cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cannot send/rec texts or make/rec calls - $15 plan

frankmobilepm
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I switched to $15 plan a couple days ago. It was all good till yesterday. I noticed that I cannot use any text or voice service at all. Just checked again today, the phone service is still not restored. Wondering when will the service be back?

@Moderator_Team

24 REPLIES 24

@will13am wrote:

@pm-smayer97 wrote:

@LaOmbra wrote:

@pm-smayer97 wrote:

If you appreciate the thread, be sure to click the Bravo button at the bottom of the post once you are at the link above.

Cheers

Begging for Bravos

Quite sad

Meditate instead

Thanks so much for your concern for my well-being. Kinda sad that you are following my posts around and needing to leave a condescending comment everywhere. I'm actually just trying to help people with this problem. What are you doing to help?

If the shoe fits my friend.  Kinda sad that you have to lurk in various thread begging for a bravo.  BTW, have you figured out how many reward dollars per bravo?  I hope it is better than air miles.  I have to spend until I am bankrupt and still I don't have enough miles to get me a short haul trip from one end of the runway to the other.  

Exactly... they are worth virtually nothing. And the "ranks" are divided by a count ofliterally hundreds. And if you were really paying attention rather than making quick off-the-cuff remarks, you would notice that my posts are very targetted and fitting to the thread. Again, that is certainly no way to garner any significant # bravos. If that were my goal, I would be on here contributing far more. That therefore cannot be the motive for any reasonably thinking person. So isn't it sad that people are wasting time making a fuss over this? Thanks for making my case for me... 

Don't lose sight of the bigger picture...

@pm-smayer97 wrote:

@LaOmbra wrote:

@pm-smayer97 wrote:

If you appreciate the thread, be sure to click the Bravo button at the bottom of the post once you are at the link above.

Cheers

Begging for Bravos

Quite sad

Meditate instead

Thanks so much for your concern for my well-being. Kinda sad that you are following my posts around and needing to leave a condescending comment everywhere. I'm actually just trying to help people with this problem. What are you doing to help?

If the shoe fits my friend.  Kinda sad that you have to lurk in various thread begging for a bravo.  BTW, have you figured out how many reward dollars per bravo?  I hope it is better than air miles.  I have to spend until I am bankrupt and still I don't have enough miles to get me a short haul trip from one end of the runway to the other.  

@LaOmbra wrote:

@pm-smayer97 wrote:

Cheers

Begging for Bravos

Quite sad

Meditate instead

LaOmbra

@pm-smayer97 wrote:

Cheers

Begging for Bravos

Quite sad

Meditate instead

@Frankzor wrote:

FINALLY! My own issue is solved. I still don't understand what happened, but as of today, my sim card WORKS. I can now receive and send calls AND SMS to/from any of my contacts on PM, Telus and Fido/Rogers. (I have no one on Bell/Virgin lol.) I have been overusing my mom's cellphone (she's on PM for 4 years now and still use the same cellphone) for testing purposes.

I can also receive SMS and call from other PM users.

I think I'll throw away my cellphones and buy a new one. I need to save myself another headache after being out of service for 1 whole week...

Glad it is working for you. Not so much for the $10 plans, at least for me. I'll continue to record progress on that here:

Problems with Texting on Public Mobile? Read my insights and share yours

If there is anyone else that has trouble on the $10 plans, please share and follow along there too.

@Frankzor wrote:

FINALLY! My own issue is solved. I still don't understand what happened, but as of today, my sim card WORKS. I can now receive and send calls AND SMS to/from any of my contacts on PM, Telus and Fido/Rogers. (I have no one on Bell/Virgin lol.) I have been overusing my mom's cellphone (she's on PM for 4 years now and still use the same cellphone) for testing purposes.

I think I'll throw away my cellphones and buy a new one. I need to save myself another headache after being out of service for 1 whole week...

GOOD NEWS!!!

Frankzor
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

@Anonymous @Luddite 

Oh BTW, you guys may not be affected by the latest stream of issues but users are struggling out here over non-working phones, dropped calls, text messages not getting through, etc and you guys are concerned about "clutter" and bravos? 

