cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

data in build your own plan

DaveMcC
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Does the data "Bonus" for the 6, 12 and 18 GB options in the Build your own Plan section depend on having "Autopay" like in regular plans or is it just a current bonus to promote that amount of data purchase with no autopay requirements ?

9 REPLIES 9

As long as I've been here, the BONUS data listed without AutoPay is exactly that.  It is added to the plan whether or not you use AutoPay.

If you can find a better option in the plan builder than on 30- or 90-day cycle, than the 30-day ready-made plans, go for it.

mh1983
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@GinYVR wrote:

@DaveMcC  I don't think Build your own plans have data bonus on autopay, you do get $2 though. If you look at the prebuilt plan the data bonus is added on explicitly.

This. You'd want to account for data in your plan or use an add on (the latter carries over until you use it up)

GinYVR
Mayor / Maire

@DaveMcC  I don't think Build your own plans have data bonus on autopay, you do get $2 though. If you look at the prebuilt plan the data bonus is added on explicitly.

@bravo_md wrote:

It would work just the same.

Things at Public Mobile don't always work as expected. It depends on how the system has things coded.  All we can say for sure is that the advertising makes no mention of an autopay requirement for the data bonus when making a build-your-own plan.

bravo_md
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

It would work just the same.

DaveMcC
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

The regular plans specify you must have autopay but the build your own data section does not. Does it specify this anywhere else on the website or is it just an assumption that would work the same?

@DaveMcC wrote:

Does the data "Bonus" for the 6, 12 and 18 GB options in the Build your own Plan section depend on having "Autopay" like in regular plans or is it just a current bonus to promote that amount of data purchase with no autopay requirements ?

I do believe that Public Moible intended to advertise such bonus in the plan builder to require autopay, just as with the Ready-Made plans.  However, you're correct that it doesn't say that.

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@DaveMcC wrote:

@DaveMcC  In order to get the Data bonus you must have AutoPay enabled.

bravo_md
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Data bonus is with auto pay. 

Need Help? Let's chat.