cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

downgrading of data?!

daredogg
Mayor / Maire

My plan renewed on the 11th, and I noticed that my 3GB of data has been downgraded to 3G from LTE. What's up with that?!  I didn't change my plan, and I didn't receive any sort of notice that PM would be switching me from LTE to 3G. Has anyone else noticed this on their account? My plan was set up in August 2016 and I'm paying $111 every 90 days.

Screen Shot 2018-07-12 at 3.01.23 PM.png

9 REPLIES 9

torontokris
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@daredogg wrote:

Robot Embarassed Oops, I'm a little embarrassed! I misread 3GB of data as 3G service! Robot surprised

I sent a message to the moderator team as well, so I'll at least get the answer if I have LTE or not. My guess is yes, since I regularly see LTE on my phone. Thanks everyone for the speedy responses and for making me aware of the error of my ways! Robot wink 

Showing LTE on your phone is NOT an indication that you have LTE. The 3G speed plans are actually still on the LTE network just capped speeds to ~ 3mbps. LTE Lite I call it

Howver your billing does not seem to indicate your on a 3G speed plan as it would say.

daredogg
Mayor / Maire

Robot Embarassed Oops, I'm a little embarrassed! I misread 3GB of data as 3G service! Robot surprised

I sent a message to the moderator team as well, so I'll at least get the answer if I have LTE or not. My guess is yes, since I regularly see LTE on my phone. Thanks everyone for the speedy responses and for making me aware of the error of my ways! Robot wink 

torontokris
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@daredogg wrote:

My plan renewed on the 11th, and I noticed that my 3GB of data has been downgraded to 3G from LTE. What's up with that?!  I didn't change my plan, and I didn't receive any sort of notice that PM would be switching me from LTE to 3G. Has anyone else noticed this on their account? My plan was set up in August 2016 and I'm paying $111 every 90 days.

You have 3GB of data. Not 3G speed. How many GB of data did you have before?

koimr1
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Acekiller wrote:

does it show 3G on your phone?

This wouldn't indicate anything in this situation - PM's "3G" is actually 4G/LTE that's been throttled to near-3G speeds. If his phone said 4G/LTE before it'll continue saying it. 🙂

Acekiller

does it show 3G on your phone?

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@daredogg wrote:

If this was switched to 3G speeds it would have a 3G listed behind the 3GB portion.  I don't think you have been downgraded at all.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

smp99

Yes - looks like you are on a 3GigaByte plan - or 1GB/30 days. Not 3G speed. 

Smiley Happy

MoreYummy
Mayor / Maire

This should not happen if no plan change.

However on your picture, it doesnt show 3G speed.  Only 3G of data.  

What was the original look like?

Need Help? Let's chat.