cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

free one-time 5GB of data text.

jukos
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I manage my daughters account and she got a text from pm stating the subject line... is this ligit?

686 REPLIES 686

Anonymous
Not applicable

@AE_Collector wrote:

Easy to spot the (relative) Newbies to Public Mobile! Those who cant figure out “What the $%#@“ with this offer or immediately suspect “SCAM”! Who would have thought!

AE_Collector

Well...to be fair...we're all wary of "too good to be true". It wasn't until ShawnC13 came on with presumably some Oracle insight from the company to declare that it's real. And then of course the post from Julia_T that made it official.

It's just more about the weird (lack of) communication from the company.

Easy to spot the (relative) Newbies to Public Mobile! Those who cant figure out “What the $%#@“ with this offer or immediately suspect “SCAM”! Who would have thought!

AE_Collector

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Da6s wrote:

All my years of video games and April Fools day pranks makes me think this is too good to be true... 😉

What's the catch? A free lunch... for real? 

I'm willing to risk it! I'll post here if something goes sideways or comes up in the future!

Otherwise... #PM4Life!

@Da6s 

Last summer they gave away a gig to everyone. Last Xmas they gave away another gig and the 400 minute international add-on.

That's just in my time. iirc there have been other giveaways before that.

For those commenting about BC, AB...there was that promo plan that was only good for Quebec until they made it for everyone. So they do do regional responses.

SgdFranklin
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Look forward to getting some of these texts.  

Took advantage of FREE3GB promo code and I signed up

@Da6s wrote:

All my years of video games and April Fools day pranks makes me think this is too good to be true... 😉

I'm willing to risk it! I'll post here if something goes sideways or comes up in the future!

Otherwise... #PM4Life!

These are free add-ons designed to promote customer loyalty and prevent people from deciding to switch carriers.

Da6s

Otherwise... #PM4Life!

@Da6s wrote:

Just wanting to clarify, if an account accepts the one-time offer of any add-on (e.g.1gb, 5gb, extra anything) does that adjust anything at the account level?

- Will accepting the gift, reset any account features or existing plans/etc.? 
- Does it change the account standing or adjust dates? 

- By texting "yes", does that remove future eligibility to other offers or new plans? For example, by accepting this gift now and then changing a plan in the future, will the 5 GB disappear?

Sheesh... so many questions?!  

There are no reasons to refuse the offer.

Da6s

Just wanting to clarify, if an account accepts the one-time offer of any add-on (e.g.1gb, 5gb, extra anything) does that adjust anything at the account level?

- Will accepting the gift, reset any account features or existing plans/etc.? 
- Does it change the account standing or adjust dates? 

- By texting "yes", does that remove future eligibility to other offers or new plans? For example, by accepting this gift now and then changing a plan in the future, will the 5 GB disappear?

Sheesh... so many questions?!  

@Da6s wrote:

Just wanting to make sure, by accepting this one-time 5GB offer... does it change our existing plan or anything like that?
It's not clear if there is an expiry on the data, or does it just go until it's used up? 

This is a great surprise and would be much appreciated, thanks PM for being awesome! 🙂

@Da6s 

Nothing else will change with your existing plan.  Your existing data on your plan will be used up first for each 30 day cycle.  If you run out, then this 5GB data add on will be used.  No expiry date for this add on.  Unused data will roll over to next month until all used up.

Da6s

Just wanting to make sure, by accepting this one-time 5GB offer... does it change our existing plan or anything like that?
It's not clear if there is an expiry on the data, or does it just go until it's used up? 

This is a great surprise and would be much appreciated, thanks PM for being awesome! 🙂

croftrandle

The bonus you are offered depends on the plan you are on. It's legit!

dac13
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Although this offer is for BC and AB only since PM may be getting lots of subscribers moving to Shaw Mobile....I am hoping they provide an offer to ON also since Fido, Koodo and Virgin are offering 5 GB bonus also.

@katdotscea 

@katdotscea wrote:

How do I get promotion text from public mobile and Koodo? 

I have a sweet phone plan, but I am wondering when it will be cancelled. Before that happens I want to switch up a plan from either Koodo or Public Mobile. my friends would get the promotion text, but they were never sent to me. 

Thanks for the information. 

You have to be an existing customer of Public mobile to get these promo texts.  

However, new customers also get special deals to sign up.  Just monitor the website or sign for for deal alerts.   

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/plans

(sign up at lower part of this webpage)

katdotscea
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

How do I get promotion text from public mobile and Koodo? 

