cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

free one-time 5GB of data text.

jukos
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I manage my daughters account and she got a text from pm stating the subject line... is this ligit?

686 REPLIES 686

@cherchoi  @BrentKilboy 

Have either of you checked your accounts to see if anything changed?

@RosieR 

This is a little suspicious as all freebies were to be distributed by August 31st.

@BrentKilboy wrote:

So I thought the 5 GB was already only for the people that had unlimited minutes, cause the people with minutes got the 1 GB plus 1000 min right? But now I got this text just now (Alberta)

"Public Mobile: Tmr wea??ll be adding 1000 free one-time Canada-wide minutes to your account, making your total bonus 5GB + 1000 mins. See in Self-Serve Sep 2."

Which is weird because I already have unlimited minutes and I already claimed the 5 GB. plus the text being broken with ?? in it. Strange.

Hi @BrentKilboy it's all good.  PM is being nice to their users in the west.  It's a gift.  Congrats!  😊

cherchoi
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I received the same msg and am in the same situation as you.  My cell also tagged this as Potential Fraud. I've sent a msg to a moderator to get more information about this. So we'll see what they say. 

@BrentKilboy wow. Congrats. Go play  the Lotto Max. Stay safe. 

Gonzo
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

New add-on to the promo add-on? I just received this text. Spell-check apparently wasn’t working... 

A3CBB326-E713-4174-B796-C1459C0DF272.jpeg

BrentKilboy
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

So I thought the 5 GB was already only for the people that had unlimited minutes, cause the people with minutes got the 1 GB plus 1000 min right? But now I got this text just now (Alberta)

"Public Mobile: Tmr wea??ll be adding 1000 free one-time Canada-wide minutes to your account, making your total bonus 5GB + 1000 mins. See in Self-Serve Sep 2."

Which is weird because I already have unlimited minutes and I already claimed the 5 GB. plus the text being broken with ?? in it. Strange.

dude65

@manebule .....This was a regional offer,some people in BC got this offer. PM from time to time have offers. Its a good idea to come here to the community as there will be talk about any offers that PM has.

I too was hoping for a free 5Gb a month to add to the 1/4 Gb I now get on the $15 plan. Am I about to be disappointed?

AE_Collector

Here is a sighting of the elusive question mark. It comes and goes on my ipad as well.

One can always use messaging to message “Moderator_Team”. I tried the question mark this morning to start to work on my 5Gb reward that never showed up but after getting locked into a loop of never ending frustration I abandoned that attempt and returned to messaging Moderator_Team. It has always worked for me.

AE_Collector

D062D9E2-BCF1-4720-BEB8-46328E50DE9E.png

Zanzara

Thanks for confirming!

Danchvn

@manebule You learn something new everyday. Just assumed the question mark shows up for everyone. I'll have to keep that in mind when responding to people. Thanks for pointing it out.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Zanzara wrote:

So, does this one-time 5GB bonus mean that once I use up the 5GB it's gone?  I don't have 5GB a month going forward?

@Zanzara 

That's precisely what "one-time" means.

Zanzara

So, does this one-time 5GB bonus mean that once I use up the 5GB it's gone?  I don't have 5GB a month going forward?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@gblackma : wrong tag?

@manebule 

I know. I rarely ever see it either. The question or Get Help get to the same chatbot. I hate suggesting to people to use it because of the frustration. But we're not supposed to direct people to use private messaging. But hopefully it'll work for you. I would also say good luck to getting the promo. But who knows.

@manebule...for future reference, would you be kind enuff to let us know if the moderators were willing to give you the promo ?  Thanks and good luck.

manebule

@gblackma wrote:

@Anonymous send a private message to the Moderators by clicking here. You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work.

- Check your private message sent box (click on the envelope top right of your screen) to make sure the message was sent.

- Keep an eye on the envelope top right of your screen.  The mods answer will show up there.  When it does, you will be asked to verify your self service account, with your password and login. Doing so allows the process to continue. Stay safe. 

Triguy included a link to message the mods directly. I accepted that as the "solution" since it actually moved me forward (still can't find the ? in the lower right...).

@manebule  send a private message to the Moderators by clicking here. You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work.

- Check your private message sent box (click on the envelope top right of your screen) to make sure the message was sent.

- Keep an eye on the envelope top right of your screen.  The mods answer will show up there.  When it does, you will be asked to verify your self service account, with your password and login. Doing so allows the process to continue. Stay safe. 

manebule

I started with the chatbot and got /very/ frustrated!

Anonymous
Not applicable

@manebule wrote:

Wish I could find that fabled ? in the lower right-hand corner. It's been mentioned to me before, but I've never seen it (using firefox in linux)... 😞

Click Get Help up top and find the chatbot and go from there.

manebule

Wish I could find that fabled ? in the lower right-hand corner. It's been mentioned to me before, but I've never seen it (using firefox in linux)... 😞

@manebule wrote:

Hi, my phone was in for repair last week. When I picked it up there was a text from Public offering 1GB of free data and 1000 minutes of talk. Unfortunately, the deadline was the day before my phone was fixed... I tried replying YES, but it doesn't seem to have worked. 😞 Is there any way to receive this offer again? I'd really like to take advantage of it! Thanks.

As you know, you missed this one...but there could be other promo's to take advantage of later on. Sorry !

You could try contacting a moderator.  No guarantee but there would no harm trying.

Here’s when and how to contact the Moderator Team:

• Get help with your account the easy way by starting a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon. It’ll take you to relevant help articles, or if it’s something more urgent, it can help you submit a ticket to the Moderator Team. Click here to get started.
  • Alternatively, you can send a private message to the Moderators by clicking here. You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work.

Danchvn

@manebule It's possible you missed it but you could try contacting the moderators and stating your case by clicking on the ? in the lower right and raising a ticket.

@manebule Unfortunately no. If you wait long enough though, there will be others.

manebule

Hi, my phone was in for repair last week. When I picked it up there was a text from Public offering 1GB of free data and 1000 minutes of talk. Unfortunately, the deadline was the day before my phone was fixed... I tried replying YES, but it doesn't seem to have worked. 😞 Is there any way to receive this offer again? I'd really like to take advantage of it! Thanks.

@Punya the deadline to receive it was August 24. It was limited to the BC and Alberta area. And you had to be sent a text message from PM 5179. Stay safe. 

@Punya 

Did you recieve a text telling you its been added to your account? Check your overview page in your account. There have been a few who responded , recieved a confirmation text but have not had it added. If that is the case with you contact the moderators tomorrow.

Punya

Hey everyone,

I am wondering about 5gb data add-on promo for existing PM customer flashed to the floor. I may be wrong though.

Would appreciate any inputs!

Thanks in advance.

Best,

@popping 

Well, typically I dont panic over these things. I’m just curious more than anything if it is just a one off that one of my accounts was missed or if there are many out there still eagerly watching their accounts for it to arrive. I will give them until midnight eastern tonight at least.

I think I know what is likely going to happen though, I’ll enquire and the 1Gb & 1000 minutes will be credited to the account that got nothing where as my other account and many other people automatically received the Larger 5Gb add-on. And it is going to wind up exactly opposite What would have worked best for me with the 5Gb on the account that could have used the 1000 minutes and the 1Gb put on the account that could have used the 5Gb. Nothing ever seems to go in my favour but yes I know, they are free gifts.

AE_Collector 

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@AE_Collector 

Why wait?  It is after 8 pm ET.  Unless they have someone working after office hour, you will not get any free add-ons until tomorrow.  If you create a ticket now, you may get a moderator late tonight or tomorrow morning.

Need Help? Let's chat.