I'm simply trying to find a way to make it easier for everyone to get info, find solutions, and get help. 

So let's not lose miss the forest for the trees and keep in mind what is really important.

@Anonymous wrote:

@Luddite wrote:

@pm-smayer97 Putting all texting issues in one place is a bad idea. The tech/moderator teams monitor private messages not particular threads. Stop suggesting this as a solution.

This a thousand times. Please. Stop. With the. Clutter.

But hey...it's a mostly free country.

But having multiple threads on the same topic is not clutter??? Hmmm.....

How do multiple threads makes it better when trying to have a conversation, especially when trying to troubleshoot?

But like you said, it's mostly a free country. 

@Luddite wrote:

@pm-smayer97 Putting all texting issues in one place is a bad idea. The tech/moderator teams monitor private messages not particular threads. Stop suggesting this as a solution.

They do if they are directed to it. 😉

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Luddite wrote:

This a thousand times. Please. Stop. With the. Clutter.

And the begging for Bravos.

But hey...it's a mostly free country. Thanks for saying something Luddite.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

@Frankzor wrote:

Just read your input on the problem. Interesting insight. I know another person in my family (my mom) who's on Public Mobile, so I could check for and confirm that issue at home. Only thing is, as of today, my own issue still isn't solved even if the moderators answered my private message. It's been one week now that I can't text nor call on my cell. My account's not suspended and the SIM card provided by Public Mobile reads just fine, too. Also, the towers from PM/Telus seem to work fine in my area (Montreal, QC) when I ask my mom and my neighbors (mostly on Koodo/Telus) about cell reception today. 

Man, what a mess...

Good feedback. Let's try to keep it all in one place at the link provided:

Frankzor

Just read your input on the problem. Interesting insight. I know another person in my family (my mom) who's on Public Mobile, so I could check for and confirm that issue at home. Only thing is, as of today, my own issue still isn't solved even if the moderators answered my private message. It's been one week now that I can't text nor call on my cell. My account's not suspended and the SIM card provided by Public Mobile reads just fine, too. Also, the towers from PM/Telus seem to work fine in my area (Montreal, QC) when I ask my mom and my neighbors (mostly on Koodo/Telus) about cell reception today. 

Man, what a mess...

Please read these insights and share yours regarding problems with texting with PM, here:

Cheers

Frankzor

I can't say. I'll wait for the moderators' response. Upon reading several threads in the forum, it's not an issue with the cell towers. It's more like an issue on Public Mobile's side with how they configure their newest plans. That problem seems to persist since the end of April 2019 (since they introduced the new plans). So far, based on user feedback, checking one account at a time (instead of a global solution) seems to be the solution.

BEER
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@Frankzor wrote:

Me too. Just created an account on May 6, 2019 and opted for the 15$ plan. I can't make nor receive calls norSMSS. I just sent a private message to the moderators today. 

Sorry for your problem ..... we have 3 PM accounts that are heavily used mainly for texting and data and have never encountered any problems. Just wondering if perhaps some of the problems encountered by you and other users may have some connection to the local reception towers.

Frankzor

Me too. Just created an account on May 6, 2019 and opted for the 15$ plan. I can't make nor receive calls nor SMS. I just sent a private message to the moderators today. 

JHC

Me either. I have two numbers with public mobile, and theyve been like this for days.

dumbdobie1
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Sorry to hear about your difficulties....hopefully PM will sort it out soon.

xchoo

My service has just started working! You guys should check yours. Smiley Very Happy

frozenmelon

Prepare to wait. It's been ~24 hours for me and counting.

xchoo

You can message the moderator team using this link.

Alistairm

@frankmobilepm wrote:

I switched to $15 plan a couple days ago. It was all good till yesterday. I noticed that I cannot use any text or voice service at all. Just checked again today, the phone service is still not restored. Wondering when will the service be back?

@Moderator_Team

Yeah, there are numerous customers in the same situation, including myself.  As far as i have seen/heard, there is no ETA.  Your best bet is to send a message to the mods by clicking on the envelope at the top right of your screen.  A mod reached out to me late yesterday evening, i verified my identity with them, but have not heard back from them.  Good luck

Need Help? Let's chat.