cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

free add on for Holidays, don't work

Katjarri
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I tried call to Russia, but it says I can't, because "talk is not included in my current plan", but free add-on were activated. My current plan - 50$.

12 REPLIES 12

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

Yes, the 400 LD minutes is for calling from Canada.  You would need to purchase a US roaming add-on. Here is a list of the roaming add-ons which are valid 10 days from purchase.

For 10 Days

U.S. Talk, Text and 250 MB Data bundle: $20
U.S. Talk and Text Bundle: $15
U.S. Talk Only: $8
U.S. Text Only: $8
U.S. Data Only: 250MB for $10, 500MB for $15, 1GB for $20

Yes..the 400 minutes only work when the call originates in Canada.

PM has a 10 Day US Roaming talk/text/data add-ons for use while in US. Otherwise your PM network stops at the border. (You may be able to recieve texts but can't reply without the Roaming Add-on)

misannn

did both. still doesnt work. I am in the US by the way. Could that be why?

When you log into your account under add-ons does the 400 LD minutes appear ?

Make sure that you purchased and added it to your account.  Also try rebooting your phone.

misannn

I tried to call a US number and I got the same response

finshipper
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

According to the announcement, the free long distance is for Canada/US only.

How do I get my free 1GB of data and international calling?

To add these add-ons to your account:

1. Log into your Self-Serve account 
  2. Click “Purchase Add-Ons” in My Data & Add-ons section of Overview tab
  3. Select the Free Holiday Giveaway: $0 1GB Add-on and/or Free Holiday Giveaway: $0 400min INTL Long Distance (incl CA & US). It’s up to you if you want one or both!
  4. Click “Buy Add-Ons” at the bottom of your screen.

Well, he will have to be EXTREMELY PATIENT waiting for a call to go through to Russia on Public Mobile.

AE_Collector

thegreatSavaage
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

hey! so you just gotta be a little patient, they will work! since pubic mobile doesnt have customer service and everrything is dealt with online, it just takes a little longer! be patient 🙂

totalUser
Mayor / Maire

When I had to call Russia I remember using telbo and hotvoip, when you load the account the funds never expire and hotvoip had sip settings so you can use it as one of your dial out accounts on your smart phone. Then when you dial out you can choose which dialing account you want to use. If you look at my call history you can see that I dialed out some using public mobile and some using Hotvoip. Now it's hit and miss on data connection but it always goes through when your WiFi is strong, so totally depends on the quality of data/WiFi. The call quality is pretty acceptable for the price. I believe it was about 1-2 cents per minute. Telbo had 90 days free than it would use the balance, but I think it's long gone after sanctions.Screenshot_20191206-114317.png

Screenshot_20191206-114254.png

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

As an alternative - you could purchase a LD calling card or use wi-fi apps like Skype, WhatsAppp or TextNow.

Katjarri

Thank you!

totalUser
Mayor / Maire

Sorry Russia is not included. The list is very short.

International countries include: Canada, China, France, Germany, Hong Kong, India, Italy, South Korea, Malaysia, Mexico, Poland, Portugal, Puerto Rico, Singapore, Spain, Thailand, United Kingdom, United States, and Venezuela.

Need Help? Let's chat.