cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

calls displayed from United states

Hi All,

I am new in the community. I just got a public mobile number and tried to call this number from my another rogers plan phone, but the calls to the public mobile number displayed from United States on my rogers plan phone, although I set up the public mobile number at Alberta and phsically was in Alberta. Please help for this isuue. Thanks

Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Re: calls displayed from United states

@Nathy2019What is the area code is your number being displayed? Does it match the number you have been assigned when signed up?

Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

What is your new area code? Last time i had similar problem i actually misdialed 

@Nathy2019 wrote:

Hi All,

I am new in the community. I just got a public mobile number and tried to call this number from my another rogers plan phone, but the calls to the public mobile number displayed from United States on my rogers plan phone, although I set up the public mobile number at Alberta and phsically was in Alberta. Please help for this isuue. Thanks

new area code is 825

Area code is 825, Yes it matches

Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@Nathy2019On the bright side Roger's tech support is pretty quick.. you just need to tell them your phone number 825 xxx xxxx get displayed as from the US instead of the correct geographic overlay. It is Roger's end that is not displaying the 825 area code correctly.

Just tried that wehn I dialed (825) XXX XXXX, Rogers responsed " We can not complete the call as you dialed, please check the number...." . However, the called could be completed when I dialed +1(825) XXX XXXX, but the call displayed from United States.

Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Nathy2019 wrote:

Just tried that wehn I dialed (825) XXX XXXX, Rogers responsed " We can not complete the call as you dialed, please check the number...." . However, the called could be completed when I dialed +1(825) XXX XXXX, but the call displayed from United States.

Not dialing the 1 should still allow the call, although you might first hear some message about the call being long distance.  If not connecting, this part is a Public Mobile issue.

The United States on the display is the phone software. A database probably Google has bad info. Ignore it.

Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

can you try to call from another provider or fongo and see what it says?

Mayor / Maire

@Nathy2019 wrote:

Hi All,

I'm confused. Are you calling from another phone TO your new service here? Or are you calling another phone FROM here?