cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

free one-time 5GB of data text.

jukos
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I manage my daughters account and she got a text from pm stating the subject line... is this ligit?

686 REPLIES 686

Superapoon
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Thank you, will do

Carniam
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I would contact a mod to confirm

Superapoon

Yes, I got the same message 

Superapoon

I put Yes first, but I am wonder, put Stop, they said no longer to get promotion, and I put back yes, so at the result, do I get this promotion? 

BearFBI
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Superapoon No no extra charges. Its a Freebie. Just accept the offer and at the end of the month you will have a one time bonus 5GB addon.

Superapoon

Is this offer need to pay extra charges? 

Superapoon

I received this message, but any extra charges? If I put Yes, they will confirm me the end of the month, is it ture? 

BearFBI
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@AE_Collector I just texted that number right now. I havent got any reply. Im in Ontario

Lol I'm sure PM is smarter than us. Hopefully this Freebie becomes nationwide.

@SomeFriend wrote:

Bit disappointed that only randomly selected lines are getting the offer.  I’m in BC and I got one account with $10 plan, one with the $15 plan, and one with the $25 plan.  Somehow, the $10 plan gets it but the rest of my household doesn’t (including myself!)...

I’m a bit disappointed 😞

I have heard of a couple of BC residents who haven't received the text for whatever reason. On each of your other two phones send a text to 5179 with the word YES. That should get a response of Good Choice” back. That means you have accepted the offer so as long as you didn’t receive the offer because of some glitch you should be all set. They indicate it could be as laste as the end of AUgust for it to actually show up on your account. Of course receiving the “Good Choice” reply doesn’t guarantee all is well, That is likely automated and if there is a specific reason that you didn’t receive the text doing this may not fix the problem. Worth a try though... fingers crossed.

AE_Collector

@RobertQc . To save more data download offline maps.

Open Google maps app.

First click your name top right and go to settings. Toggle the bar to "wifi only"

Then go back to your name top right a second time.

This time click "offline maps"

You can download an entire area of a map or even multiple maps for different provinces.

Next time you need a map while driving or wtv simply open Google maps and do as you normally do. 

This time the downloaded maps will be used so NO DATA.

You still get turn by turn directions and all that stuff. The only thing you will not get is up to date traffic. Which is the cause of most data being used as it continually uses data to keep updating online maps for traffic,etc.

So as suggested simply download the offline maps and you're all set.

Has anyone received their text today (Saturday) or do all texts appear to have been sent? I know of two people in BC who haven't received a text yet. I have told them to text YES to 5179  which generates the “Good Choice” reply. Of course that reply is automated Which doesn’t guarantee that your number has been added to the list to receive the promo. Has anyone who is NOT in BC or Alberta texted YES to 5179? Did you get the “Good Choice....” Reply or something else?

AE_Collector

@darlicious wrote:

@AE_Collector 

I believe you had to be a customer as of August 19th 2019 to recieve the free 1gb data add on and you would receive a confirmation text on August 21st and your data go be added after this date which BTW is the bf's one year anniversary with pm.....4 free gifts, 4 different plans and has gone through 4 different phones in 4 quarters of a year with public mobile!

Lot of 4’s happening there and I don't think “4” is generally regarded as a lucky number. Not with losing/breaking/destroying 4 phones in 4 quarters! 

AE_Collector

@Anonymous wrote:

@RobertQc wrote:

You just want to make sure its legit before doing anything.

Hey @RobertQc !

It's legit. I'm out west with the $10 plan. Two. One got it.

They have gifted a tiered method where $25 and up plans got 5gb. Very nice.

Hey @Anonymous !

Very nice indeed. I switched to the $15 plan 6? months ago since I almost never go over 250mb. Ran out of plan data (all on google maps/hotels.com) and just started using my old gift from PM for the first time this morning. Never used anything outside of my included plan so was worried it may not be seamless and I'd get stuck in the middle of no where. But it worked perfect.

