cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

closing

mamatee
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi. I am closing my daughters phone account and have removed her from auto pay.  Is that all I do? Will it just discontinue and disconnect once the bill comes due and no payment? Or is there a way to close the account before then?  She bought a new apple xl pro or something with a contract with another provider and does not need this one anymore.  We still have ours but need to close hers.  

Help please.

Thanks

12 REPLIES 12

If you arent porting out the number, and have had the account long enough to accumulate some loyalty rewards, there may be someone out there who would like to take over the account.

Of course if she would like to KEEP her phone number it can be ported to the new provider whoever they are which will instantly close the PM account. But, as mentioned, this has to be done before the PM account is suspended for non payment.

AE_Collector

dude65
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Just remove the CC from autopay like like others have said. Did she want to keep her phone number, and port it to the new provider? This will terminate you after the port is successfull.

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

You can remove your autopay.

To set up AutoPay, sign in to your Self-Serve account, select the ‘Payment’ tab, then ‘Register for AutoPay’. From here, you can sign up for AutoPay or remove the feature, if you no longer want payments to automatically occur. If you would like to change the card that is automatically charged, scroll to the bottom of the ‘Payment’ tab, then select ‘Manage my card’. This will allow you to update or remove your credit or Visa Debit card.

Starshoot
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

The account closes after 90 days of no payment. Just remove the credit card and auto pay.

@zblackma 

Sage advice from one smart mama to another smart mama @mamatee  we'll see your daughter in about two years from now....

zblackma
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@mamatee  ask your daughter if she is porting her number. Her PM account has to be active to port unless its to Telus or Koodo. (then she has 89 days from suspension). Give her 2 days before her payment is due to take her number to the new provider.

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@mamatee 

Choices to cancel service:
1. Quick and keeping your phone number
Remove autopay credit card info to stop autopay and port your number to another provider. Your account will be canceled right away.
2. Slow and not keeping your phone number.
Remove autopay credit card info to stop autopay. Your account will be suspended without payment at your next renewal date. 90 days after suspension, your account will be cancel. You have 90 days to change your mind by paying and reactivate your account.
3. Make money and not keeping your phone number
If you have a plan with high demand, you can let someone to take over your plan. Your phone number will go with the plan to the new owner.

@mamatee the account will automatically close after 90 days with no payment. Stay safe. 

mamatee
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I myself love public mobile.  🙂  Daughter is young and silly wanting those new devices.  Thank you for your help.  

Take care,

Tanya

gpixel
Mayor / Maire

@mamatee you can also put the phone in lost/stolen option in your self serve. to make sure it doesn't bill your credit card

RossN
Mayor / Maire

@mamatee Hello as long as you removed your credit card you are good to go, enjoy the high prices  sorry to see you go bye

Need Help? Let's chat.