cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

dial international long distance calls

publicy
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

How to make international long distance calls from another phone without taking up minutes on Public phone plan?

11 REPLIES 11

totalUser
Mayor / Maire

I think I understand now

Do you have limited monthly minutes in Canada? 

This ld minutes are separate it's not like with speakout wireless where you use your minute and the long distance on top, you are either using your 50/100 or if you call outside you are NOT using your 50/100 but your 400 minutes.

Also if you run out of your 50/100 you can use your 400 as Canada is one of dedications.

This is NOT like a calling card to dial in, it's just extra minutes that are valid beyond Canadian numbers 

For cheap/free calling to other designations not listed here check out internetcalls or nonoh, both can be used in native smartphone dialer 

@publicy wrote:

How to make international long distance calls from another phone without taking up minutes on Public phone plan?

If you're using another phone, then you wouldn't be using the Public Mobile service.  Public Mobile's long distance minutes cannot be used on another company's service.

As for make long distance calls to countries includes with the add-on that you have, it will always use those minutes to make these calls if you're making these calls using your Public Mobile plan.

PAULRANG18
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Hairbag1 has nailed it.

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@publicy wrote:

@publicy  You can't unless you use third party apps over Wi-Fi like Google Duo etc.

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@publicy wrote:

This post confused me lol

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

totalUser
Mayor / Maire

Hi

If you have unlimited incoming you can use internetcalls, they provide service called phone2phone where you dial your phone and the destination phone simultaneously from the browser

Here's a list of countries you can call....

Included countries: Canada, China, France, Germany, Greece, Hong Kong, India, Italy, South Korea, Malaysia, Mexico, Poland, Portugal, Puerto Rico, Singapore, Spain, Thailand, United Kingdom, United States, and Venezuela.

iliusfaisal
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Just add the country code before the number to call.

FYI,

You can only make the calls to the countries which are included to PM's list

@publicy wrote:

400 long-distance mins in my plan, wonder how to make the calls

If you have the 400 minutes of International calling on your account...go ahead and make the call. Which country are you wanting to call ?

publicy
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

400 long-distance mins in my plan, wonder how to make the calls

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@publicy wrote:

No can do unless you use a voip app and make the call using your wifi.

Need Help? Let's chat.