cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

free one-time 5GB of data text.

jukos
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I manage my daughters account and she got a text from pm stating the subject line... is this ligit?

686 REPLIES 686

@Jofranarc 

Can you provide a link to the promo?

We had a similar one with 1 gig and 400 long distance just before winter holidays, but it has expired on 3rd of January.

It's possible that there are more out there not announced here.

If you pass us the link to the rumor we may figure out how to get it

Cheers

@Jofranarc wrote:

How do I get the free 1GB of data and 1000 Canada wide minutes?

This offer is only for this in Alberta and BC. If you are elgiible for those free add-ons, you will have received a text message about it.

TCY
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

You should get a text message telling you how to get the offer. If you didn't get the text message, you don't get the promo. AFAIK, this promo is for AB and BC only.

@Jofranarc what are you talking about? Thanks. 

@ShawnC13 did you get a text yet?

rossputin
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Curious, why did they do this?  Corporations aren't known for their benevolence.

Jofranarc

How do I get the free 1GB of data and 1000 Canada wide minutes?

@Mrfreak87 wrote:

Hi All, 

Received a message from 5179 with a free data offer, but I need to respond to accept. I just want to confirm that this is a legitimate message before responding.

Thanks, 

Scott

Yes, Public Mobile does send text messages from that number. Today, there was an offered made to some existing customers for a free add-on.

@gpixel wrote:

Just got the text!!! thanks PM you are the best!

I wonder if this is a response to the virgin, Koodo, fido promo for $50/9gb

https://mobilesyrup.com/2020/08/21/virgin-mobile-fido-koodo-50-9gb-plans/

Regional response so I would think it is Shaw offering cheap plans

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Mrfreak87
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi All, 

Received a message from 5179 with a free data offer, but I need to respond to accept. I just want to confirm that this is a legitimate message before responding.

Thanks, 

Scott

@gblackma wrote:

@Julia_T shouldn't you announce that this is an offer here in the community? Thanks.Stay safe. 

@gblackma Public Mobile doesn't usually announce regional promotions as a matter of company policy due to the confusion that it might create.  That was the official stance not long ago. Julia_T, please feel free to correct me if that has changed.

@Julia_T shouldn't you announce that this is an offer here in the community? Thanks.Stay safe. 

Julia_T

Hi @neilhagen5 , this is Julia from Public Mobile confirming that it is a legit! If you replied to the offer, it should appear in your account within the next week. 🙂

Mandeepkainth

Thanks Julia

@sunflowershine wrote:

@Mandeepkainth It is legit. But not everyone getting the same bonus. 

It's also regional. Some won't be getting either of these offers.

Julia_T

Hi @Mandeepkainth, this is Julia from Public Mobile confirming that it is a legit! If you replied to the offer, it should appear in your account within the next week. 🙂  

Mandeepkainth

Thanks..

That's why i like public mobile 😄😄

Just got the text!!! thanks PM you are the best!

I wonder if this is a response to the virgin, Koodo, fido promo for $50/9gb

https://mobilesyrup.com/2020/08/21/virgin-mobile-fido-koodo-50-9gb-plans/

sunflowershine
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@neilhagen5 It is legit. You have to reply "YES" to get the bonus.

It is a legit offer from Public Mobile

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

@TCY wrote:

@Julia_T Is this deal for 30 days only or does it roll over to future months?

These are one-time add-ons. They stay on your account until used up but you will receive the add-on(s) only once.

Mandeepkainth

Yes i got same message today..

neilhagen5
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi, Public Mobile. I just received a text from number "5179" which indicated I can have a free one-time 5GB of data. I have to reply "YES" by August 24 to claim the gift. Is this for real or is it a scam? Thanks for this. I live near Calgary in the 403 area code.

Neil

TCY

@Julia_T Is this deal for 30 days only or does it roll over to future months?

Jenfenster

Nevermind - I saw the responses after I posted lol. YAY for free stuff! Bell never did that. THANK YOU!!

@Jenfenster wrote:

I received this today as well (and my ma too).

Nothing comes up in Google as it being a scam or not? 

Anyone else?

Please refer to the following message: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Using-Your-Service/Text-message-from-PM-5179/m-p/5821...

sunflowershine
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Mandeepkainth It is legit. But not everyone getting the same bonus. 

Jenfenster

I received this today as well (and my ma too).

Nothing comes up in Google as it being a scam or not? 

Anyone else?

Need Help? Let's chat.