cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

disable voicemail

renforth
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi there,

I just joined PM. My plan doesn't includes any voice. However when someone called my number , it goes to some voicemail, which I can't check it anyway. Is there any way I can disable the voicemail?I really don't want anyone think I will check the message. Thanks

23 REPLIES 23

tyvc
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Thank you I will do that.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@tyvc 

Voicemail inherently uses call forwarding. Call forward to a fake number or use extended absence and turn off recording ability.

tyvc
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I came looking for just this solution and pity we have to stoop to these secondary methods why can't public mobile simply have the option. I just joined and all the year's other providers I simply call them and voicemail is gone, if I need to answer my phone I do if I don't I don't want spam voicemails.

read @srlawren's post here:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Getting-Started/Re-Disable-Voicemail/m-p/213805/highl...

And for completeness and easy reference, here is a picture of the menu system:

9fig4.png 

source: "Adding an Extended Absence Greeting" section of 

How To Use Your Phone and Plan Features

A couple of alternatives:

1. Disable VM through the Call Forwarding options on your phone. Read the following: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Discussions/Disable-Voicemail/m-p/178587#M53620
  2. Extend the ringing time as long as possible. Read the following: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Discussions/Disable-Voicemail/m-p/178587#M53620

HTH

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@wj942 I detailed the procedure in both directions over here:  https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Getting-Started/Re-Disable-Voicemail/m-p/213805/highl...

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

@wj942, there is still a message played for those who get forwarded to the voice mail.  You can do the steps listed above in a similar fashion.  Just listen to the prompts to remove the extended greeting.

wj942

@s2scotty wrote:

I believe,,,

Call your PM telephone number from any  touch tone phone. Let it ring through to the voicemail prompt. While the answer prompt is running, hit "*" (asterisk). It'll pause a bit, then ask for your password. Enter the password that you have established for voicemail.

Once you're in the voicemail system,,,

Choose Greetings (3), then navigate to the "Extended Absence Greeting" (EAG) sub-option, then record anything you like (eg. "You have reached a data plan only subscriber. Sorry", then choose option "5" -- which will NOT allow callers to leave a message after hearing the EAG.

This effectively disables VM messages AND helps guide those that may call you.

Can I do this and later return to having my voicemail operational as it was before?  If there's no voicemail prompt after doing the above then perhaps I would not be able to access the menus mentioned (via the asterisk) and change the settings back to how they were.

mlepard

@renforth,  could you describe the solution you received from @Shazia_K?

Kalla_A
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hello @mlepard,

It is unfortunately not possible to disable voicemail from our service. 

Have you seen @Luddite's suggestion earlier in this thread? He was showing to disable voicemail on an Android. Could you give that a try?

Thanks,

Kalla

renforth

You have to contact PM moderator.They are very helpful and knowledgeable.

mlepard

I'm having the same issue.  I have a data only plan and occaisonally somone (robocall?) will phone and leave a message I can't delete because I have only data.  

I want to disable voicemail so I don't get the annoying VM icon in Android for 10 days until the VM is deleted by the system.

What is the solution to the problem?  Do I have to contact a PM moderator here?

Thanks

renforth

Thank you Shazia! 

Shazia_K
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

@renforth

Please check your private messages, once you get a chance 😉

Thanks,

Shazia

* Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum.

Shazia_K
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

@renforth

Perfect! thanks ! I will get back to you shortly, please keep an eye on your community inbox 🙂

Thanks,

Shazia

* Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum.

renforth

Thanks Shazia, I changed my number last night. Just PMed you the new number.

renforth

Well, the VM works without any setting, if anyone call me , it goes to VM and ask to leave a message. I even got notified icon after the new message. However I can't access these messages and I don't know who ever called. 

Well @renforth if you have not set up voicemail at least no one is leaving messages. 

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

Shazia_K
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hello @renforth

I'm sorry to hear about this, 

I have received your private message and I will reply shortly!

Thanks,

Shazia

renforth

Hi, there,

The problem is I can't access the voicemail.If I call from my own phone, It says voice is not included.If I call from another number, the VM asks me to call from my own phone to setup VM first. It seems I'm stuck here.

s2scotty
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I believe,,,

Call your PM telephone number from any  touch tone phone. Let it ring through to the voicemail prompt. While the answer prompt is running, hit "*" (asterisk). It'll pause a bit, then ask for your password. Enter the password that you have established for voicemail.

Once you're in the voicemail system,,,

Choose Greetings (3), then navigate to the "Extended Absence Greeting" (EAG) sub-option, then record anything you like (eg. "You have reached a data plan only subscriber. Sorry", then choose option "5" -- which will NOT allow callers to leave a message after hearing the EAG.

This effectively disables VM messages AND helps guide those that may call you.

On continuing to consider your question I think my earlier post will stop your phone from acknowledging calls but the caller will still get voicemail.

I don't think there is any way to prevent this. When I call my sister's phone I get the option to leave a voicemail even though she has a data only plan. 

Hopefully, someone else will have better idea.

Luddite
Oracle
Oracle

In this thread: Data only plan - received voicmail I found the Android method to disable voicemail is to turn off telephone service:

Settings -> Apps -> All -> Telephony Service 

If not Android, what make/model is your phone?

Need Help? Let's chat.