cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

create own plan

kerrykerry
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi,

I would like to create my own plan that ONLY offers unlimited Canada wide calling (so no texting). The prices comes to $30/month, which seems too high consider that public mobiles offeres a $25/month plan that DOES include texting. Is there any way to ONLY get unlimited minutes for the $25 or less?

Thanks!

17 REPLIES 17

@ChuckYeah wrote:

@mimmo That's fair. I just came from telus where my 4Gb lte plan was $65 so either way, PM is where I want to be.

If you want to save, PM is good.  You just have to be ok with the 3g speed on most plans. 

@mimmo That's fair. I just came from telus where my 4Gb lte plan was $65 so either way, PM is where I want to be.

@mimmo As I had said it depends on the use case. I see since LTE+ is a bigger leap in speeds compared to throttled 3G, there are use cases if speed is a need for a lot of tiktokking or Facebook Live, I see the difference is worth it. The problem is LTE+ is still limited to a small selection of recent phones.

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@GinYVR wrote:
@ChuckYeahI think it depends on the use case and what phones the person have.. if one has the latest phones eg the Xs or Galaxy 10 which supports LTE+ I would see $17 is a good investment.

@GinYVR  I disagree, for most people the 3g is fsast enough for needs, no matter what phone you have.

@ChuckYeah  Public is a 3rd tier provider competing with chatr and lucky who only provide 3g service, I do not think they want to be seen competeing with koodo.  If you want full lte speeds I believe they would prefer you moving to koodo or telus, thus the lack of full lte speed promos. 

@ChuckYeah I think it depends on the use case and what phones the person have.. if one has the latest phones eg the Xs or Galaxy 10 which supports LTE+ I would see $17 is a good investment.

Sure but it's $17 a reasonable cost to go from 3G to lte on 4 Gb? Not criticizing, just asking?

@ChuckYeah  there is an option ,you can build your own plan.

Why isn't there options for an lte plan? Or even an lte upgrade charge? Does PM pay more for lte usage?

Also note; the $15 plan includes 100 outgoing minutes + unlimited incoming minutes

As someone else pointed out the +$5 for 500 additional minutes would give you a total of 600 outgoing and unlimited incoming minutes

(plus again includes text and even data if on autopay)

That is also a better option than the basic $25 imo

@kerrykerry 

kav2001c
Mayor / Maire

@kerrykerry 

$30 per month gives you unlimited Canada wide talk, unlimited international txt, and 1.5GB of 3G data

I wouldn't pay $30 for a talk + txt only package

@kerrykerry wrote:

Hi,

I would like to create my own plan that ONLY offers unlimited Canada wide calling (so no texting). The prices comes to $30/month, which seems too high consider that public mobiles offeres a $25/month plan that DOES include texting. Is there any way to ONLY get unlimited minutes for the $25 or less?

Thanks!

Psygineer
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@kerrykerry wrote:

Hi,

Thanks!

Just province wide calling was $20 before it was discontinued (although I have heard you can still find it in the builder). For $5 more you get your Canada-wide along with text and data. I'd say since you seem willing to spend $25 for a calling only plan, why not just take the $25 talk and text plan and just not use the text or data part. My parents phone has no texting and if I try to send them a text it appears to me like it sent, but they do not get it. Having the texting option available on the phone, at least if someone texts you (thinking you have texting) you will get it versus them just thinking you got it and ignored them.

@kerrykerry wrote:

Hi,

Thanks!

If you need unlimited Canada-wide minutes, I would strongly suggest taking the $25 Ready-made plan that includes talk, text, and data.   Not only will not receive a discount for not taking text messaging and data, you never know if and when you may wish to use those features in the future.  Data can be turned off at the device level and notifications for incoming text meesages can also be disabled.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@kerrykerry , ready made plans have pretty much made plan builder useless.  Strange as it may seem, the ready made plans have a price that is lower and does not align with the plan builder.  Only use plan builder for full speed LTE plans because there's no ready made plan option for it.  

@mimmo wrote:

@hairbag1 it depends on how my much one plans to talk. But yes that is an option, and one I am trying with one of the accounts I manage. 

Even if you make frequent Canada wide calls ...it's still a great deal if you need 2 X 500 minutes ($10) in 30 day cycle.

mimmo

@hairbag1 it depends on how my much one plans to talk. But yes that is an option, and one I am trying with one of the accounts I manage. 

@mimmo wrote:

@kerrykerry  no the price you see is what is available.  But you could get the 15$ plan with 100 minutes outgoing, unlimited incoming, texting and some data, and buy the 500 min Canada addon for 5$

How about the $10 plan, then get the 500 minutes of Canada wide calling for $5. Those 500 minutes don't expire after 30 days, but roll over until you use them up.

mimmo

@kerrykerry  no the price you see is what is available.  But you could get the 15$ plan with 100 minutes outgoing, unlimited incoming, texting and some data, and buy the 500 min Canada addon for 5$

Need Help? Let's chat.