cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

free one-time 5GB of data text.

jukos
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I manage my daughters account and she got a text from pm stating the subject line... is this ligit?

686 REPLIES 686

carlaspapa
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

So this latest free gift offer we got it says respond by August 24th Does that mean by tonight midnight the 23rd or do they mean by midnight on the 24th? I have a buddy who didn't know about the offer and wants to know if he still has time to respond?

treefrog
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Thank you pm! I recieved a text for this and its giving me 5gb of data. This is fantastic! I almost ignored it thinking it was just another text from CCTS.

I have heard that from others here... there is no “Yes Button“ to click.

You just type In YES in and then click send.

AE_Collector

@Eldon1 

Screenshot_20200821-153410-01~2.jpeg

 there is no box... stop thinking and type yes

donuts_waffles
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I signed up for this right away. I’m on that promotional 2GB/$30 plan. I think it’s legit.

@Eldon1 wrote:

there was no yes reply box 

@Eldon1 you are right just reply yes 🙂

@AE_Collector 

There have also been a few other forms of "gifts", though not for everyone.

Various contests held in the Community Announcements, with gifts (prizes) for the winners, sometimes with lesser gifts (prizes) for all worthy participants.

And, I think, sometimes PM awards ad-hoc gifts (bribes) to select customers. Because they meet some sort of profile criteria. Or because, for whatever reason, PM actively wants to retain their business. This makes sense, although it is speculation based on internet hearsay.

Eldon1
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

there was no yes reply box 

@Eldon1 wrote:😁

I received a text stating that I was offered 5G of free data how do I go about receiving that?

@Eldon1 hi just reply yes to the text it will be added to your account in a few days 

Eldon1

I received a text stating that I was offered 5G of free data how do I go about receiving that?

@Cleaner it's available to Alberta and BC customers. Along with a 1000 minute and 1 gig data addon if on a limited minute plan. 

@Cleaner wrote:

This is a great offer, anyone else being offered this. My wife and I both did and we signed up for it. Is there any further info out there about this.

@Cleaner hi it's just a free bonus being offered to folks out west 😁👍

Cleaner

This is a great offer, anyone else being offered this. My wife and I both did and we signed up for it. Is there any further info out there about this.

@flenderlee not a scam, it is official.

@flenderlee both of them are from Public Mobile 5129 is the CCTS mandated message. And 5179 is an offer of 1 gig and 1000 minutes if on the $10 or $15 limited minutes plan or 5 gig of data if on any of the other plans. Stay safe. 

@flenderlee wrote:

Received  text messages from 517-9 and 512-9.   Do they come from Public Mobile?

@flenderlee it's all good lucky you😁

@flenderlee yes they do reply "yes" to receive the free gift

customers from BC and AB are receiving this free offer

Yes it is interesting how the three different gifts over the last 12 months have all been done a bit differently. First automatically put in accounts. Second we had to log in to Self Serve and claim them. Now we have to respond YES to a text message.

AE_Collector

flenderlee

Received  text messages from 517-9 and 512-9.   Do they come from Public Mobile?

Korth
Mayor / Maire

@dac13 wrote:

Not sure what the reason is that Public Mobile doesn't post these regional offers but since they don't post maybe they can just give these targeted offers instead requesting individuals to reply "yes" cuz who would refuse free offers?

The first gift from PM to all PM customers - one year ago - was announced with a text "hey, we gave you 1GB, a free gift, no strings attached, enjoy!"

And people complained, many people in multiple threads, some quite angry. They did not want data, they did not want the phone (or the person using the phone) to have data, etc. You can never please everyone.

PM has handed out other gifts since then. But each one requires some sort of action or feedback from the recipient (before the gift expires) to claim the gift. Those who don't want the gifts don't have to respond or login or anything. They can even choose to UNSUBSCRIBE or STOP receiving future offers.

croftrandle

A friend did this as well and simply texted YES to 5179 and it seemed to work for them. Offer expires tonight from what I understand.

dac13
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I totally agree.  There are so many scams these days and scams that also are phishing emails and text messages that may look like they're from a company you know but it's not from them.  It's always better to play it.

Not sure what the reason is that Public Mobile doesn't post these regional offers but since they don't post maybe they can just give these targeted offers instead requesting individuals to reply "yes" cuz who would refuse free offers?   So maybe send a message like " We have added 5 GB to your account as a thank you.  Please check your account in 5 days"

@Dingodog48 

Do you have a bc or Alberta phone number? Have you ever unsubscribed from recieving texts from public mobile? Try texting YES to 5179 and see if you gets response. If not try texting  START or reply YES to an older text from that short code.

@Dingodog48 It gets sent to you in a text. They might do it in waves.

Dingodog48

My partner and others received the 5GB data free valid until August 24/2020. How can I access it?

RM4
@AE_Collector, I hope you are successful, guess it's a wait and see til after August 31 🙂  We're also an iPhone family.  2 SE's and a 6s on the $15 plan and a 11 on the $25 plan.  All different apple ID's but one of the SE's didn't include the 1000 minutes and of course the $25 is unlimited minutes so it got the 5 GB.  I'll wait and see too.  I've got my fingers crossed for you that it goes smoothly.  I'm tickled with the offers, it wasn't something that I was expecting! 

Yeah there will be enough complaining here to last until the end of the year if everyone in BC and Alberta doesn’t get an offer.

I have a bit of an unusual scenario in that both Of our phones ($15 plan x 2) got the offer but since they are both iPhones on the same Apple ID, each of the phones got each of the offers. Thus replying YES leaves no way to show that the replying is from the correct message with the correct phone number. So I did a reply from each phone and received the response so hopefully all is well.

AE_Collector

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Korth wrote:

Haha, thread merge, I was indeed late to this party.

So it looks like some people (like me with a Limited Talk plan) receive 1GB + 1000 minutes, some people (with Unlimited Talk plans) receive as much as 5GB ... and some people apparently aren't receiving any gift at all?

Yup. I have two active accounts on the $10 plan...one got it. The other was referred by the first and also had the first number as an alternate.

Maybe just some evidence to ponder.

Need Help? Let's chat.