cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

conflicting info on my account pages

Skidood
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

My account auto-renewed in January and I cannot tell if the data add-on I purchased in December was automatically added.

I recently received a text from PM indicating I had reached 75% of my data allowance.  If that is actually accurate, it means the data add-on was not added when the 90-day term renewed.  Why not?

In my account, the data usage page shows that my 1 GB data ad-on is "Active"

ss.jpg

Wow, maybe it was actually automatically added.....Oh wait, on my transactions page, no line item for the data add-on is shown.

ss.jpg

I like the cheap service but absolutely hate how the self serve portal is designed.  Its actually beyond ridiculous.  I should not have to post a big message here just to find out what services I currently have.  

12 REPLIES 12

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Skidood are you on a "3G" speed data plan?  (here's how to tell, if your'e not sure:  https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Plans-Add-Ons/How-to-tell-data-plan-speed/m-p/173079/... If you are, then please note there is a glitch that affects some/most 3G data accounts upon renewal, where the data amount does not reset back to zero on your plan data at time of renewal.  If you think this may have happened to you, please reach out to the moderator team via private message for assistance.  Here are the details you need to know should you need to do so:

Spoiler
How can you get help with your account, activation, or service?In your message please include:
  • PM Phone Number, 4 digit PIN, Account email address, Detailed explanation of your issue
Don't know your pin?--provide any 3 of the following:
  • Complete mailing address, Email address, Alternate phone number, Date of birth, Last top up date & amount
How long until they reply?:
  • Office Hours: Mon-Friday 9am to 9pm, and Saturday & Sunday from 9am to 7:00pm [Toronto Time].
  • Messages are replied to during business hours and in the order they are received
  • Typical response time is between 1-3 hours, depending on message queue, but can be up to 48 hours.
  • There is no need to send multiple messages.
Additional Useful Information:
  • Search PM-GUIDE (remove "-" during the search) to find some informative posts and answers to many common questions about Public Mobile

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

Korth
Mayor / Maire

lol you folks use a lot of data.

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Skidoodwrote:

WOW...my page does not include the base plan data like yours does.

Untitled.jpg

Clicking plan details to see additional plan details as in Luddites

@Skidoodwrote:

Nope...the overview page only shows data used up from the add-on, not data used up from the data included in my plan.  I am thinking it is not shown anywhere ...and yes I already have a data usage app on my phone....maybe PM should provide one if they can't provide customer account details to their own paying customers....I'm not being a pissy piss-ant, I just think this goes below the minimum level of due diligence for a company....truly worthy of a 1 star review wherever I can post one if I have the time, which I dont.    Is it wrong to post a terrible review of a company and still continue to use it's services or is that being hypocritical?  

If the data from the base plan does not show up in the overview, it means all that data has been used up.  It is a quirk of the system that when 100% usage level is reached, it no longer shows up in the overview. 

matbasm
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Skidood, I don't think it is hypocritical, but if you think the service is that bad, then why would you stay?  I'm guessing it is because of PM pricing.  Therefore, the pricing should have some more significant weight on your rating of PM, no?

Just my 2 cents.

Skidood

WOW...my page does not include the base plan data like yours does.

Untitled.jpg

Skidood

Nope...the overview page only shows data used up from the add-on, not data used up from the data included in my plan.  I am thinking it is not shown anywhere ...and yes I already have a data usage app on my phone....maybe PM should provide one if they can't provide customer account details to their own paying customers....I'm not being a pissy piss-ant, I just think this goes below the minimum level of due diligence for a company....truly worthy of a 1 star review wherever I can post one if I have the time, which I dont.    Is it wrong to post a terrible review of a company and still continue to use it's services or is that being hypocritical?  

It should look similar to mine; base plan just renewed with data add-on carried over.

Data usage image.jpeg

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@Skidood, take a look at the overview page.  The status of your add-on should also be noted there.  The information in the overview page should match with what you have provided in the usage table.  As already mentioned, add-ons do not renew, they carry over.  You just need to make sure the unused portion is being carriered over correctly. 

I've always agreed that the summary of charges on the final bill should be explained in the same language the promo used to sell the product.

simple samplesimple sample

Skidood

OK thats good to know.  Thank you for the fast reply.

Where can I see how much data I have used for the current billing cycle (the 1.5 GB data that comes with my plan, not the add-on amount) ...I can't find this anywhere..

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Skidood, Add ons are not renewed automatically.  In your case, you still have data available (you indicated that you received a text stating that you reached 75%).  That add on does not expire.

Since you already have a data plan, that add-on would only get used up if you go over your data allotment in your plan.  It is just an additional buffer.

Need Help? Let's chat.