cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

free one-time 5GB of data text.

jukos
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I manage my daughters account and she got a text from pm stating the subject line... is this ligit?

686 REPLIES 686

@RM4 the offer seems to be 1 gig + 1000 minutes if on the limited minute plans.  So I would wait until after the date that it's supposed to be credited and contact the moderators of you don't receive it. Stay safe. 

@RM4 wrote:

I'm in BC $15 plan only received 1GB, no extra minutes...

Should be added before the end of Aug.

Read the confirmation text PM sent to you after you texted YES.

@SJYokel wrote:

Hi Julia. I have a family with 5 accounts. We have only received the bonus offer on two of the phones. We are currently out of the country until after the expiry. Is there another way to claim the offer?

@SJYokel....

Do all 5 accounts have BC or Alberta phone numbers ?

RM4
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I'm in BC $15 plan only received 1GB, no extra minutes...

@dude65 wrote:

@computergeek541 ....your saying that this offer every BC & AB pm customer will get (or has already gotten) this offer? My sister who lives in BC, is on the $15.plan with pm, has a BC number, has not received this text offer yet. Either she will get it in the next day or 2 or its  targeted within those 2 provinces.

I don't have all details, but do know customers from other provinces will not be receiving these offers.

@SJYokel wrote:

Hi Julia. I have a family with 5 accounts. We have only received the bonus offer on two of the phones. We are currently out of the country until after the expiry. Is there another way to claim the offer?

@SJYokel   That's a good question and I'm wondering if perhaps @Julia_T  could clarify for all others who may also be wondering.

SJYokel

@Kennethfan1 wrote:

is 517-9 a valid public phone number from Public mobile ? I have just received a message from this number giving me 5G data for free.

@Kennethfan1   Yes it's legitimate.  Just reply YES if you've received that text.

@Kennethfan1 wrote:

is 517-9 a valid public phone number from Public mobile ? I have just received a message from this number giving me 5G data for free.

Yes. Public Mobile has sent an offer to some customers.

dude65
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@computergeek541 ....your saying that this offer every BC & AB pm customer will get (or has already gotten) this offer? My sister who lives in BC, is on the $15.plan with pm, has a BC number, has not received this text offer yet. Either she will get it in the next day or 2 or its  targeted within those 2 provinces.

Kennethfan1
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

@AE_Collector wrote:

That makes sense except an announcement here is in an area that everyone here is learning about anyway. I can see it not being on their home page but here...everyone who frequents the community is hearing about it anyway... complete with the confusion that would be cleared up if they were the ones to announce it.

AE_Collector

I don't disagree, but Tiana stated not long ago that Public Mobile will not make any thread in the Annoucement category for any regiional offers.

That makes sense except an announcement here is in an area that everyone here is learning about anyway. I can see it not being on their home page but here...everyone who frequents the community is hearing about it anyway... complete with the confusion that would be cleared up if they were the ones to announce it.

AE_Collector

@Rosguru wrote:

Hi Julia, 

Thanks for clarifying the legit status of PM's text offer.  It is very generous of PM to give their customers these great offers! 

It would probably help all customers especially the newbies if PM puts an official announcement in their 'Announcements' section letting people know that this is a current offer as a lot of people are wary of scams.

Just a suggestion especially as people have a difficult time looking through posts to verify the authenticity of text message offers.

Anyway, kudos to Public Mobile for their generous customer offers!!!!!!

As I was mentioning earlier, Public Mobile does not make annoucements about regional offers due to the confusion that it would cause, and possibly complaints about how the offer isn't available everywhere.

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@deserttraveler wrote:

Hi, a friend of mine who is a public mobile customer has just recieved a 5gb add on for free , all he had to do was say yes before August 24, 2020. I did not receive this text. Is this only for some public mobile customers? 

Yes, the offer is for phone number with BC and AB area code.

Do you have a BC or AB area code phone number?

The plans with limited number of call minutes, $10 and $15 plan, will get the 1GB data + 1000 minutes offer.

The plans with unlimited call minutes will get the 5GB data offer.

@deserttraveler wrote:

Hi, a friend of mine who is a public mobile customer has just recieved a 5gb add on for free , all he had to do was say yes before August 24, 2020. I did not receive this text. Is this only for some public mobile customers? 

