cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

data add on for Caribbean

viewfinder
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

How do I add data only to my plan so that I can use data only in the Caribbean?

7 REPLIES 7

Anonymous
Not applicable

@geopublic wrote:

@viewfinder  Public does not offer roaming data add-ons for the Carribean. Best to check Amazon and purchase a prepaid SIM or purchase a local sim from the airport once you arrive 

Last I checked, Puerto Rico and some islands to the east that are also included are considered to be in the Carribean.

So admittedly the OP asked way too broad a question.

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@viewfinder  Public does not offer roaming data add-ons for the Carribean. Best to check Amazon and purchase a prepaid SIM or purchase a local sim from the airport once you arrive 

gpixel
Mayor / Maire

@viewfinder 

• login to your self serve
  • click the plans add-ons tab
  • click on my add-ons

there are 3 different us roaming data add-ons to choose from

$10/250mb

$15/500mb

$20/1gb

*be sure to add money(credit) to the account as "available funds" before choosing the add-on you would like

you can also dial 611

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

You would need to either pu6 a local sim or use Gigsky.  If you have access then you could use Wi-Fi.

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

@viewfinder  only add-on is the USA roaming add-on which covers these places.

Your U.S. coverage will include all 50 states, plus Puerto Rico and the US Virgin Islands. So, whether you are travelling to the snow-capped mountains in Alaska or to Hawaii’s sunny beaches, we will have you covered.

Other than those places there are no other options that Public Mobile has available.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@viewfinder 

There are no data add ons for the Caribbean. You must get a local sim.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@viewfinder wrote:

How do I add data only to my plan so that I can use data only in the Caribbean?

For the few American protectorates that would have AT&T or T-Mobile, you need to deposit money into your account and then buy the data-only roaming add-ons. Then make sure you have data roaming on in the phone.

Edit: @viewfinder : the coverage maps of both AT&T and T-Mobile show what's available for the area.

I wonder if any folks here have had experience with Public Mobile on other islands that aren't mentioned in the add-on blurb. But show on AT&T as "off-net" under international.

Need Help? Let's chat.