cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

free one-time 5GB of data text.

jukos
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I manage my daughters account and she got a text from pm stating the subject line... is this ligit?

686 REPLIES 686

Daps
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@AE_Collector  Enjoy your gifts!  I am sure you will receive them both, one way or another.

AE_Collector
Mayor / Maire

I know, deadline to see the latest Free Gift from PM isn’t quite here but only 5 hours away now so I’m assuming they have finished adding it to everyone’s accounts...except for 1 of my 2 accounts.

Each of my two accounts received the offer, each were replied to, each received the “Good Choice” reply stating the Gift would be in our accounts by the end of today August 31. On Friday August 28 one of my accounts received the “Added to your account” text message and a check of the account shows it is there. The other account....crickets.

So yes I will in time contact the moderators and see whats up but with this topic I am wondering if there are more of us who were offered the gift, accepted, received reply and nothing since?

AE_Collector

stellarjay79
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I got it as well, its not a scam. The one time add on now shows up on my account page. 

lmeilleur
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello,

In your account look for this listings of data and add-ons.  Here is an example of a user, their data or add-ons including gifts from Public Mobile and the usage.

• My Data & Add-Ons
    If a feature is not listed below, it may have been fully consumed and no longer available for use.
    Data & Add-Ons Amount Used
    $0 Free Holiday Giveaway: 1GB Add-on
    0  /  1024 MB
    $0 Free Holiday Giveaway: 400min INTL Long Distance (incl CA & US)
    4  /  400 MIN
    1.5GB at 3G Speed /90 Days
    403.383  /  1536 MB
    1GB Promo
    491.795  /  1024 MB
    1GB Welcome Referral Add-On
    777.308  /  1082.399 MB
    5GB one-time data bonus
    0  /  5120 MB

This is the perfect time to say “Welcome to Public Mobile”! Things never go as expected around here. I am hoping they haven't finished putting rewards into accounts yet as our household is only 50% there.

Love the free gifts here at PM and maybe this was a test of the best way to give things away since it was done differently than last time which was different from the time before. To me it looks as though offering up “Two Gift Packages to choose from” with a respond 1 for 1Gb/1000 minutes or respond 5 for 5Gb data add-on right at the original text message would have been a great way to handle it since everyone’s needs and wants are different.

AE_Collector

carlaspapa
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

My friend replied yes to the offer even though he didn't get the message but he didn't get anything. How many other people I didn't get an offer or or a freebie? And I got 5 gb of data even though I thought I was getting 1000 minutes and one gb of data. What's up with that?

shorty1

if you receive confirmation you should be good or if you can see its on your account when you log in you should be good

@JudyW999 Check your self-service. You will have these new gifts listed there under your account before Sep 1. Also, you would receive SMS that these bonuses were applied to you.

Here is what my list looks like on the $15 plan with the New 5Gb at the bottom. I haven't heard the scenario You have yet. Is there only one PM plan in your household? IE: the “added: message isn’t for a different phone? I have two plans, both got the offer and were accepted. One has received the added notification and is there, the other phone hasn’t had either of those happen yet. I would give it until after Aug 31 and see if it corrects itself.

AE_Collector

75B7024F-0B71-4D4F-A977-381ED2341475.jpeg

@JudyW999 wrote:

I opted in for this and received a text saying I will get a confirmation SMS when it's on my account and I need to login toy self service account my August 31, 2020.

I don't see anything saying I need to confirm, I see that I have the 5G of data not sure if there is something else I need to do..

In your account is good!!

Here is the text saying it was done. Did you not receive?

Screen Shot 2020-08-30 at 9.58.28 AM.png

BeachNBeer

In your account scroll down to My Data and Add-on section. Do you see the 5 gig there? If yes, it's on your account and active and you don't have to do anything else 🙂

shep22

@JudyW999 wrote:

I opted in for this and received a text saying I will get a confirmation SMS when it's on my account and I need to login toy self service account my August 31, 2020.

I don't see anything saying I need to confirm, I see that I have the 5G of data not sure if there is something else I need to do..

@JudyW999 hi no you should be all set have a great day 

@JudyW999 wrote:

Nothing more to do but enjoy your free gift data.

JudyW999

Brenda59

Not showing on my account. Only a notification of it being added. 

Brenda59

I received a notification saying it was added and activated on my account. Yet on the overview page/ my account, it isnt showing? 

Brenda59

Thank you ! 😃

Brenda59

My account is active, due date for next purchase is Sept 2. But I’m not seeing that the 5G free add on , on my account page. Notification said it was applied to my account already. 

Brenda59

Notification said it was applied to my account, yet I’m not seeing any where ? 

@Brenda59 

You still have to keep your account active by paying for it every 30 days if that is what you mean.

Did the 5Gb show up in your account and then vanish? Or has it not yet shown up in your account even though you received and accepted the offer?

AE_Collector

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Brenda59 wrote:

Why does my free one time 5G data which was applied to my account, not showing up on my account page? 
Do I still need to purchase my $50 voucher plan? How does this work? 
Please help, confused as hell... 😶

The free 5GB data is add-on.  You need an active plan before you can use the add-on.

You don't need to get a $50 plan to use it. You can change plan to $15 plan on your next renewal.

@Brenda59  yes you still have to pay for your 30 day plan every 30 days.

The offer is an add-on. To use add-ons you need an active service per 30 days.

Log into your account and scroll down to the "My Data and add-on section" do you see it there? How do you know it was credited? 

@Brenda59  The 5 gigs is an addon check there on the overview page.  And yes, your plan has nothing to do with the data add on. You have to pay and keep it active in order to make/receive/send calls and texts and surf the internet. Stay safe.

Brenda59

Why does my free one time 5G data which was applied to my account, not showing up on my account page? 
Do I still need to purchase my $50 voucher plan? How does this work? 
Please help, confused as hell... 😶

BeachNBeer

@rideaway correct. It will continue to rollover until all used up.

rideaway

Does the 5 gig roll over until it's all used up?

@pmw they are. The 1000 and 1gig for the limited minute plans and the 5 gigs for the unlimited ones. Stay safe 

pmw

i think 5gb of data and 1gb&1000 minutes are two different gifts, i hope

pmw

according the message i received, you will see it in self-service after your next pay

Anonymous
Not applicable

@BeachNBeer wrote:

One this thread (member another username) received the text regarding the 1000min / 1gig) and the system applied the 5gig.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Plans-Add-Ons/free-one-time-5GB-of-data-text/td-p/582...

Check your account as @Dunkman @Anonymous mention. You will still have to contact moderators to get it sorted.

I don't really think the customer or the company have to do anything. If a customer receives a gift, is it reasonable to say no I want that gift not this gift.

If we find out the OP did get the 5gb then it would be my opinion that that's that.

One of my 3 accounts was barely eligible for any gift, the gift was said to be 1gb/1000 minutes. It got 5gb.

Need Help? Let's chat.