cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

Re: free one-time 5GB of data text.

@z10user4 why does the the 500 Canada wide add on have 510/ 989 min. You would think if its 2 it would be 1000.

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

@gblackma wrote:

@z10user4 why does the the 500 Canada wide add on have 510/ 989 min. You would think if its 2 it would be 1000.

I bought one. Used it a bit. Then it looked like maybe it was being removed so I bought another. False alarm. When that happens the total gets reset to the new and remaining...thus 989. I guess I had used 11 minutes of the first one.

Highlighted
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

I never got the original text from 5179 about the 5GB offer. (I'm in SK on $15 plan) But reading this thead I sent a "YES" text to 5179 on Friday (Aug 21) and never got a reply.

Well, today, a few minutes ago I just got a text from 611 "Public Mobile Here. Congrats. Your bonus one-time add-on has been applied. Check your self Serve account for details".

And indeed it's there in self serve!

5GB one-time data bonus
0  /  5120 MB

Pretty sweet! Although I never got my wife to do it on hers... but not a big deal, she barely ever even uses data...

So either it was supposed to go out to everyone, or they had a criteria and just don't cross reference responses agains who they actually sent it to...

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

@Nezgar 

And if you were offered the gift you were supposed to get only 1Gb plus 1000 Canada minutes if on the $10 or $15 plans. There IS more I want to say but lets say I am lying Low for the moment.....

<edit> @CalgaryBen is (More than) eluding to what I’m lying low about ....

AE_Collector

Highlighted
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I have four accounts and all were offered 1GB data 1000 minutes but all four received 5GB of data instead and no minutes of air time. None of us really use the data as we find it too slow so the first offer of 1GB and 1000 minutes would have been a better gift.

Highlighted
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

No way. 

Screenshot_20200828-134137_Chrome.jpg

HAHAHA. How did I claim this. 

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

@Lowufo 

Too bad there isn’t a trading desk / bartering system here! Could be fun!

AE_Collector

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

@AE_Collector wrote:

@Lowufo 

Too bad there isn’t a trading desk / bartering system here! Could be fun!

AE_Collector

It will be nice for the old senior subscribers using a flip phone to trade the data add-on for minutes add-on.  They have 2x 1GB from 2019 and 1x 1GB from2020.  It may not stop here...

It would be nice to transfer the trapped data add-ons to the family members account.

Highlighted

@Lowufo wrote:

None of us really use the data as we find it too slow so the first offer of 1GB and 1000 minutes would have been a better gift.

Use Google Hangouts for outgoing calls, and if you've verified your phone number, it'll show up as your calling number, but consume your data!  I don't find the data too slow, and it's definitely more than adequate for voice.

Highlighted

Interesting... got the 5GB bonus on my own line ($25/30d) as expected, but also the 5GB bonus on my two $10 lines (both were offered 1000min/1GB), and 5GB on my $15 line (also offered 1000min/1GB).

I wonder if PM will correct this, or just leave it be!  My kids will be happy with the extra data, if it sticks.  I don't think they care much about the 1000min.  I'm happy either way!  Thanks PM!

Need Help? Let's chat.