Do you sport a BC or AB phone number. Those are the only numbers that got the gift offer....so far.

@Triguy...I've been a PM customer for a few years...I got the 5GB of free data. Seems like most any PM'er in BC / AB got it.

It is probably a targeted promotion for new customers.

There is a 20 something page long discussion here on the Community already and an Oracle is trying to merge all the new topics about this into the main Topic.

Are you in BC or Alberta? Everyone in those two provinces is getting this offer though i have heard of a few people who have not received the text for some reason. Send a text to 5179 with the word YES and let us know if you get an automatic response back.

If you are on the $15 plan then the offer is 1Gb of data and 1000 minutes of canada Calling.

AE_Collector

deserttraveler
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

@darlicious wrote:

@AE_Collector 

There are far worse fates for my partners in life. I think he's still counting on being third time lucky number three......

I think I would keep looking over my shoulder if I were him. If he gets any more PM freebies piled up on his phone and if it has a year or more life left in it, he may be on borrowed time.

So I am aware of three separate times that PM has given away add-ons to existing customers. ANd all three have been implemented differently.

Aug 2019 - 1 Gb of data was just added t everyone’s account. Done.

Dec 2019 - 1 Gb & 400 minutes of International calling was announced and texted to customers and we had to log in to Self Serve and select the two free add-ons from the add-on area.

Aug 2020 - 5Gb Data OR 1Gb with 1000 Canada minutes Was texted to everyone with requirement of replying YES to accept.

Interesting that each time has been handled differently. 

AE_Collector

@AE_Collector wrote:

@darlicious wrote:

@AE_Collector 

I believe you had to be a customer as of August 19th 2019 to recieve the free 1gb data add on and you would receive a confirmation text on August 21st and your data go be added after this date which BTW is the bf's one year anniversary with pm.....4 free gifts, 4 different plans and has gone through 4 different phones in 4 quarters of a year with public mobile!

Lot of 4’s happening there and I don't think “4” is generally regarded as a lucky number. Not with losing/breaking/destroying 4 phones in 4 quarters! 

AE_Collector

@AE_Collector 

There are far worse fates for my partners in life. I think he's still counting on being third time lucky number three......

Rosguru

Thank you Darlicious for your post.  This was one that helped me to also realise that PM's text was legit!

@AE_Collector wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Well...to be fair...we're all wary of "too good to be true". It wasn't until ShawnC13 came on with presumably some Oracle insight from the company to declare that it's real. And then of course the post from Julia_T that made it official.

It's just more about the weird (lack of) communication from the company.

Yes I agree about communications. Okay so they surprise us but cant we get official announcements to most things here on the community? There have been Flash Sales that I heard nothing about as there is no “announcement” of it here on the Community. 

AE_Collector

@AE_Collector 

Yes but that would spoil the surprise or as one of my late greats would say....prizes! Who doesn't like to recieve a prize! He would have been delighted.

Rosguru

Hi Julia, 

Thanks for clarifying the legit status of PM's text offer.  It is very generous of PM to give their customers these great offers! 

It would probably help all customers especially the newbies if PM puts an official announcement in their 'Announcements' section letting people know that this is a current offer as a lot of people are wary of scams.

Just a suggestion especially as people have a difficult time looking through posts to verify the authenticity of text message offers.

Anyway, kudos to Public Mobile for their generous customer offers!!!!!!

@BearFBI 

Thanks for trying that for me. That IS encouraging that for BC customers who haven’t received the text ... Sending YES to 5179 and receiving the “Good Choice” reply likely means it will work out. 

Good luck, there have been several freebies in the past and there will be more freebies in the future, hopefully for other areas or for everyone.

AE_Collector

@Superapoon 

If you sent YES to 5179 AND you got the reply back saying “Good Choice...” then you are All set. If you haven't done that just send a text message to 5179 with the word YES. Then you should get the reply.

I think by putting STOP you may have opted out of future notifications by text message. Maybe someone else can confirm that and how to get back these notifications again.

AE_Collector

Superapoon

OK, thanks

Carniam
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Best way is to create a ticket through SIMon. Click the question mark and follow the steps. Best of luck

Superapoon

How to contact mod? 

Need Help? Let's chat.