cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

free one-time 5GB of data text.

jukos
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I manage my daughters account and she got a text from pm stating the subject line... is this ligit?

686 REPLIES 686

Mandeepkainth
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

i received a phone message today,

It says i will get 5gb data if i will write YES and send back. I got this message from 5179.

Is it right message?

TCY
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I got this one too. I'm on the $10 plan and the message came from 5179

PMDad

I see - that makes sense. Thanks.

Lowufo
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I just got the text. 1gb and 1000mins text one two of four lines so far.  I have the $15 plans

Just 5 minutes ago received this 1000 min / 1Gb offer on our two accounts. Both are $15 plans. Interestingly it was very close if not the same day in August last year that all existing customers received a 1 Gb data gift.

AE_Collector

kb_mv
Mayor / Maire

@PMDad $10 and $15 plans get 1GB/1000mins offer. Higher plans get 5GB offer. All in BC and AB.

DOA

I just got the text. 1gb and 1000mins.  I have the $15 plan.

PMDad

Hmm, I noticed that others are receiving the 5Gb of add-on data promo, however, I only received a 1GB offer - despite the fact that our family has 4 accounts with PM.

What gives?

Anonymous
Not applicable

One $10 plan done. 1GB 1000 minutes.

Waiting on the other.

Thank you Public Mobile.

@nyx82 Got 1gb data and 1000mins offer from this number. Have a 15$ plan. It seems legit. @Julia_T Great! Thank you! Way to go PM!😍

Julia_T

Hi @nyx82 , this is Julia from Public Mobile confirming that it is legit! A thank you for choosing to stay with Public. If you accepted, our team behind the scenes will apply your bonus data within the next week 🙂 

Woohoo! I love Pm! Free goodies....thx Pm! Must be august free gift time!

Julia_T

Hi @jukos , this is Julia from Public Mobile confirming that it is legit! A thank you for choosing to stay with Public. Our team behind the scenes will apply your bonus data within the next week 🙂 

chad2001

Cheaper plans ($10/$15) get offered 1000 minutes and 1 GB.  More expensive plans get offered 5 GB data.  Sweet deal!  

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

I received a similar one as well a hour ago and I have a $10 plan.  But my offer is 1GB data and 1000 Canada wide minutes.  Thanks PM.

BTW, PM is using short code 5179 to offer migration deal to PM subscribers to switch to Koodo.  $50 7GB full LTE data + $0 phone on tab S to tab XL.

Last week, I also received email offer (Win Back) to the email addresses from my old canceled accounts.

scadaman
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

My wife and I got similar messages except our offers were for 1 GB data and 1000 Canada wide minutes.

@NQP-Click wrote:

I am pretty sure this is targeted to BC and Alberta

Yes, that is the case.

NQP-Click

I am pretty sure this is targeted to BC and Alberta residence because PM and Telus are losing customers to a large cable/internet company's new mobile service. $0 a month is a pretty good deal. Will a one-time 5 GB bonus keep many people away from that?

Lowufo

I haven’t got that text on any of my four lines with Public Mobile. Wonder if you need to be on a plan larger than the $15 plan my phones are on. 

nyx82

Thanks. I will give that try.

@kb_mv wrote:

@ShawnC13 I never get targeted in a "good" way lol.

@kb_mv, yeah me either lol

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

@ShawnC13 I never get targeted in a "good" way lol.

@kb_mv wrote:

Is everyone receiving this offer in BC and AB?

It is targeted so it could depend what plan you are on and what offer you get

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Male_individual

AB here , got the message ($40 plan, signed up 11Aug20)

Is everyone receiving this offer in BC and AB?

hilaary

Received the same text. I'm on the $25 plan

@Anonymous wrote:

I got all excited when I heard my notifications. Oh. Just the boring ccts thing.

Still no freebies here.

I got that one as well lol.  Hoping to get it for my kids $15 plans but who knows

DSM18

I presume it is legit, all 3 lines in the family received the same text message.

After responding YES, another text was received with the response:

"Good Choice! Confirming you have opted in for your bonus one-time add-on. You'll get a confirmation SMS when it's on your account. See in Self-Serve by 31-Aug-20"

Sound legit.

@gblackma  and others this is a LEGIT text from PM

Male_individual

$40 plan , got the message too. Signed up with PM 11Aug2020

Need Help? Let's chat.