cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Re: cannot send/rec texts or make/rec calls - $15 plan

Please read these insights and share yours regarding problems with texting with PM, here:

Problems with Texting on Public Mobile? Read my insights and share yours

If you appreciate the thread, be sure to click the Bravo button at the bottom of the post once you are at the link above.

Cheers

Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Just read your input on the problem. Interesting insight. I know another person in my family (my mom) who's on Public Mobile, so I could check for and confirm that issue at home. Only thing is, as of today, my own issue still isn't solved even if the moderators answered my private message. It's been one week now that I can't text nor call on my cell. My account's not suspended and the SIM card provided by Public Mobile reads just fine, too. Also, the towers from PM/Telus seem to work fine in my area (Montreal, QC) when I ask my mom and my neighbors (mostly on Koodo/Telus) about cell reception today. 

Man, what a mess...

@Frankzor wrote:

Just read your input on the problem. Interesting insight. I know another person in my family (my mom) who's on Public Mobile, so I could check for and confirm that issue at home. Only thing is, as of today, my own issue still isn't solved even if the moderators answered my private message. It's been one week now that I can't text nor call on my cell. My account's not suspended and the SIM card provided by Public Mobile reads just fine, too. Also, the towers from PM/Telus seem to work fine in my area (Montreal, QC) when I ask my mom and my neighbors (mostly on Koodo/Telus) about cell reception today. 

Man, what a mess...

Good feedback. Let's try to keep it all in one place at the link provided:

Problems with Texting on Public Mobile? Read my insights and share yours

Oracle

@pm-smayer97 Putting all texting issues in one place is a bad idea. The tech/moderator teams monitor private messages not particular threads. Stop suggesting this as a solution.

>>> ALERT: I AM NOT A MODERATOR. JE NE SUIS PAS MODERATEUR.
Mayor / Maire

@Luddite wrote:

@pm-smayer97 Putting all texting issues in one place is a bad idea. The tech/moderator teams monitor private messages not particular threads. Stop suggesting this as a solution.

This a thousand times. Please. Stop. With the. Clutter.

And the begging for Bravos.

But hey...it's a mostly free country. Thanks for saying something Luddite.

@Luddite wrote:

They do if they are directed to it. ;-)

@z10user4 wrote:

@Luddite wrote:

This a thousand times. Please. Stop. With the. Clutter.

But hey...it's a mostly free country.

But having multiple threads on the same topic is not clutter??? Hmmm.....

How do multiple threads makes it better when trying to have a conversation, especially when trying to troubleshoot?

But like you said, it's mostly a free country. 

@z10user4 @Luddite 

Oh BTW, you guys may not be affected by the latest stream of issues but users are struggling out here over non-working phones, dropped calls, text messages not getting through, etc and you guys are concerned about "clutter" and bravos? 

I'm simply trying to find a way to make it easier for everyone to get info, find solutions, and get help. 

So let's not lose miss the forest for the trees and keep in mind what is really important.

Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

FINALLY! My own issue is solved. I still don't understand what happened, but as of today, my sim card WORKS. I can now receive and send calls AND SMS to/from any of my contacts on PM, Telus and Fido/Rogers. (I have no one on Bell/Virgin lol.) I have been overusing my mom's cellphone (she's on PM for 4 years now and still use the same cellphone) for testing purposes.

I can also receive SMS and call from other PM users.

I think I'll throw away my cellphones and buy a new one. I need to save myself another headache after being out of service for 1 whole week...

Mayor / Maire

@Frankzor wrote:

FINALLY! My own issue is solved. I still don't understand what happened, but as of today, my sim card WORKS. I can now receive and send calls AND SMS to/from any of my contacts on PM, Telus and Fido/Rogers. (I have no one on Bell/Virgin lol.) I have been overusing my mom's cellphone (she's on PM for 4 years now and still use the same cellphone) for testing purposes.

I can also receive SMS and call from other PM users.

I think I'll throw away my cellphones and buy a new one. I need to save myself another headache after being out of service for 1 whole week...

GOOD NEWS!!!