cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cant connect to 3g

claraderichouff
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi i purchased a plan with 5gig of internet but it doesnt seem to work. Could you help me with that matter ? 

thanks!

9 REPLIES 9

@claraderichouff So, everything works but data. In which case, some suggestions:

a) login to your account and look under Data & add-ons; if you don't see any data you've used the allowance

b) Settings >> General >> About: if a carrier update is offered install it

c) Settings > > General >> Profiles & Device Management: if you see any profiles delete them

d) Settings >> Cellular >> Cellular Data Network: scroll down & Reset Settings

e) Turn off any VPN

f) be sure cellular data is ON

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@claraderichouff wrote:

I can call & text but i cant go online. The status on my account for 3g is "active", i have an iphone 7. i tried turning my phone off and on again and same for airplane mode..

iirc you need to connect to itunes via usb and check for updates. Also set your phone to LTE not just 3G. Although you should be able to get data on 3G...set it to LTE anyway.

But I'm not an iphone or Apple guy 🙂

claraderichouff
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I can call & text but i cant go online. The status on my account for 3g is "active", i have an iphone 7. i tried turning my phone off and on again and same for airplane mode..

BearFBI
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@claraderichouff What do you mean. Is the data the only thing not working? Are you trying to use the 3G network instead of the LTE network and its not working? a little more information would be helpful 🙂

@Staliger wrote:

@claraderichouff Did you port your number? Did you try restarting your phone? Can you call/sent text? Give us some more info so we could help better.

I believe that @claraderichouff is actually trying to say that data isn't working. Porting  a number would have no effect on data.

Staliger
Mayor / Maire

@claraderichouff Did you port your number? Did you try restarting your phone? Can you call/sent text? Give us some more info so we could help better.

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@claraderichouff 

More details would be helpful.

Does talk and text work?

Which model phone?

Is your account status active or suspended? 

Did you activate new account? ported number or new number?

A few things to try:

Reboot phone

Toggle airplane mode on, then off

Network reset

iliketotalk
Mayor / Maire

@claraderichouff Hi if you just created a new account is it possible the phone you using is locked to your last service provider?More information would be appreciated

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@claraderichouff can you enable data and try to send a mms message?  Thanks. What's the make and model of your phone?  Stay safe. 

Need Help? Let's chat.