cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

do old plans live on?

pjstock
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I think my new 90 day cycle began this morning.

Last cycle I was on the 12+6bonusgb = 18 @ 3G speed. And that seems to have just. renewed

But looking through the list of plans, I see that that plan is no longer even offered . Instead the 18gb +1.5bonus seems to be the same price.

Questions.

1) does my old plan just stay valid forever unless I change it?

2) is it then my responsibility to keep watch on an offerings and watch for a better deal and make that change?

3) when do i have to make a change to not lose any days? The day before my cycle renews?

Peter

4 REPLIES 4

kav2001c
Mayor / Maire

1- Your plan would remain the same BUT in terms and conditions Public has the ability to alter your plan. It very rarely happens (maybe 4 times in 10 years?) but when it does there is usually an alternative promo available

NOTHING in life is forever Cat Sad

2- Yes. There have been many posts from upset clients over the years asking why they were left on old plans when a better plan was released.

3- There is an option in plan change to "future date". Choose this. You can make the request for change any day of the month and your plan will then automatically update on your billing date.

dna2016
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@pjstock Great questions.

1) Plans don't necessarily last forever.  As companies update their networks and better phones are introduced, companies tend to want grand-fathered plans updated to newer plans.  Although very very rare, companies can force users to change their plans to newer plans.  But to be hoenst this is very very rare, I'm talking you could potentially have the same plan for up to 10 years possibly.  But again, this could happen at anytime, depends on what the company feels is best.  I remember Rogers used to force customers to change their grand-fathered plans when customers would want to upgrade their phones.

2) It's your responsibility to stay up to date on new plan offers.  Don't expect to get any emails or texts.  But to be honest if you're on the community page even once every 2 weeks then you won't miss out on anything.  Also, if you hear that other companies have offers then it's a matter of time before PM has an offer.

3) I recommend having your plan scheduled to change right before your next payment date.

danlee
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

1)  Yes, even though old plan no longer offer, as long as you keep your plan, it will still be valid for you but once you change your plan, you won't be able to get your old plan back.

2) Yes

3)  Before your payment date.. e.g. if it's on the 30th of each month, do it before 30th so as you will not experience service disruption. 

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@pjstock, once you sign up for a plan, you can keep it even if it's no longer offered.  With respect to new promotions, it's up to the customer to keep track of them.  Public Mobile cannot decide what is a better plan for you.  If you do find something better and want to change, the easiest solution is to select the new plan and future date the change for next renewal.  You don't lose any usage credits this way and the selected plan is locked in.

Need Help? Let's chat.