cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

data usage/data remaining

mkhochta
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi everyone,

I am trying to see how much data remining and how much I used.
I have checked some of the related questions. They all say you can see it in "My Data & Add ons section" or the overview page, and if you cant see it then you have used all your data.

I cannot see how much data remining in both location but I have not used all my data because I can still browse on my phone without issues.

Thanks

37 REPLIES 37

@mkhochta 

There might be small descrepancy between actual data use and the PM data tracker in self service account.  Generally speaking, once you do not see the data add on in your overview page, your data is used up.  It is possible that there might be a tiny amount of data still left to use once your add on just becomes not visible.  

You could install a data tracking app if you wanted to.  Or look at the usage history in your self service account and total the numbers.  There is also time stamp on data usage, etc.  

mkhochta
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I made sure I checked that I was not using wifi (I am 100% certain about this). I knew I was at 98% of my data or so. I checked after an hour of posting this and I was still able to use data. Shortly after that, my data was completely depleted (I test it by opening a new tab in chrome and search some random stuff that I have not searched today (to avoid getting cached pages).

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@mkhochta wrote:

Hi everyone,

I am trying to see how much data remining and how much I used.
I have checked some of the related questions. They all say you can see it in "My Data & Add ons section" or the overview page, and if you cant see it then you have used all your data.

I cannot see how much data remining in both location but I have not used all my data because I can still browse on my phone without issues.

Thanks

As already said by everyone here, if you don't see the data line in your overview page, the data has been used up.  Unfortunately PM just removes the feature of your plan that has been depleted rather than show that to be case.

Of course you can still browse if you're using a wifi connection.  You may want to take a look at what apps may be using a lot of data during updates.  You can enable your apps to only update during a wifi connection and restrict background data in your settings.  This will allow you to use less of your plan data.  Or the alternative is buy an add-on data $10/200 mb or $30/1GB (expensive) which will tide you over until your renewal.  The good thing about the add-ons is that any remaining amounts will roll over every month until fully depleted.

TheOldVR
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

It is odd behaviour but yes - if you don't see data there then you've used it all up!

This had me confused for a bit till I saw a post in the forum....

Good news is that you can buy an add-on if you need it, you should also be able to see what used up your data on your phone.

Good luck!

Are you connected to WiFi to browse? That is different than cellular data.

If you don't see data listed on your overview page, then the data has run out.

Your browser may have cached data which you're seeing from previous visits to whatever pages are in your history.

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

You can log into your self serve account and next to data and add ons click on my usuage.  If you don't see it then you have used up your data.

Wonder_why
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

login your account you can view it 

Need Help? Let's chat.