofficially, outgoing calls to toll free #)

I upgraded to the $25 plan because I would keep going over the data allowance by quite a bit, but I guess I’ll downgrade back to the $15 to save money and to use up all the free loot Public Mobile’s been throwing at us!

Can we please also get unlimited throttled data (128kbps is fine for messaging apps and Spotify!) after hitting data allowances soon?  🙂

BrentKilboy

Ya, it does make a good case for downgrading to the $15 plan until I burn through all the freebies. We'll see if the 1000 minutes shows up on my account at all since I have unlimited now on the $25 plan. If it does show, then I'll drop to the $15 for sure.

@darlicious wrote:

... talk 1100+ minutes a month.

100 plan minutes a month. The 1000 add-on minutes are attached indefinitely, month after month, until they all get used up, but they don't renew (they don't start at 1000 again) when plan renews.

Although $15 plan does have Unlimited incoming calls -and Unlimited texts (plus Unlimited text attachments) - which don't count towards the Limited minutes.

All my buddies / referrals are getting this text as well and most are on $25 plan. So no need for the 1000 minutes. It will be interesting to see if they actually get added to their account or not as if they were to switch down to the $15 plan they may be able to make use of them. 

Never a dull moment around here!

AE_Collector

@Jennifer33 the carry over and don't expire until they are used up.  Stay safe. 

Jennifer33
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I got free one time data and minutes will that carry over to next month or when my due date is up then they go away too?

@BrentKilboy 

If you barely use 300mb of data every month even without the freebies I would suggest you downgrade to the $15 plan as @Korth mentioned and then just purchased add ons as needed to supplement the $15 plan. With the freebies just schedule the change on the next renewal and save yourself $10 per month ($120 p/yr.) You're paying for services you don't use unless you talk 1100+ minutes a month.

@elodiemar wrote:

... finally a provider who cares. Why would I even look at other carriers ?

You'd be happy with what you already have, so you wouldn't start checking out the other carriers.

You wouldn't see Freedom (and Shaw) advertising deals which look even better and cheaper than Public (assuming you use the online promo codes, etc).

If you do the math across the long term then staying with Public pulls ahead and saves you more. And PM is fairly awesome anyhow. Even without gifts!

But if you're more impulsive and mercenary then you'll grab the first best thing you see for that short term payoff - you'll want the LTE and 5G speeds they advertise, you'll shop through their "$0" phone deals. So the 5GB bribe might be enough to keep your interest "stuck" with PM until the threatening competitor promos have fallen off the market.

ecowen

It's not nonsensical at all.  I have a $15.00 per month plan with limited minutes.  This is a fabulous bonus  for me.  Thank you again, Public. I would not consider changing providers.  These gifts make my plan worth much more than the $15.00 I pay.

elodiemar

Excellent, finally a provider who cares. Why would I even look at other carriers ? Thanks PM.

@BrentKilboy wrote:

But everyone that got the 5 GB already has unlimited minutes? Why bother sending minutes to people that have unlimited?

It does seem nonsensical. It might even encourage people with $25 Unlimited plans to renew with $15 Limited plans until those free minutes all get used up.

I'm guessing it's intended to be psychologically placating. Otherwise, there'll be the usual lot of angered customers (with angry and visible internet rantings) complaining because they see other customers getting better gifts than they were given. It's a gift, meant to make people happy with PM, to encourage positive feedback and loyalty and word-of-mouth ... not to make PM look bad on the search engines.

The message content ("Public Mobile: Tmr wea??ll be adding 1000 free one-time Canada-wide minutes to your account, making your total bonus 5GB + 1000 mins. See in Self-Serve Sep 2.") lacks the usual PM cheerfulness (and spellcheck), it seems terse and somehow rushed. I guess they're stressing out over something, lol.

@gpixel Got the same message today. Very nice! @gblackma  I am in BC.

Gonzo

@BrentKilboy Excellent back-up for emergencies! 🙂

BrentKilboy

I'm starting to rack up a bunch of these one time offers now, I'll probably never use them all, I usually only hit about 300 mb of usage each month 🙂

Data & Add-OnsAmount Used
$0 Free Holiday Giveaway: 1GB Add-on
0  /  1024 MB
$0 Free Holiday Giveaway: 400min INTL Long Distance (incl CA & US)
13  /  400 MIN
1GB Promo
0  /  1024 MB
500MB + 500MB at 3G Speed
284.158  /  1024 MB
5GB one-time data bonus
0  /  5120 MB

@gpixel are you in Alberta or BC? Thanks. 

@kb_mv im gonna ask if I can get data instead because I'm always on unlimited mins plan

@gblackma BC

Bethn

Fantastic! Although I was curious if I was about to end up with 2000 minutes and 10GB of data, that would be a riot!  😂

Nothing to complain about here. I'm beyond happy with my switch to PM and at this rate I'm reccomending it to everyone I come across. 

Need Help? Let's chat.