cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

canada Long distances Add-on showing 31 minutes used byt no long distances calls were made

Kaloi
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi, 

Canada Long distances Add-on showing 31 minutes used byt no long distances calls were made.  How is this charged, I checked all my outgoing calls already.

9 REPLIES 9

iPhoneUser
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Kaloi wrote:

Phone/s for my father, turns out he is make more outgoing calls than before on the $15 talk/text plan he maxed out 100 free outgoing minutes and now using the add on minutes.

thanks everyone for the help.

For your father. 

Public Mobile suggested add-ons for $15 monthly plan.

If you want to be frugal and flexible this is my suggestion.

Buy the $15 monthly plan.

For add-ons.

GOOD COMBINATION. More flexibility, less overall cost.

2 x $5 add-on (1 cent/min.) 500 Canada-wide Long Distance minutes

1 x $15 add-on (3.75 cent/min.) 400 International Long Distance minutes add-on this gives you full calling LD including USA, Canada and International for less cost per minute than using the $8 add-on. 

=======

$25

NOT SO GOOD COMBINATION.

2 x $5 add-on (1 cent/min.) 500 Canada-wide Long Distance minutes

1 x $8 add-on (4 cent/min.) 200 U.S. & Canada Long Distance minutes

1 x $15 (3.75 cent/min.) 400 International Long Distance minutes add-on.

=======

$33 Total

Note the $5, $8, and $15 add-on would all kick in for Local/Canada Wide calls if your allotted minutes were all used up. This applies to the $15 monthly plan only.

The reason for 2 x $5 add-ons, assuming most of your calls are Canada Wide, is......once 1 x $5 is used up and you are now using the second $5 add-on ......buy another $5 add-on. 

The $15 add-on is less cost per minute than the $8 add-on (<=less value) and the $15 add-on does same and much more than the $8 add-on (<=less value). 

Note: The add ons I have mentioned do NOT expire until all the minutes have been used.....the unused minutes roll over month to month until all exhausted.

Kaloi
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Phone/s for my father, turns out he is make more outgoing calls than before on the $15 talk/text plan he maxed out 100 free outgoing minutes and now using the add on minutes.

thanks everyone for the help.

@yanzhiqiang wrote:

Better contact moderator by clicking ? mark.

No need to contact moderators until we know that @Kaloi is not on the $10 or $15 plan and if on the $15 plan we need to know that it is definitely the version that includes unlimited incoming calls, not the old original $15 plan.

AE_Collector

@Kaloi 
Likely you are on either the $10 or $15 plan and have run out of regular plan minutes this month (or a previous month that used the 31 minutes of the Canada/US calling plan). The $15 plan has unlimited incoming but only 100 minutes of outgoing calls. If you have had this plan for close to a year (when it first launched) up you could easily still be on the original $15 plan that only had 100 minutes combined in and out calling. If so, you need to schedule a change to the current version of the $15 plan.

All calling add-ons are "backwards compatible" IE: they will be tapped if you run out of included plan minutes. The 400 minute International Calling add-on that we were given at Christmas time will be tapped into if your regular monthly minutes are exceeded. If you think you will get use from that add-on to call to US or other included countries and if you are on the $10 or $15 plan, you should buy the 500 minutes for $5 add-on to cover local or Canada calling overages.

AE_Collector

AresPalace
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

This happens if you run out of minutes. 

For example, if your phone plan has 100 minutes. And you go over that time then it proceeds to consume your long-distance call minutes.

yanzhiqiang
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Better contact moderator by clicking ? mark.

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@Kaloi which plan are you on? And do you mean the $5 , 500 minute Canada wide add on? This kicks in if you are on the $15 plan and use up your 100 minutes.

@Kaloi wrote:

Hi, 

Canada Long distances Add-on showing 31 minutes used byt no long distances calls were made.  How is this charged, I checked all my outgoing calls already.

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@Kaloi wrote:

Hi, 

@Kaloi Did you check your usage history? PM counters are very accurate but if you still feel that there was an error then submit a ticket to PM.

To submit a ticket to the Moderator Team, please start a conversation with the Public's virtual assistant, SIMon by clicking the icon below:

s.JPG

If you are still having problems contacting Public Mobile then click here. The link  sends you to the private message function and adds the moderator team as recipient for a private message. You just have to enter a title and text in the body of the message describing the problem and post. The message will be received by the moderator team and they will respond to it. You will receive the response in your private message inbox.

Please note that account verification may be required when contacting the Moderator Team 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Kaloi wrote:

Hi, 

Please post a screen snip of your overview page. Blank out personal info of course.

Edit: what a maroon...There's no Canada Long Distance Add-on is why I ask to see what you might be referring to.

@Kaloi: indeed...if you are on a limited minutes plan then that add-on gets used when you go over your limited minutes. What's nice is that it's seamless during a call.

Need Help? Let's chat.