I have a sweet phone plan, but I am wondering when it will be cancelled. Before that happens I want to switch up a plan from either Koodo or Public Mobile. my friends would get the promotion text, but they were never sent to me. 

Thanks for the information. 

ruffalls

Thanks it worked.

ruffalls

yes, thanks I got the text and hit reply YES, but my daughter deleted her text and we are wondering if she can get the text resent to her phone so she can get the same offer

@ruffalls wrote:

I received a text from PM this afternoon, it was offering a gift of extra data.  and said text YES by certain date for this bonus one time add on.

My daughter had the same text but didn't read it and went and deleted it.

Is there a way for her to have the text resent to her?

Tell her to gogle "how to retrieve deleted texts"...it's simple but each phone brand might be different steps.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@ruffalls wrote:

I received a text from PM this afternoon, it was offering a gift of extra data.  and said text YES by certain date for this bonus one time add on.

I vote no. She made her choice the moment she deleted it. Y'snooze, y'lose.

But I don't run the show.

@ruffalls I would have her contact the moderators, explain what happened, give them her number and ask them to resend the text for her. With all the scams going around, I would hazard that she wasn't the only one. There are 2 ways to contact the Moderator Team:

• Faster response- Get help with your account the easy way by starting a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon. It’ll take you to relevant help articles, or if it’s something more urgent, it can help you submit a ticket to the Moderator Team. Click here to get started.
  • Slower- Alternatively, you can send a private message to the Moderators by clicking here. You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work.

Once connected to Simon, you will be asked to log in again with your community user name and password.  Please do, this allows you to continue and send your message.
- Check your private message sent box (click on the envelope top right of your screen) to make sure the message was sent.

- Keep an eye on the envelope top right of your screen.  The mods answer will show up there.  When it does, you will be asked to verify your self service account, with your password and login. Doing so allows the process to continue. Stay safe. 

@ruffalls 

try sending yes to that number

contact customer support mods here

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

make sure to check your inbox(top right corner envelope icon) periodically, for a response

ruffalls

SherBer60

Thanks for the info!  Appreciate your quick response too.

yanzhiqiang
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Thanks PM.

I regards to the theory that its targeted to BC & AB only, no text received here with 2 SK phone numbers.

Yes this must be a response to the Shaw Mobile service in BC and Alberta. There have been responses to other services in Quebec and likely other areas as well. Normally if not for Covid I would be on the 5 Gb plan now over summer and would have got the free 5 Gb add-on but due to Covid I am sitting on the $15 plan so I didn’t score as much as I would have. But so be it and I appreciate the loot from PM all the same.

And thanks for merging a bunch of topics together (Shawn?). I was in the middle of writing this response in one of the topics when I got the big red bar across the top which is always a good time to copy what you’ve written! Much better keeping everything about this in one place.

AE_Collector

@hairbag1 wrote:

@J-L wrote:

@ShawnC13  what about customers who started with PM in another province but have moved to BC or Alberta? My daughter moved to Alberta but kept her original cell number, but her address for her PM account was changed to her Alberta address. She should receive the 5G bonus but she did not receive the txt from PM. 

I can't speak for PM...but seems like the latest gift offers are only targeted at BC or AB numbers in this go-around.

@hairbag1, correct it is a targeted regional promotion in response to the launch of Shaw Mobile and their low cost plans

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

@SherBer60 wrote:

Received message today stating "For a limited time, enjoy a free one-time 5GB of data...opt in and get your gift."

My questions are: 

1.  Do we determine when we can use the 5GB of data, or does it got automatically added to the next cycle?; and
2.  Does accepting the one time gift affect current plan/add-ons?

@SherBer60,  the data will get added to your account and will be used just like a purchased data add-on.  If you use all of your plan data before the end of your cycle you would then use this data.  When your cycle renews you will go back to your plan data and leave the remainder of this add-on for future use.  It does not expire it will stay with your account until fully consumed.  No, it doesn't affect your current plan or add-ons

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Hmmmm I just got. 

Public Mobile here. Make the most of our Canada-wide network with a gift, on us. Enjoy a free one-time 1GB of data + 1000 Canada-wide minutes. Just like that.

@J-L wrote:

@ShawnC13  what about customers who started with PM in another province but have moved to BC or Alberta? My daughter moved to Alberta but kept her original cell number, but her address for her PM account was changed to her Alberta address. She should receive the 5G bonus but she did not receive the txt from PM. 

I can't speak for PM...but seems like the latest gift offers are only targeted at BC or AB numbers in this go-around.

yanzhiqiang
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

I received this and replayed too. Thanks PM.

Need Help? Let's chat.