cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

complimentary 1GB data add-on expired?

wikevin
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi, a while back I received a complimentary 1GB data add-on.  I'm not sure what the exact name of this add-on was, but I could see it in my account overview for the longest time.  Yesterday, I ran out of data on my normal plan, and was assuming that the complimentary 1GB would kick in, but when I checked my account, I did not see it?  Did it expire?

8 REPLIES 8

@Anonymous wrote:

@dabr wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@wikevin wrote:

Hi, a while back I received a complimentary 1GB data add-on.  I'm not sure what the exact name of this add-on was, but I could see it in my account overview for the longest time.  Yesterday, I ran out of data on my normal plan, and was assuming that the complimentary 1GB would kick in, but when I checked my account, I did not see it?  Did it expire?

Did you get any usage warning texts at 75% and 95%?

I think I've read some posts mention that the usage warnings texts don't always get sent if there is an add-on data on the account.  Don't have personal experience of this though.

On another note, I'll say that I've never seen a usage warning text for the $10 plan when it's depleted the 50 mins available.  Seems to me that some users get a warning, others not.

I understand the possible "bug"...so I asked 🙂

My main account gets both 10 minutes and 10 texts warnings. They are sent from 611. Maybe you're blocking?

@Anonymous   Hmm...interesting that you get the warning, but the alerts from PM are not blocked and all alerts for "heads up texts for payment due/rewards applied/payment received" are received from 611 without any problems. 

I did wonder if having the talk add-on was causing the alert failure similar to perceived "bug" for the data add-on, but I'm quite sure you would have the talk add-on too on your plans, so it's just probably another of those PM random glitches.   Oh well 🙂

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@wikevin wrote:

@wikevin  Yes it kicked in and it disappeared from your landing page because it was all used up. Check the data usage on your phone, looks like you have some data hog apps running that are using all your data.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@dabr wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@wikevin wrote:

I think I've read some posts mention that the usage warnings texts don't always get sent if there is an add-on data on the account.  Don't have personal experience of this though.

On another note, I'll say that I've never seen a usage warning text for the $10 plan when it's depleted the 50 mins available.  Seems to me that some users get a warning, others not.

I understand the possible "bug"...so I asked 🙂

My main account gets both 10 minutes and 10 texts warnings. They are sent from 611. Maybe you're blocking?

@Anonymous wrote:

@wikevin wrote:

Anonymous
Not applicable

@wikevin wrote:

benfatto
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@redgam8 wrote:

Not sure which one you meant, but I still see all these in my account.

• $0 Free Holiday Giveaway: 1GB Add-on
  • 1GB Add-on

It may be an error on your account. Please contact the moderator.

@redgam8 No error; not there means it's been used up. Don't bother contacting the moderators.

redgam8
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Not sure which one you meant, but I still see all these in my account.

• $0 Free Holiday Giveaway: 1GB Add-on
  • 1GB Add-on

It may be an error on your account. Please contact the moderator.

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@wikevin  it only disappears when it is used up. It doesn't expire. So, You probably used it up. Stay safe 

Need Help? Let's chat.