cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

data

mjd1
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

i got messages that i was almost out of data although i had only used 2GB and my plan is for 5GB..

3 REPLIES 3

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Thecrimson1919 wrote:

Your phone should have options for data notifications as well. My thought was that the phone's notifications are still set to what your prior plan included or went to a default

@mjd1  this info from @Thecrimson1919 is the most likely cause of the message you're seeing.

It's going to vary from phone to phone where to find this setting, but on my OnePlus 5T, I go to the main settings app (tap the cog in the notification shade, or in your app drawer). then tap on Wi-Fi & internet, then Data usage, then Billing cycle, and in there is an on/off toggle for the warning, a setting for when to give me the warning, and then another on/off setting for "auto-disconnect from network" (once the data limit I set has been reached), and the data limit amount for disconnection.

Here's what it looks like for me with both settings turned on (though I usually have them off):

Screenshot_20190305-141537.jpg

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

Thecrimson1919
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

@mjd1 wrote:

i got messages that i was almost out of data although i had only used 2GB and my plan is for 5GB..

Were the messages directly from public mobile? Your phone should have options for data notifications as well. My thought was that the phone's notifications are still set to what your prior plan included or went to a default

Mine updated automatically to the new billing dates when I switched...but it defaulted to 2.5GB. or was already at 2.5 from before.

Lieux
Oracle
Oracle

You can see your usage history for your data in your self serve account @mjd1 in tab PLAN/ADD-ONS in USAGE HISTORY...it will be more clear where your data are gone.

On the first page you can see too but with no details....example..3500/5000Mb it means you already used 3500Mb and you have 1500Mb left...If nothing is written you have spent every data in your account.

Need Help? Let's chat.