Nice of PM to gift select users a free bonus. Also nice it uses the bonus before the purchased add-on. Grats @emdash (and the others). Enjoy!

holi.jpg

@Anonymous wrote:

Well...to be fair...we're all wary of "too good to be true". It wasn't until ShawnC13 came on with presumably some Oracle insight from the company to declare that it's real. And then of course the post from Julia_T that made it official.

It's just more about the weird (lack of) communication from the company.

Yes I agree about communications. Okay so they surprise us but cant we get official announcements to most things here on the community? There have been Flash Sales that I heard nothing about as there is no “announcement” of it here on the Community. 

AE_Collector

Anonymous
Not applicable

@RobertQc wrote:

Hey @RobertQc !

It's legit. I'm out west with the $10 plan. Two. One got it.

They have gifted a tiered method where $25 and up plans got 5gb. Very nice.

emdash

Ah, sorry, it was a text. Yes, from 517-9. Details, details!

I was pretty sure it was legit, thanks for confirming. Just wanted to make sure it’s not going to, like, expire after a month or wipe out the other free data I have before I say yes.

Thanks for confirming, this sounds good to me!

@emdash they are add ons and willnot expire until used up.  Stay safe 

@emdash it's a legitimate offer from PM given to those out West on the $10 or $15 plans. Stay safe. 

@emdash  Was this a text? E-mail? Where did you get this offer from?

There has been a similar deal here from "5179" https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Plans-Add-Ons/free-one-time-5GB-of-data-text/m-p/5820...

emdash

Hey there,

I searched the forums for an answer to this, but couldn’t find anything on the topic.

Some PM customers received this message this week: “Enjoy a free one-time 1GB of data + 1000 Canada-wide minutes.“

This is pretty cool! I just want to make sure there aren’t any catches before I accept. I still have a little bit of data left from the last similar promotion. Will this data and minutes add to what I have left, and the total balance never expire, or are the rules different this time? Why would I not want to accept? (Bit puzzled by it being optional …)

Thanks all!

@Stella80 

I'm sorry if you misunderstood my response to @AE_Collector  clarifying the date you had to be a customer in order to recieve last summer's free 1 gb data add on (August 19th 2019) that coincidentally is the bf's 1 year anniversary with pm. However he missed the freebie data add on last year by 2 days.

Stella80
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

It is sad if not everyone is getting something.  However it is great if you were selected to receive one of the said deals. 
sometimes we forget not to look a gift horse in the mouth. 

enjoy your free gift

Stella80

I do not believe you had to be a customer for over a year as I am a new customer and have received one of these today on my account. 

@

@AE_Collector wrote:

Just 5 minutes ago received this 1000 min / 1Gb offer on our two accounts. Both are $15 plans. Interestingly it was very close if not the same day in August last year that all existing customers received a 1 Gb data gift.

AE_Collector

@AE_Collector 

I believe you had to be a customer as of August 19th 2019 to recieve the free 1gb data add on and you would receive a confirmation text on August 21st and your data go be added after this date which BTW is the bf's one year anniversary with pm.....4 free gifts, 4 different plans and has gone through 4 different phones in 4 quarters of a year with public mobile!

stephanieberle2

Yes this is a real offer.  No scam if you want the promo reply to the text with YES and you will have it added to your account. 

Cheers enjoy your free data!

SomeFriend
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Bit disappointed that only randomly selected lines are getting the offer.  I’m in BC and I got one account with $10 plan, one with the $15 plan, and one with the $25 plan.  Somehow, the $10 plan gets it but the rest of my household doesn’t (including myself!)...

I’m a bit disappointed 😞

@Dhoncha It's 1GB and 1000 munutes for $10 and $15 plan or 5GB for other plans.

Dhoncha

I receive also txt message they said is one time free GB?i dnt know is true let see this coming end of the month..

Oops.jpeg

mtmoki

My daughter deleted the text by accident and we texted “YES” to 517-9 from her number and received a reply saying,

“ Good choice! Confirming you have opted in for your bonus one-time add-on. You'll get a confirmation SMS when it's on your account. See in Self-Serve by 31-Aug-20.“

Need Help? Let's chat.