cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

data network not working

t73medc
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi,

My data network has not been working for a month now.  Can someone help me?

Thanks,

karen

20 REPLIES 20

@Minab  given the current situation consider  temporararily switching up to the $50 hybrid plan that I mentioned above. Here is an article on switching plans

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/change-your-plan

You get 4 gigs more data than the $40 plan. 

@Minab  for some reason, addons purchased today seem to mess with your service. Please try these tricks to restart your phone service. You could try in order:
1. Restarting your phone. Turn your phone off, wait 30 seconds and restart.
2.Putting your phone on aeroplane mode for 5 minutes. Take it off and restart.
3.From your self service account enable the lost/ stolen feature log out, wait 5  minutes, log in and take it off. Log out and restart your phone.
4. Add a one time payment and of $1 To your account and restart your phone .

If they fail, use the link that I gave you and add please reset my SIM to to the message you are  sending, or send a new message. Thanks.

Minab
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

@CannonFodder  yes i buy 1GB for $30 as well, but still not working.

Minab

@CannonFodder yes i buy 1 GB for $30 as well, but still not working.

@Minab do not buy the $30 add on before getting back to us. There may be a better way. For instance renew early by upgrading to the $50 hybrid plan.

Screenshot_20200323-100237.jpg

@Minab wrote:

@gblackma But even i buy the one for $30.

Maybe clarify what you meant - did you buy the In Canada 1GB for $30 add-on as well, or are you asking if that's what you should buy?

@Minab, then you purchased the wrong addon. Contact the moderators and explain what happened. PM is a prepaid service and there are no refunds. However, given the current situation, you may get a credit. Since there seems to be a problem with Simon, contact them directly using this private message link.  https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Check your private message sent box (click on the envelope top right of your screen) to make sure the message was sent. Also keep an eye on the envelope, the mods answer will show up there.
You can also enable email notification to receive a private message notification sent to your email.
Go into your community account > my settings > PREFERENCES > Private Messenger > enable "Receive email notifications for new private messages" > Save

After you have done please tell us which plan you are on and why you are trying to buy data. Maybe we can suggest a better way.

@Minab wrote:

@gblackma Oh, no am not in us.

Then in all likelihood, you bought the wrong add-on. Here's the list of add-ons(further down the page, below the plans): https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/plans 

If you look it over, it starts with "In Canada Long Distance", "In Canada Data", and then "US Roaming".....

Minab

@gblackma But even i buy the one for $30.

Minab

@gblackma Oh, no am not in us.

@Minab wrote:

yes it does show, i buy 1GB for 10 days.

@Minab 

Are you in the United states right now?  Did you buy the following?

U.S. Data Only
250MB Data for $10, 500MB Data for $15 and 1GB Data for $20 for 10 days.

If you are in the United states, make sure that your roaming is turned on.  Manually choose either AT&T or T mobile as your carriers.  Reboot your phone.  Network reset.  

@Minab  that is a US roaming addon and will only work if in the US. Are you in the US? If you are, enable roaming and restart your phone.  Thanks.

@Minab hi what add on did you buy?

@Minab  does the purchased add on show up in your self service account? If it does, which add on is it?  If it doesn't, here's a guide on buying add ons https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/purchase-add-ons-through-self-serve . Thanks.

Minab

Hi,

I purchased an add-ons but still not working. What can i do?

@t73medc 

If above suggestions have not worked, maybe more details about your particular situation would be helpful.  Is text working/talk?  Which plan?  What have you tried so far?   Did data work in the past?  Etc.

A few basic things to try: reboot phone, network reset, toggle airplane mode on, then off.  

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@t73medc wrote:

Hi,

My data network has not been working for a month now.  Can someone help me?

Thanks,

karen

@t73medc  If your plan includes data make sure data is turned on and you have the correct APN settings.

APN.PNG

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

What's the make and model of your phone @t73medc ? These are PM's APN settings.  Compare them to yours, and make corrections as necessary. To test your current APN settings, enable data, and send an mms text message. If it works, then they are correct. Thanks. 

Screenshot_20200323-162159.jpg

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

Log into your account to make under sure under data and add-ons that an amount appears.  If there is no amount then it means you have depleted your data and would have to either purchase an add-on or wait until your next renewal.  Try rebooting your phone.

Need Help? Let's chat.