cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

free one-time 5GB of data text.

jukos
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I manage my daughters account and she got a text from pm stating the subject line... is this ligit?

686 REPLIES 686

Yeah starting to look as though it ISN’T All BC & Alta Area Codes or Addresses. But it seems to be “Most” people locally here in BC that I know of. It would seem odd (more like a glitch) that they would give this to say 98% of BC & Alberta customers.

AE_Collector

@AE_Collector wrote:

@hannastarkie 

The offer amount isn’t random.

$10 & $15 plans get 1Gb and 1000 Canada calling minutes.

$25 and up plans get 5Gb data add-on.

It sounded initially as all BC and ALberta Area Code cell numbers would get the free but someone else says it is actually looking at registered address not Area COde. I’m not sure, did we register our addresses? Cant recall 2 years ago!

There could be lots of potential glitches leading to someone who IS eligible NOT getting the text message. I would text YES to 5179 and see what happens.

AE_Collector

Nothing happens after texting YES to 5179! 😊

Anonymous
Not applicable

@AE_Collector wrote:

There could be lots of potential glitches leading to someone who IS eligible NOT getting the text message. I would text YES to 5179 and see what happens.

I did...nothing. We don't really actually know what the "eligibility" is though.

@AE_Collector  I was already on RFD so was quicker to find that thread than looking through PM forums lol.

You're right should be 23:59 EST the 24th but who knows.  "By", "Before"  🤷‍♂️ might be like some weekend flash sales that end Sunday night 🤔

Would be nice if PM was consistent on posting every promo with the terms/times on the announcement page.

@hannastarkie 

The offer amount isn’t random.

$10 & $15 plans get 1Gb and 1000 Canada calling minutes.

$25 and up plans get 5Gb data add-on.

It sounded initially as all BC and ALberta Area Code cell numbers would get the free but someone else says it is actually looking at registered address not Area COde. I’m not sure, did we register our addresses? Cant recall 2 years ago!

AE_Collector

Anonymous
Not applicable

@hannastarkie wrote:

I'm on a $15 plan as well and received this same 1gig and 1000minutes, I'm assuming it is maybe just sent to random numbers with Public, because my dad didn't receive it either. Also, lots of people are receiving a similar text but with 5gigs of data! Might be randomized but also depending on the size of your plan...?

I don't know what their criteria was for filtering recipients of the offer.

I have 3 accounts all on the $10 plan. One is currently suspended. My main account got it. My second account did not. The kicker was that my suspended plan did get it.

@hannastarkie wrote:

I'm on a $15 plan as well and received this same 1gig and 1000minutes, I'm assuming it is maybe just sent to random numbers with Public, because my dad didn't receive it either. Also, lots of people are receiving a similar text but with 5gigs of data! Might be randomized but also depending on the size of your plan...?

@hannastarkie   This promo seems to be directed to customers in BC/Alberta, although it seems like not everyone in those provinces received this offer.  And yes the promo is based upon one's plan, anyone on the $15 or older $10 plan got the 1GB+1000 mins, and for $25/+ plans the offer is 5GB.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@AE_Collector 

Ah English.

I interpret "by" as being before. I would have added a time to the text to avoid any uncertainty of course but that's the always helpful communication style of this outfit 🙂

hannastarkie
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

@Jb456 

Didn’t need to search rfd forums, my screenshot is in the 25 or so page long topic about this. I always wonder why people don't look at the last few posts on the Community at least before posting another new topic about this.

Any other time that PM says something has to be done “by” August 24 that means 11:59 PM (9 PM Pacific) time Monday August 24, not August 23 so it should not be too late for anyone with a BC or Alberta Area Code cell # to reply YES to 5179.

AE_Collector

I am not sure why you deleted the text before replying. It was a no brainier to reply 3 letters as i don't think anyone would say no to that. Anyways, you can try reaching out to the moderators and if you qualified for that offer (BC/AB customer), they might be able to do something for you. 

hannastarkie

yes these are from public mobile! They tend to send free minutes and gigs every once in awhile as a thank you for being a loyal costumer. It's so nice and random that yes it seams almost like a scam, but don't worry, it is simply just Public giving you a gift. 🙂

@MsSylvieco 

Found someone's screenshot on RFD forums.

Screenshot_20200824_133127.jpg

Says reply YES by August 24th which likely means it expired 23:59 EST on the 23rd.

Maybe contact the moderators to see if they can apply it for you. Two ways to reach them.

1- 

Simon.JPG

2- Or via private message at link below.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

You could try contacting a moderator and explain what had happened.

Here’s when and how to contact the Moderator Team:

• Get help with your account the easy way by starting a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon. It’ll take you to relevant help articles, or if it’s something more urgent, it can help you submit a ticket to the Moderator Team. Click here to get started.
  • Alternatively, you can send a private message to the Moderators by clicking here. You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@MsSylvieco wrote:

Hi,

It does not look like anything is happening from texting 5179 with message YES.

I wondered that the actual expiration was midnight ET last night (23rd) ie. _before_ the 24th. So until we might hear from others, that's my conclusion. 🙂

MsSylvieco
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi,

It does not look like anything is happening from texting 5179 with message YES.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@MsSylvieco wrote:

I will give that a try. Thank you.

If you get nothing then it probably didn't work. If you get a confirmation then you should be good to go.

Let us know your result.

MsSylvieco

I will give that a try. Thank you.

@MsSylvieco Type YES to PM 5179. Stay safe. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@MsSylvieco wrote:

Hello, I received a text from Public Mobile advising me that  I could received a free one-time 5GB of data text. I deleted the text before replying to it. How may I access the free offer again? Thank you.

Try sending to 5179 with the text saying YES in caps.

But it's possible you missed it.

Why would you delete these things?

MsSylvieco

Hello, I received a text from Public Mobile advising me that  I could received a free one-time 5GB of data text. I deleted the text before replying to it. How may I access the free offer again? Thank you.

The offer is for those with BC and AB addresses.  Phone number does not seem to factor here.

It was a targeted promotion to certain Pm customers in AB and BC.

We're probably in the wrong place and/or with the wrong plan

If you are not affected by competitor offering you probably won't get it

Not everyone received the offer. From what I gather it was for SOME people in BC and Alberta on certain plans.

Basically away for Public Mobile to compete or keep clients from moving to Shaw Mobiles offer of a free cell plan for internet subscribers in BC and Alberta.

Grahamk

Hi. I’m wondering why I wasn’t offered the latest bonus “data & minutes offer” via text?  

@carlaspapa Your friend should just respond. There's nothing to lose. And there's still another day.

carlaspapa
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

That's what we're hoping he doesn't have his phone with him and he's not back home till tomorrow I'll give him a call back and tell him to text YES as soon as he gets home. Thanks unless someone else does it before then I'll report back tomorrow.

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@carlaspapa wrote:

So this latest free gift offer we got it says respond by August 24th Does that mean by tonight midnight the 23rd or do they mean by midnight on the 24th? I have a buddy who didn't know about the offer and wants to know if he still has time to respond?

From my text message: "Reply YES by 24-Aug-2020"

If my English is correct, it says "BY" not "before".

I think we have until tomorrow 11:59pm ET to reply.

Need Help? Let's chat.