cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

does Unlimited Talk Canada-wide means I could call any canada number at any location inside Canada?

nimenkanne
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I have this plan(https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/plans/25for500MB-3Gspeed) indicates Unlimited Talk Canada-wide

Does this mean it will be free to call/receive any Canada numbers at any location inside Canada without worries about long distance fee? 

The reason I asked is becauuse I live in Toronto and when call a Tobermory number, the phone told me something like "long distance fee may charge"

10 REPLIES 10

Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Cool thanks for the history lesson I discovered the phone number when I was a kid “you’ve reached the non working local of the government of Canada please consult your directory” 

100% YES I did in Edmonton I live in Vancouver 

jimbobs
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Simple answer is yes.

In the 80’s I knew the person who had that number. 604-666 was a Vancouver Centrex exchange and the 6000 group (and likely other 1000 blocks as well) was assigned to Federal Governemnt offices in Vancouver. The guy in charge of government telecom was in the right spot to pick his number so 604 666-6666 was it! As a BC Tel business systems installer I dealt with him a lot putting new phone systems in their buildings during the 80’s which was when all the big conversions from electro-mechanical switching to electronic phone systems was happening.

AE_Collector

You can use your plan anywhere in canada. I went from Vancouver to west Edmonton mall and  it worked but if you don’t want hear a message before your call goes though just dail 1 area code then number example 1-604-666-6666 this a number I use to test my service. Just put 1 and area code. Your plan will work anywhere in Canada 

@AE_Collector The message about how charges may apply message will be heard by all Public Mobile customers if calling a number outside of the local calling area unless the 1 is dialed. The actual plan makes no difference when it comes to that specific message.  The message goes even deeper than just province-wide vs. Canada-wide and affects all Telus cellular customers.

Calls outside your official toll free calling area are still technically Long Distance Calls, it is just that all calls anywhere in Canada are included in your plan without an additional fee. So dialling 1 may help (there is not a problem with putting a 1 in front of every number you dial or have in your directory. Some legacy PM plans had province wide calling thus PM users may get the “Long Distance Charges may apply” message but the details of your plan determine how far you can call within Canada. There is no actual way to bill you a Long Distance charge in any event so you just wouldn’t be able to complete the call.

AE_Collector

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

Yes @nimenkanne to get rid of that messafe dial  a 1 in front of the number. Also add a 1 in front of the numbers in your contact list. Stay safe. 

kb_mv
Mayor / Maire

@nimenkanne You are correct! Anywhere in Canada to or from anywhere in Canada. Try adding a 1 in front of the number you dial to get rid of the message. In any case, no long distance fees.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@nimenkanne , your interpretation is correct.  In a more technical sense, you can call any Canadian number and receive all incoming calls as long as you are connected to the Public Mobile network.  

Need Help? Let's chat.