cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

free one-time 5GB of data text.

jukos
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I manage my daughters account and she got a text from pm stating the subject line... is this ligit?

686 REPLIES 686

gwhitema

No way. 

Screenshot_20200828-134137_Chrome.jpg

HAHAHA. How did I claim this. 

Lowufo
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I have four accounts and all were offered 1GB data 1000 minutes but all four received 5GB of data instead and no minutes of air time. None of us really use the data as we find it too slow so the first offer of 1GB and 1000 minutes would have been a better gift.

gwhitema

Screenshot_20200828-133845_Messages.jpg

Is this the message users are getting when they claim the one time bonus ? I just got this message. I have no idea what for. Im not even in AB/BC

CalgaryBen
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Interesting... got the 5GB bonus on my own line ($25/30d) as expected, but also the 5GB bonus on my two $10 lines (both were offered 1000min/1GB), and 5GB on my $15 line (also offered 1000min/1GB).

I wonder if PM will correct this, or just leave it be!  My kids will be happy with the extra data, if it sticks.  I don't think they care much about the 1000min.  I'm happy either way!  Thanks PM!

@Nezgar 

And if you were offered the gift you were supposed to get only 1Gb plus 1000 Canada minutes if on the $10 or $15 plans. There IS more I want to say but lets say I am lying Low for the moment.....

<edit> @CalgaryBen is (More than) eluding to what I’m lying low about ....

AE_Collector

@Anonymous 

Interesting the 200 Mb Data you purchased has exactly 1024 (1Gb) added to it that they gave you at some point. Strange these two got merged together, maybe they had the exact same name/title causing them to merge.

AE_Collector

I never got the original text from 5179 about the 5GB offer. (I'm in SK on $15 plan) But reading this thead I sent a "YES" text to 5179 on Friday (Aug 21) and never got a reply.

Well, today, a few minutes ago I just got a text from 611 "Public Mobile Here. Congrats. Your bonus one-time add-on has been applied. Check your self Serve account for details".

And indeed it's there in self serve!

5GB one-time data bonus
0  /  5120 MB

Pretty sweet! Although I never got my wife to do it on hers... but not a big deal, she barely ever even uses data...

So either it was supposed to go out to everyone, or they had a criteria and just don't cross reference responses agains who they actually sent it to...

Anonymous
Not applicable

@gblackma wrote:

@Anonymous why does the the 500 Canada wide add on have 510/ 989 min. You would think if its 2 it would be 1000.

I bought one. Used it a bit. Then it looked like maybe it was being removed so I bought another. False alarm. When that happens the total gets reset to the new and remaining...thus 989. I guess I had used 11 minutes of the first one.

@Anonymous why does the the 500 Canada wide add on have 510/ 989 min. You would think if its 2 it would be 1000.

cpearce
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Wondering the same. My husband got 5gb but I didn't get anything. 😞

Anonymous
Not applicable

Woohoo. Just got the text saying I got the add-on on my main account.

Nothing on either of the other two yet.

Thanks Public Mobile.

Rock n roll

addons.jpg

@wildman21 if you still have the text message take a screenshot and contact customer support if you don't receive the 5gb

wildman21

Yes before those cut off times!

@wildman21 wrote:

On the last day and I tried Yes and YES (after I didnt get a reply). Happy to wait it out!

Now what time on the last day.  It would have had to have been before 11:59 EDT.  So 9:59 in Alberta and 8:59 for most of BC

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

wildman21

On the last day and I tried Yes and YES (after I didnt get a reply). Happy to wait it out!

@foxyeyez74 wrote:

I got the first sms message stating im getting 5 free g, and to wait for the sms.  That was on Aug 21, i still have gotten the sms yet. My daughter either...

The 5179 message says "Reply YES by 24-Aug-2020 ... You'll get a confirmation SMS when it's on your account, see in Self-Serve by 31-Aug-20."

It's not 31-Aug-2020 yet. Be patient.

@wildman21 wrote:

I replied to the SMS but it never got acknowledged unlike some other people here that seem to have got a reply. I have been told it will be added by 29 August anyway so lets wait and see!

When did you reply and a funny question did you reply with YES or just Yes or yes?  I am not sure if it matters but I made sure all my accounts replied with YES and all got confirmation immediately

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

wildman21

I replied to the SMS but it never got acknowledged unlike some other people here that seem to have got a reply. I have been told it will be added by 29 August anyway so lets wait and see!

@foxyeyez74 wrote:

I got the first sms message stating im getting 5 free g, and to wait for the sms.  That was on Aug 21, i still have gotten the sms yet. My daughter either...

You needed to reply to that first text if you wanted it.  Not all numbers got it

foxyeyez74

@darlicious 

We are only assuming the reason for this freebie is related to the Shaw Mobile offering in BC and Alberta. If so, it just seems odd that it would be some convoluted formula of who does and does not get the gift. So much easier to just offer it to everyone.

AE_Collector

@jukos maybe you were the test subject lol. I'm curious as to how you qualified when it was supposedly meant for the west 🤔. oh well pm has good glitches and bad glitches.. overall I would have to say it's a pretty good balance 😉

@AE_Collector 

If I take all the accounts I manage the only one to not recieve it was the long suffering bf's (so not only does he not get autopay automatically he doesn't get the freebies either! It must be completely random....every possible providers original number, new, old account,  lots of rewards, no rewards, high usage, low usage there are no determining factors. Random is random.

Jessar12

Have you been commenting on the community posts or asking questions? They could reward you for being active. Seems legit.

@claricecola wrote:

I received this SMS from Public Mobile on Aug 24, from the number 517-9:

Public Mobile here.  Make the most of our Canada-wide network with a gift, on us.  Enjoy a free one-time 1GB of data + 1000 Canada-wide minutes.  Just like that.  Reply YES by 24-Aug-2020 to opt in and get your gift."

I replied YES by the deadline but haven't received any confirmation or heard anything back from PM.  Anyone else get this and know how this works from here? 

Happy Hump Day PMers!

@claricecola the gift was definitely real.  There were a few PM users who had asked about this gift already.  Lucky you!  Enjoy your gift.  Cheers! 

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@jukos wrote:

all 5 accounts (my household) are ontario, opened roughly at the same time.

@jukos  Thanks for updating, hmm...that's quite interesting so the number didn't even have to be from BC originally.  Seems like it was more a randomly generated offer to some numbers and not others.

jukos

all 5 accounts (my household) are ontario, opened roughly at the same time.

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@jukos wrote:

I run 5 accounts for the family...only one got the offer.

@jukos   You mentioned one account has an Ontario number, was that the one to get the offer?

slas
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

The auto reply after my Yes told me that the Gift 1000 minutes and 1 Gb will appear at my account by August 31 and I will get a notification when its done

Need Help? Let's chat.