cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

data add on

sherry-s
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I just added on 1 GB of data (for $30) however it does not show up on my account overview. Is there usually a delay between when one pays and when the data shows up on the account (and is available)?

Also, how does one switch from a 30 day plan to a 90 day plan? Is there a particular time in the billing cycle when it is best to do that? Perhaps I should wait until the day BEFORE when I am due to make the next payment? I'm afraid that if I switch to a 90 day plan half way through my 30 day plan, I will have lost the value of 1/2 of that 30 days. Does it get pro-rated at all?

Thanks heaps, Sherry

9 REPLIES 9

sherry-s

Please ignore my last question abot tags...go it figured out.

sherry-s

How do I add "tags" so that other folks might be able to find these answers in case they have the same questions?

sherry-s

Thanks. Regarding the data add on, I thought when I had selected the amount of data I wanted , then added the funds, that I had purchased it. Apparently not. So I just logged back in and actually bought the data.  As for the 30 day vs 90 day plan, I thought that I could just switch my ready made plan over to a 90 day option...not so much. Could not get as good a deal with the "build a plan" option so will stick with my 30 day ready made plan, IF I have plans to switch in the future I will know to tick the "on next billing cycle" option. Your info was very helpful. Problems solved.

sherry-s

Thank you. Very helpful.

sherry-s

Thank you. Very helpful

@dna2016, until the plan builder is removed, the 90-day plans are still accessible.

The plan builder is a pick-up-to-three choice of services, on a 30 or 90-day cycle.  Sometimes there are deals for the 90-day choice, but they are rare now.

If @sherry-s wishes to choose a 90-day cycle, it is their option to do so.

Ready-made plans are not for everyone.

dna2016
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@sherry-s , to avoid any issues, hassles, worries, concerns, uncertainties, etc., I recommend you have your plan changed at the next renewal, don't choose immediate.  If you choose immediate then everything associated with your base plan, not your add-ons, will be forfeited and your new plan will take place.  Also, you'll need to pay for the new plan and the money you already paid for the previous plan will also be forfeited.  So in my opinion don't waste your money and your sanity by switching immediately. 

In regards to the 30 day vs. 90 day, it looks like PM is looking to get rid of 90 day plans, so if you don't see a 90 day option when you go to change your plan, it's because those options have been removed, there may be just a couple plans left that offer 90 day, but I believe most of the plans now are only 30 day options.  You can't contact a MOD to ask for an exception to a 90 day, you'll just have to get used to this 30 day.

Regarding the 1GB you just added, I suggest you log out of My Account and log back in, but generally it should show immediately when purchased unless you chose to have it added on a later date as opposed to immediately.

@sherry-s, for the change of plan, set it up before your plan renews, at least 2 days before renewal, as making changes on payment day can or renewal day can cause problems.

Ensure you use the option as noted above, to 'change on next renewal' so you do not lose any value in your current service.  If you are on autopay, there should be no issue.

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@sherry-s wrote:

I just added on 1 GB of data (for $30) however it does not show up on my account overview. Is there usually a delay between when one pays and when the data shows up on the account (and is available)?

Also, how does one switch from a 30 day plan to a 90 day plan? Is there a particular time in the billing cycle when it is best to do that? Perhaps I should wait until the day BEFORE when I am due to make the next payment? I'm afraid that if I switch to a 90 day plan half way through my 30 day plan, I will have lost the value of 1/2 of that 30 days. Does it get pro-rated at all?

Thanks heaps, Sherry

Purchasing an add-on is a two step process. You need to add the funds to your account and then purchase the add-on.

As for the plan change, you have the option of changing your plan immediately or on the next renewal date. The best approach is to select next renewal date. That way you don't lose any of the funds that you paid for you current plan.

Hope this helps.

Edit: a good reference on how to purchase add-ons can be found here

Need Help? Let's chat.