cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

can't make calls out

cnobert
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi,

I just ported my number to Public Mobile. I waited several hours, then Public Mobile sent me a text saying that my transfer request was successful.

I can't call any number. It gives me a message saying that the number is long distance and that's not in my add-on (I have Canada-wide minutes). Even if I put a +1 behind the number, it doesn't work. I also can't text anyone.

However, I can call the phone with another cell phone. If I call from a landline, it works if we put a +1 behind the number.

Help?

12 REPLIES 12

@cnobertIf you are trying to port a number, you can still "unregret" and cancel switching to Public Mobile by NOT porting your number to Public Mobile. Especially since for porting to work correctly you need your old cell phone account AND your current Public Mobile account to be active.

If you have an ad blocker on your browser, you have to disable it for SIMon to work properly.

I'm sorry you're having issues with silly SIMon.

Please click link below and you can message moderators directly. 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

cnobert

Thanks JB456. Oh yeah, I remember the ticket screen. No matter what I answer to the question "Please complete one of the following...", it will not make that "Next" button clickable. Any ideas? I'm REALLY regretting switching to Public Mobile right now.Capture.PNG

@cnobertThere is a bug try clear the cache and cookies and try again.. type in your issue and type in submit ticket.

Write "Human"

Then click "Account specific question"

Then click "No I want a Human"

Then bonehead SIMon Lol will give you a link for a ticket 

cnobert

How do I convince the AI chat bot to give me a moderator ticket? He/it is telling me to ask the community.

Ok you will have to contact the moderators to resolve your issue.

It appears that there was a system error last night and many people had the 1969 due date and balance in their account still...this is the reason why you're having trouble with your phone and only the moderators can fix it.

See picture below on how to open a ticket for Moderators to investigate. Sorry you had trouble but it will get fixed.

Simon.JPG

@cnobert wrote:

Calls incoming?

• from a landline: yes, if I enter "1" before the number (it's not long distance, its' an Alberta number and I'm calling from Alberta)
  • from a cellphone: yes, and I don't have to enter a "1" first

Calls outgoing?

No

Text Incoming?

No

Text outgoing?

No

Internet data?

No

Also log into self serve account check payment due date does it say Dec 30 1969? 

Yes it does

Is there a balance in your account?

Yes

What phone do you have?

Iphone 7

Have you tried resetting your network settings?

Yes.

Have you tried rebooting your phone?

Many times

Have you tried pulling sim card out and putting it back in?

Yes

Thank you for your answer, but this issue is still not resolved.

cnobert

Neither of those suggestions worked. And the link to submit a ticket to the moderator team is broken.

Thank you for the answer, but this issue is not resolved and I don't have a working cellphone right now.

cnobert

Calls incoming?

• from a landline: yes, if I enter "1" before the number (it's not long distance, its' an Alberta number and I'm calling from Alberta)
  • from a cellphone: yes, and I don't have to enter a "1" first

Calls outgoing?

No

Text Incoming?

No

Text outgoing?

No

Internet data?

No

Also log into self serve account check payment due date does it say Dec 30 1969? 

Yes it does

Yes

What phone do you have?

Iphone 7

Yes.

Many times

Yes

Thank you for your answer, but this issue is still not resolved.

Luddite
Oracle
Oracle

@cnobert There was a recent bug with this issue. Robot Sad

Try these tricks:

a) Lost/Stolen Trick 

1. login to your account >> Plan and Add-ons >> Lost/Stolen Phone >> click Suspend Service >> logout

2. login to your account >> Plan and Add-ons >> Lost/Stolen Phone >> click Resume Service >> logout

3. wait a few minutes, reboot your phone and check for service

b) $1 Trick

1. login to your account >> Payment >> One TIme Payment >> follow the direction to poay $1 >> logout

2. wait a few minutes, reboot your phone and check for service

If neither work, click this: https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/form/U2FsdGVkX18wmLhWavyrfzjnnrz8mQG_zuI2MSqqCK-mfrwavJDY... to submit a ticket to the moderator team. Usually they answer within in 24 hours, but can take a few days.

Meanwhile, if you need to make phone calls try an application like that from https://www.fongo.com/ . It provides free calling across Canada from wherever you are connected to wifi.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

So first what works what doesn't?

Calls incoming?

Calls outgoing?

Text Incoming?

Text outgoing?

Internet data?

Also log into self serve account check payment due date does it say Dec 30 1969? (This was a system error last night)

What phone do you have?

kselmak
Mayor / Maire

Can you please restart your phone with sim inside? Is it still happening?

Need Help? Let's chat.