cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

canada wide text

featherland
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi everyone,

I like to text a lot when I am out of Ontario, I am curious why Public Mobile does not offer an add on that is unlimited Canada wide text only or maybe an unlimited Canada wide call + unlimited Canada wide text? wouldn't it be nice if that is offered? Thanks in advance

6 REPLIES 6

Luddite
Oracle
Oracle

@featherland wrote:

Hi everyone,

I like to text a lot when I am out of Ontario, I am curious why Public Mobile does not offer an add on that is unlimited Canada wide text only or maybe an unlimited Canada wide call + unlimited Canada wide text? wouldn't it be nice if that is offered? Thanks in advance

I read this as "Can I using texting outside my home province while in Canada?". If so, the answer is yes: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Getting-Started/data-and-text-works-canada-wide/m-p/1....

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

LEGO
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@featherland If you have $20 talk plan only, why are you wonder who needs 3G plans nowadays? Most likely cost of Canada Wide Text add-on would be the same as International Text cost.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @featherland, regarding the 3G data, for most people the slower speed is completely unnoticable for everyday tasks like browsing the net, getting a weather update, or navigating with maps.  For these people the price savings is well worth it.

Also, regarding the $20 talk plan, there is no texting included.  If you need to text, then you can add texting to the plan.  It is only $5 more for international texting.

featherland
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi, lets say someone had 20 dollar unlimited talk plan which is not possible to text if out of province unless there is an unlimited or limited text only addon. If PM had an addon available wouldn't it benefit the person? I do see all the 3g plan offer international unlimited text however 3g is much slower and older and I am not sure why PM still offers that and why would someone even choose 3g plan nowadays

jp2

They also offer unlimited Canada wide calling. In fact with the new 3G data pricing province wide and Canada wide calling is the same price 

LEGO

You get Unlimited International Text. Why would you want Canada Text only?

Need Help? Let's chat.